FIFA 20

TheGoon

2 hours ago, Mayos Noun said:

Finished on 20 wins this weekend league and just completed Futmas Mendy. He will be the only one I complete I reckon.

I did Acuna as his card is actually pretty sick. Tempted by Mendy, but the price is a massive turn off, even more so when you consider Vidal is coming tomorrow according to the leaks.

Got to 11 wins and stopping there as that gives me automatic qualification should I get a weekend to have a go at it again. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be a was competitive in most games, the highlight was beating a team called ibroxXI with a last minute goal and the extra bonus of Scotland flags waving in the stands as I had the Scottish badge on.

Any of you get on the OTW Ben Yedder. My card has went up 160k because he scored 2 at the weekend.

ETA does anyone know when the player upgrades come out. I reckon he has a very good shout of getting put up to at least 85 which would make my card at least 87 without anymore in forms.

12 minutes ago, thomas said:

Didn't realise I'd be able to play weekend league today, this has led to needing 1 win from 4 for 14 wins this is where my controller will end up through the tv isn't it?

3-1 up and they quit in the 43 minute😂 3 games to get to 3 wins for 17 it is then.

Edited by thomas

18 minutes ago, thomas said:

3-1 up and they quit in the 43 minute😂 3 games to get to 3 wins for 17 it is then.

Not getting 17 then, delighted with 14 wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be and got qualification if i fancy another shot.

This is why they really should rethink the ranks for WL.  I've not played it too often relatively, but every time I do I'm usually sitting needing 2 or 3 from 3 to get to the next rank.  It really heightens the games unnecessarily, when really you should be getting something for each win.  Surely it'd be better if young thomas there knew that one win would get, say, another pack, rather than knowing he has to win 3 from 3 to get anything different.  Given it'd make a lot of people play every last game, I'm not sure why EA seem so averse to it.

1 hour ago, forameus said:

This is why they really should rethink the ranks for WL.  I've not played it too often relatively, but every time I do I'm usually sitting needing 2 or 3 from 3 to get to the next rank.  It really heightens the games unnecessarily, when really you should be getting something for each win.  Surely it'd be better if young thomas there knew that one win would get, say, another pack, rather than knowing he has to win 3 from 3 to get anything different.  Given it'd make a lot of people play every last game, I'm not sure why EA seem so averse to it.

Does that mean I should play my two remaining games? Will I get more for 16 wins that 14?

Think I've misread that, there's nothing to gain from playing the last two games.

Edited by thomas

2 hours ago, thomas said:

Does that mean I should play my two remaining games? Will I get more for 16 wins that 14?

Think I've misread that, there's nothing to gain from playing the last two games.

Other than coins and wins towards the season milestone there isn’t much else to play for. 

I've probably got to the 'meh' stage of the game earlier than in other years. I have built a strong team and have a good amount of coins in the bank for SBCs and TOTY but I am finding it more of a slog now (especially with the number of players who get themselves relegated on purpose for objectives). I don't really know how 'good' I am this year because of how players have spread themselves across the divisions. I also find the game continually very buggy and still far too random for my liking. I always enjoyed strong defending but the ricochets and random ball movements makes it so frustrating.

What are we looking for here?
Reading back the stats it doesn't show as much as I'd thought, just one of those games where his keeper played out his skin and my defence ran about like headless chicken, always seems to happen against prem teams.