FIFA 20

TheGoon

5 hours ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Untradeable division rivals finally paying off. Oh ya fucker.

BCEC54AA-250A-4947-B14B-D91148A4FE04.jpeg

I dislike you very much at this precise moment.

I was only rank three in rivals so I just took two tradeable packs. Inform Fekir out of one and Mandzukic out of the other so I suppose I can’t really complain too much.

Edited by Sauzee#4

1 hour ago, mrpaddyx said:

I did the untradeable TOTW challenge and got a Dutch player not called Van Dijk but a jobber called Lang :( (Even his card looked unhappy)

I did the tradable one, with an untradeable and some 79 rated Brazilian. Got Fischer back. Sold for 11k. Just did all the Marquee matchups and weekend matchups SBC. 6 packs. They’ll be pish.......will open soon...

edit. Absolute honking. Mega pack, 79 Gbamin. Really EA? You gave me him in the untradeable mega pack last night for the Black Friday objectives. Nonsense.

Edited by Wardy

Untradeable, I’ve got a Prem Hybrid squad so fits in perfect. I’ve had utter shite for weeks, got two 81s for Reds again so happy to finally pack something. 

I was considering paying 500k last week for his gold card. Haven’t used him this year but he’s a c**t to play against.
Might need my eyes tested.

Finally finished off the Base Icon Upgrade having sold 88 Vieri, as he just wasn't really as good as I'd hoped for the 290k I paid.  

Carlos Alberto comes out which...is actually not that bad.  Not too happy with a center back, but he'll replace Vertonghen quite well and give me a chemistry link.  Had hoped for a forward, but it's better than getting Inzaghi or something.

2 hours ago, forameus said:

Finally finished off the Base Icon Upgrade having sold 88 Vieri, as he just wasn't really as good as I'd hoped for the 290k I paid.  

Carlos Alberto comes out which...is actually not that bad.  Not too happy with a center back, but he'll replace Vertonghen quite well and give me a chemistry link.  Had hoped for a forward, but it's better than getting Inzaghi or something.

I was looking at him now that I can afford him. No good? Reviews on futbin couldn’t praise the card enough, scores a lot but lack of mobility. Wonder if his 86 card would actually be a better option? Kinda stuck on what to do for the next few weeks.

I’m not fussed about completing the icon objectives on rivals as I nearly lost a tele the other night after a couple of defeats. 

The Saudi SBC could be decent as that RB looks really good, albeit not amazing links. Danilo storyline also an option, currently at level 23 with a couple of weeks left. You’d like to think I would get enough XP to get there. 

Tonali is pretty good in CM but maybe slightly less agile than Allan. Miss the Dutch contingent a wee bit too, IF Promes and upgraded Bergwijn could be options but kind of play in the same position...

I ended up not getting Handanovic RTTF card as he started to get too expensive for a keeper. Packed Szczesny last week so he goes in. Actually pretty decent anyway. 

Any suggestions on upgrades or that would be appreciated. Icons I wouldn’t mind getting if they fit in. Can afford at least one the now. Zambrotta looks amazing, but still around 800k 😩

39451DDD-7A06-412F-98CB-F71EE66A646D.png

I was looking at him now that I can afford him. No good? Reviews on futbin couldn’t praise the card enough, scores a lot but lack of mobility. Wonder if his 86 card would actually be a better option? Kinda stuck on what to do for the next few weeks.

I’m not fussed about completing the icon objectives on rivals as I nearly lost a tele the other night after a couple of defeats. 
The Saudi SBC could be decent as that RB looks really good, albeit not amazing links. Danilo storyline also an option, currently at level 23 with a couple of weeks left. You’d like to think I would get enough XP to get there. 

Tonali is pretty good in CM but maybe slightly less agile than Allan. Miss the Dutch contingent a wee bit too, IF Promes and upgraded Bergwijn could be options but kind of play in the same position...
I ended up not getting Handanovic RTTF card as he started to get too expensive for a keeper. Packed Szczesny last week so he goes in. Actually pretty decent anyway. 

Any suggestions on upgrades or that would be appreciated. Icons I wouldn’t mind getting if they fit in. Can afford at least one the now. Zambrotta looks amazing, but still around 800k [emoji30]
39451DDD-7A06-412F-98CB-F71EE66A646D.thumb.png.c2bca1281dede97f47b9866f2ececab6.png
You could cheaply upgrade your right side by adding Semedo and Dembele. Their overall ratings may be lower than what you have but they are far superior in game. You could also buy the Mertens in form to replace the gold.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
1 hour ago, Wardy said:

Any suggestions on upgrades or that would be appreciated. Icons I wouldn’t mind getting if they fit in. Can afford at least one the now. Zambrotta looks amazing, but still around 800k emoji30.png
39451DDD-7A06-412F-98CB-F71EE66A646D.thumb.png.c2bca1281dede97f47b9866f2ececab6.png

You could cheaply upgrade your right side by adding Semedo and Dembele. Their overall ratings may be lower than what you have but they are far superior in game. You could also buy the Mertens in form to replace the gold.

Thanks. I’ve already got Semedo and Dembele. I usually just switch between those 2 combos on the right side. Mertens could be an option though yeah. Koulibaly team of the group stage card I could afford too. But hesitant to pay the cash for defenders...

32 minutes ago, Sauzee#4 said:

13F0687D-3F16-4B33-995B-DB6EE9FFBDEA.thumb.png.4b7d5857fa9176d9233e09b52dc284b9.png

The best 100k pack you will ever see in your life

There is nothing more demoralising than opening a high-value pack, and finding your best pull as one you'll barely get over 1k for.

3 hours ago, Wardy said:

I was looking at him now that I can afford him. No good? Reviews on futbin couldn’t praise the card enough, scores a lot but lack of mobility. Wonder if his 86 card would actually be a better option? Kinda stuck on what to do for the next few weeks

Yet to use him, I'm afraid.  Tried to charge through every objective I had outstanding in Rivals, then finished the SBC last thing.  Haven't had a chance to have a game yet. 

To be honest, he looks like one of the most interesting centre backs I've ever had.  You don't often get quick ones, but if they are, they're very rarely good passers and dribblers too.  His only real weaknesses looking purely at the stats are shooting (of course) and long passing.  A few lower stats in the dribbling areas that might affect his mobility, but comparing him to others, I don't think it would be that big an issue.  I've got NIF Van Dijk, and he's easily the best defender I've used.  But this guy beats him in pretty much every area.  Far more agile, better balance, control and agility.  Only slightly worse composure and reactions.  Better passer.  Defensive stats aren't quite up there with big Virgil, but they're not a million miles away (and almost maxed out with chemistry).

Guess the big difference will be the absolutely massive size difference, both in weight and height.  

image.thumb.png.240fc20a38a641bdfa42443dd209e9a5.png

Current team after the past few weeks of shenanigans with objectives.  I have pretty much drained my club of anthing worthwhile that you don't see here chasing a dream.  I really wanted someone top-drawer from Ligue 1 to sit alongside Neymar, but didn't manage it.  Took Keane and Giggs in the end from Swaps, happy enough with both (although Giggs is really only there for chemistry reasons).  Outside of that, I've pretty much gone to the dark side, and can field a fairly strong EPL team.  Packing VVD and KDB basically made it a necessity.  Can't see beyond Nainggolan on the right for his defensive abilities, so I can fit Politano in with decent enough chem.  Then I bit the bullet and brought big Christian back.  Bought him a while back, but didn't really get the sort of performance I wanted.  He was just "OK", which isn't really what you want for 270k.  But after getting my way back up to around the 400k mark, I really needed an icon to be able to play everyone around him at a decent chem.  Insigne would be my usual choice, but he would kick Neymar down a few notches, and he's not really physical enough for what I need.  So Vieri's back, and for a slight profit (a snip at 265k this time).  

Play a 3-4-1-2 usually in-game, Neymar and Politano switching around in the CAM/ST position alongside Vieri.  

41 minutes ago, forameus said:

image.thumb.png.240fc20a38a641bdfa42443dd209e9a5.png

Current team after the past few weeks of shenanigans with objectives.  I have pretty much drained my club of anthing worthwhile that you don't see here chasing a dream.  I really wanted someone top-drawer from Ligue 1 to sit alongside Neymar, but didn't manage it.  Took Keane and Giggs in the end from Swaps, happy enough with both (although Giggs is really only there for chemistry reasons).  Outside of that, I've pretty much gone to the dark side, and can field a fairly strong EPL team.  Packing VVD and KDB basically made it a necessity.  Can't see beyond Nainggolan on the right for his defensive abilities, so I can fit Politano in with decent enough chem.  Then I bit the bullet and brought big Christian back.  Bought him a while back, but didn't really get the sort of performance I wanted.  He was just "OK", which isn't really what you want for 270k.  But after getting my way back up to around the 400k mark, I really needed an icon to be able to play everyone around him at a decent chem.  Insigne would be my usual choice, but he would kick Neymar down a few notches, and he's not really physical enough for what I need.  So Vieri's back, and for a slight profit (a snip at 265k this time).  

Play a 3-4-1-2 usually in-game, Neymar and Politano switching around in the CAM/ST position alongside Vieri.  

Nice one, but yeah I was referring to Vieri when asking if he was good enough? I was considering getting him up front with Insigne and Mertens in the CAM positions? But worth the money? I can afford but I like to have plenty coins. Haha. 

15 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Nice one, but yeah I was referring to Vieri when asking if he was good enough? I was considering getting him up front with Insigne and Mertens in the CAM positions? But worth the money? I can afford but I like to have plenty coins. Haha. 

Ah, sorry. All that shite about Alberto and all! 

Id say if you have the coins, give him a try. I was looking to get Shearer as I found the big lump good fun on 19,but then saw Vieri looked just as good, if not better for less coins. He's a good target man, but there's a reason he's so cheap for an Icon. With Mertens and Insigne buzzing around him though, I'd expect some success. And then if he doesn't work out, sell him on. He hasn't seemed to have lost much value, so think it's fairly low risk.

So was doing the daily objective of buying a player, did my usual 200 coin Bundesliga (or any League SBC available) up pops this guy. Couldn’t believe I got him for 200 coins. There’s only 3 pages available for him and roughly going for 5k. 😂

5B02AABF-FE19-4C3C-A521-EAA94CBF6BA1.jpeg

Edited by Wardy

Just packed a black 91 TOTW Van Dijk and a blue 91 CL Hazard after completing the Nations SBC group.

Worth maybe 1.1m coins. Currently using a Serie A team with only two players 85+ and Immobile is my most expensive player at 18.5k. Should I sell Hazard and Van Dijk then create a more rounded squad and what team should I build?

Edited by TavTastic