FIFA 20

TheGoon

5 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Fair enough, I've not been able to get on with Vardy at all. Love Auba though. I agree rotating teams/players helps to keep it interesting.

Just checked their records for me there - Aubameyang has 56 in 62, Vardy has 41 in 58. Not sure where I got the feeling that Vardy was scoring more. 

3 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

EA are a bunch of con-men.

Praying on a mostly young audience as well. 

Shower of c***s.

Disagree really - they could offer more, but why would they do that when folk consistently lap up the shite they offer at the prices they offer it?

42 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

EA are a bunch of con-men.

Praying on a mostly young audience as well. 

Shower of c***s.

While I can sympathise with the viewpoint, can't really agree.  They'd be stupid not to take advantage of these profit avenues, particularly when this weekend in particular has shown how lucrative it can be.

The onus isn't on EA with this.  Nor should it be.  When shitty financial practices are going under the radar, you're not going to have a financial institution going "you know what lads, although this is still legal, we're going to decide not to do it"  In a wider sense, it's up to whoever can regulate the gaming industry to act and tell EA what they can and cannot do.  Belgium have already banned them completely, and although personally I disagree with something like that, it's hard to argue that it's not effective for stopping it.  On a micro level, parents need to get their fucking finger out.  If your kid is spending anything on things like this, you should know about it, and you should be acting on it.

EA are a "shower of c***s", but if anyone was in their position, they'd do the same.

If we are on the subject of complaining , I’m having the occasional problem with the goalie not rushing out. I’ll hold triangle and instead of going towards the ball he does a version of the Hokey Cokey instead! 

On a more positive note , I managed to get up to 20 swap icons last night (1am finish!) and Immediately traded them for Hagi. Looking forward to see if the grind was worth it. 

14 wins for me with 7 games left, after getting 11 last week and taking the 30 games. My only complaint about the game is how different it can feel from one day to the next. Or every time there is a patch you have to learn how to play a new game. Everything else is ok for me, the content in general has been pretty good this year and I don’t take part in those crazy lightening rounds. 

20 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

If we are on the subject of complaining , I’m having the occasional problem with the goalie not rushing out. I’ll hold triangle and instead of going towards the ball he does a version of the Hokey Cokey instead! 

I get the opposite.  I like to keep the keeper at home in most cases, as rushing them out often just means you're getting chipped/sweaty tap-in, and keeping them back sometimes confuses people.  I often get the keeper just deciding to rush out anyway, even if I press nothing, which almost always results in him getting beaten to the ball or fucking it up.

6 hours ago, forameus said:

EA are clearly having a fucking ball.  They must have made many, many millions over this weekend, and with very little effort.  Think on one lightning round alone they sold out in minutes to the tune of millions.  Now they're trolling hard by offering absolute shite packs in their flash SBCs for the most part, draining people's clubs so that they'll need to spend to complete future SBCs, and be driven towards packs.  They're fucking efficient, I'll give them that.

Decided to do one 81+ upgrade SBC for each league to see what I got.  Was interested in Ligue 1, because their lack of rare golds SHOULD mean you get something good.  Fucking Neymar.  Untradeable, unfortunately, so he's been slotted in.  Did a few more chasing an Mbappe, and got Icardi and Di Maria (an 85 and 86).  It's not a recommendation, as you're more likely to get shite, but it's been not bad for me.  Might splurge a few more coins on doing a few more, see what I get.

You’re tempting me to punt into the Ligue 1 SBC I can’t lie. Wouldn’t mind getting an untradeable Neymar meaning I could take the million plus on my tradeable one 😂

Have hit 500k and so far avoided any of the flashback/moments SBC’s. Been doing the flash SBC’s when the packs have been okay. Just packed blue Marcelo out of the most recent one so I could play him and sell Telles, but I think keeping Telles is the smarter choice.

10 minutes ago, Sauzee#4 said:

You’re tempting me to punt into the Ligue 1 SBC I can’t lie. Wouldn’t mind getting an untradeable Neymar meaning I could take the million plus on my tradeable one 😂

Have hit 500k and so far avoided any of the flashback/moments SBC’s. Been doing the flash SBC’s when the packs have been okay. Just packed blue Marcelo out of the most recent one so I could play him and sell Telles, but I think keeping Telles is the smarter choice.

While I'm going to go home and pick up enough players to fire through, I wouldn't recommend them unless you're prepared for disappointment.  I wouldn't recommend anything in FIFA for those reasons.  Once you get the mindset that you're likely to get f**k all out of anything, it's quite liberating!

14 minutes ago, Sauzee#4 said:

image.png.7de0454801b90a919ec863dd8978813d.png

Don't expect Mbappe

Currently going with is team for now. I'm still hopeless and permanently stuck in div 8 but find the games pretty fun as they seem quite even. I did the Gnarby pom SBC last night and it cost me a lot of coins due to not having many decent players in my club. 

Screenshot_20191202-160740_Companion.jpg

Screenshot_20191202-160749_Companion.jpg

Screenshot_20191202-160755_Companion.jpg

7 hours ago, Yonas said:

Hopefully they get it started soon otherwise it will be a rushed mess of a Promo. Forcing way to much on folk each week its a different special card.

Every promo is a disappointment now with EA if we were all to be one hundred percent honest

Edited by Sauzee#4

3 hours ago, Sauzee#4 said:

Every promo is a disappointment now with EA if we were all to be one hundred percent honest

The Scream promo was quite good I thought.  A good load of actually decent cards on offer, nice mix of objectives and SBCs.  That's how they should be, for me.  

Black Friday though...ooft.

In other news, looks like Marco van Basten has been such a silly billy that not even EA up on Snake Mountain want to touch him.  He's been effectively removed from the game (for new packs, draft etc) for his nazi comments.

I expect it'll be a storm of righteous indignation in most places and people determined to show that they're the most offended by it, but I'm just happy that the worst player I used in 19 is gone from 20.  Cheers EA.

The Van Basten thing is very odd. I'm obviously not defending what he said, but the number of footballers (past and present) who have done or said stuipid things is endless. It's rare for EA to actually act on it and sets a strange precedent.

It's even more of a joke as EA let people call their team names almost anything, with no attempts to prevent offensive names.

TO be fair, there is an "attempt" to prevent them, but it's through a very easy to circumvent filter.  Plus there's no automatic filter in the world that can stop someone wanting to be a little VL and putting in a HEE-LARE-EE-US name about child abuse or concentration camps.  Not a good look when these slip through into the squads EA choose for squad battles

There’s no automatic filter that will prevent people creating stupid names, but all FIFA needs is a simple in-game report button to show some attempt to eradicate them. Currently, I think your only option is taking a screenshot and sending it to Sony via the PSN while EA will have nothing to do with it.