FIFA 20

TheGoon

Bought this last week and fired it up earlier. Have they really binned Single Player Seasons on Ultimate Team with no alternative? Presumably to limit the number of ways to make coins so the mugs spend more money on packs? Is it actually worth playing if I'm not willing to constantly fork out on 'FIFA Points'?

Started up Volta expecting a new and improved Fifa Street, instead got a cringey story and just a shiter version of the normal game.

I definitely should have read some reviews beforehand :lol:

Horrendous last night. You’d think having a full 10 chem team would still keep you competitive. A guy with a very average bundesliga team (and Ousmane Dembele) destroyed me last night 4-2. Definitely wasn’t better than me, just got everything while I was running through treacle with players like Mertens and Insigne. It’s pish. Laggy button delaying pish. I’m Division 7 as well and have been as high as division 5. Just mental. Might take a break from it for a while to be honest. 

Thanks for all the tips.

Not sure I can fit Coutinho into my team with the chemistry. Might try to add Sane in the future as not convinced by Martial.

Definitely agree about my midfield, been much too easy to score against. Will see how Vidal with Shadow goes.Screenshot_2020-01-07-23-27-09-945_com_ea_gp.fifaultimate.thumb.jpeg.b4a64ce01ad0992f7a6f6079abe3865d.jpeg
Could try something like this, probably around the same cost as your current squad and decent chem.Screenshot_20200108-214349_Companion.jpeg

4 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Bought this last week and fired it up earlier. Have they really binned Single Player Seasons on Ultimate Team with no alternative? Presumably to limit the number of ways to make coins so the mugs spend more money on packs? Is it actually worth playing if I'm not willing to constantly fork out on 'FIFA Points'?

Started up Volta expecting a new and improved Fifa Street, instead got a cringey story and just a shiter version of the normal game.

I definitely should have read some reviews beforehand :lol:

You can build up a decent team but it does take a bit of time if you don't want to buy packs. This year and last I've only bought £10 worth of Fifa Points and still ended up with good squads. The thing is to know when to get the free packs (Marquee match ups appear on a Thursday evening, Squad Battles rewards are at midnight on Sunday and Rivals/Weekend league rewards are on a Thursday morning.)

You can also make coins on the transfer market if you have a bit of patience as well. Buy low, sell high (or grind bronze boxes, which I never do!)

Thanks for all the tips.

Not sure I can fit Coutinho into my team with the chemistry. Might try to add Sane in the future as not convinced by Martial.

Definitely agree about my midfield, been much too easy to score against. Will see how Vidal with Shadow goes.Screenshot_2020-01-07-23-27-09-945_com_ea_gp.fifaultimate.thumb.jpeg.b4a64ce01ad0992f7a6f6079abe3865d.jpeg
Lenglet for Saul all day long.

I love Sule - probably my favourite defender I have played with. I have Pique in my subs - could try him.

Lenglet for Saul all day long.
I have been doing all the PL SBCs today and have 3 Mega Packs, about 6 PL Premium Players and 7 PL 3 card packs to open.

Will no doubt get nothing from them but does anybody know when all POTY players will be added?

1 hour ago, Saigon Raider said:

I love Sule - probably my favourite defender I have played with. I have Pique in my subs - could try him.

I have been doing all the PL SBCs today and have 3 Mega Packs, about 6 PL Premium Players and 7 PL 3 card packs to open.

Will no doubt get nothing from them but does anybody know when all POTY players will be added?

I'm sitting with:

Premium gold jumbo - 4

Premium gold players - 2

Prime gold players - 2

Rare players- 4

Mega - 10

Ultimate  - 1

Preparing myself for disappointment 😂

Done that new Bernardo Silva card, he looks very good. I had a shit load of untradeables from weeks of rewards and all these upgrades packs. Cost me about 70k from my coins. 

Got Gomez from my Reds, looks like a good card but doesn’t fit my team. I’ll try him of the bench for this weekend league.

41212 in game. Got Jesus from a upgrade pack so I’ll see how he is. Should really replace Rodri but he’s untradeable so he does a job there. 

1BDAA5DD-2E9A-4E76-B846-D2B762FB8C7C.jpeg

Done that new Bernardo Silva card, he looks very good. I had a shit load of untradeables from weeks of rewards and all these upgrades packs. Cost me about 70k from my coins. 

Got Gomez from my Reds, looks like a good card but doesn’t fit my team. I’ll try him of the bench for this weekend league.

41212 in game. Got Jesus from a upgrade pack so I’ll see how he is. Should really replace Rodri but he’s untradeable so he does a job there. 
1BDAA5DD-2E9A-4E76-B846-D2B762FB8C7C.thumb.jpeg.b5feb2fb4c481574be9e6de48543cd99.jpeg

Same, cost me around 40k after doing a load of upgrades. Sold Mane for 50k profit so going to try Pires this weekend. If Pires is guff I’ll change to 4231 in game and bring Pisczek in as a CDM.

Got around 500k in investments on the transfer pile but looks like it could be a week or so before I can cash in if they keep releasing so many Promo packsIMG_0248.jpg
IMG_0249.jpg

On 07/01/2020 at 09:44, Dave said:

Probably going to spend some real money during TOTY just to try and catch up with everyone else as I'm still shit scared of going online despite a couple of good results. 

Did this last night and absolutely hate myself for it. Justified it by only really spending £15 getting the game itself due to gamesharing so bought FIFA points and got one of the 24 and 30 rare player packs. Two reveals were the TOTW 84 Mexican right back from Porto and 84 João Moutinho from Wolves. Waste of fucking time, not falling for that again. 

9 hours ago, Mayos Noun said:

This really should be hitting elite. I have been so lucky the past few weeks. Only Kante and PinkBoots are tradable.

IMG_7927.jpg

IMG_7928.jpg

Wow. What a team. I assume you traded your way to get that? Any tips?

Last year I invested in in forms, hit about 25m transfer profit, this year im really strughling, although still managed to build a decent side after a few additions yesterday

Screenshot_20200110-001202_Companion.jpg