FIFA 20

TheGoon

2 hours ago, mrpaddyx said:

Are there any differences between a Champions League Rare player and the standard version? I've just packed the blue Griezmann card and his stats look identical to the regular version I already own.

They’re the exact same card, unlike last year when they were +1 across all stats

Edited by Sauzee#4

On 01/12/2019 at 07:01, deej said:

Check your silver players, f**k knows why but this guy is popular

23 hours ago, mrpaddyx said:

The Italian league SBC is out and a lot of the rare silvers are going for max price. 

Might be wrong, but think he's Serie B.  Imagine it's the Italian Advanced SBC they brought out ages ago - a lot of Serie B silvers have been going for mental prices ever since.  Used to make a wee bit of profit on trying to turn those around

EA are clearly having a fucking ball.  They must have made many, many millions over this weekend, and with very little effort.  Think on one lightning round alone they sold out in minutes to the tune of millions.  Now they're trolling hard by offering absolute shite packs in their flash SBCs for the most part, draining people's clubs so that they'll need to spend to complete future SBCs, and be driven towards packs.  They're fucking efficient, I'll give them that.

Decided to do one 81+ upgrade SBC for each league to see what I got.  Was interested in Ligue 1, because their lack of rare golds SHOULD mean you get something good.  Fucking Neymar.  Untradeable, unfortunately, so he's been slotted in.  Did a few more chasing an Mbappe, and got Icardi and Di Maria (an 85 and 86).  It's not a recommendation, as you're more likely to get shite, but it's been not bad for me.  Might splurge a few more coins on doing a few more, see what I get.

28 minutes ago, forameus said:

EA are clearly having a fucking ball.  They must have made many, many millions over this weekend, and with very little effort.  Think on one lightning round alone they sold out in minutes to the tune of millions.  Now they're trolling hard by offering absolute shite packs in their flash SBCs for the most part, draining people's clubs so that they'll need to spend to complete future SBCs, and be driven towards packs.  They're fucking efficient, I'll give them that.

Decided to do one 81+ upgrade SBC for each league to see what I got.  Was interested in Ligue 1, because their lack of rare golds SHOULD mean you get something good.  Fucking Neymar.  Untradeable, unfortunately, so he's been slotted in.  Did a few more chasing an Mbappe, and got Icardi and Di Maria (an 85 and 86).  It's not a recommendation, as you're more likely to get shite, but it's been not bad for me.  Might splurge a few more coins on doing a few more, see what I get.

They don't even need to be clever, folk moan about them rinsing customers, and then instantly bend over for them as soon as a shitey SBC comes out offering one crappy pack. 

I did a few of the SBCs as there's always a chance, but I saved a heap of players for that reason. And I intended on using/doing more, but they were so fantastically shit I didn't bother.

Quite happy with my team atm, maybe could upgrade to IF Walker or Aguero, or longer term - Kante/Van Dijk

image.thumb.png.2511ed76f0e0b93b6d215c8b8e293949.png

image.png.2901898d8e94dabfb7f05e3f73eb561c.png

Any suggestions on improving this? I have 166k available

** Happy to change formation as well as I changed like 4 times over the weekend to try and stop losing

Edited by deej

1 minute ago, deej said:

They don't even need to be clever, folk moan about them rinsing customers, and then instantly bend over for them as soon as a shitey SBC comes out offering one crappy pack. 

I did a few of the SBCs as there's always a chance, but I saved a heap of players for that reason. And I intended on using/doing more, but they were so fantastically shit I didn't bother.

Yeah, it's not some complex algorithm.  They release something, then the same VLs that are up in arms about how awful EA are will be on their knees lapping it all up.  

Worst part for me is combining that with the concept that they have somehow been "scammed".  Like you say, packs are there because there's the chance.  There is never any guarantee that you're going to get anything.  They've never promised anything, and they literally tell you the shitty chances you have.  That's not getting scammed, that's just being fucking stupid.  People really need to take a step back and really realise what it is they're buying/opening.  Ask yourself if you're going to be happy with the worst case scenario.  If not, skip it.  It's really that simple. Complaining about an eventuality that you could have predicted before it happened is so utterly pointless.

14 minutes ago, forameus said:

Yeah, it's not some complex algorithm.  They release something, then the same VLs that are up in arms about how awful EA are will be on their knees lapping it all up.  

Worst part for me is combining that with the concept that they have somehow been "scammed".  Like you say, packs are there because there's the chance.  There is never any guarantee that you're going to get anything.  They've never promised anything, and they literally tell you the shitty chances you have.  That's not getting scammed, that's just being fucking stupid.  People really need to take a step back and really realise what it is they're buying/opening.  Ask yourself if you're going to be happy with the worst case scenario.  If not, skip it.  It's really that simple. Complaining about an eventuality that you could have predicted before it happened is so utterly pointless.

Have a look on reddit for this, the FIFA thread is just idiots moaning about folk not skipping replays, moaning about ea not giving away icons/messi etc for less, and telling each other to take a break if you are getting frustrated, like they're all fucking therapists

When are they going to sort the fucking player changing shite out when defending? And actually make it possible to win a fucking header. And for the penalty taker to stop telling the opponent  where he’s going to place the penalty. And reducing the resilience of agility. 

It’s basically forcing people to sweaty it. Defending and slow build up plays are non existent. 

Oh and it doesn’t take goalkeepers a fortnight to pass the fucking ball to a defender. Whoever is responsible for that deserves to die in a fucking ditch.

For the budget they must have had to make this game, it’s the worst that’s ever been produced. 

Edited by Karpaty Lviv

9 minutes ago, deej said:

Have a look on reddit for this, the FIFA thread is just idiots moaning about folk not skipping replays, moaning about ea not giving away icons/messi etc for less, and telling each other to take a break if you are getting frustrated, like they're all fucking therapists

That subreddit is a simultaneously brilliant and tragic read at times.  

10 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

When are they going to sort the fucking player changing shite out when defending? And actually make it possible to win a fucking header. And for the penalty taker to stop telling the opponent  where he’s going to place the penalty. And reducing the resilience of agility. 

It’s basically forcing people to sweaty it. Defending and slow build up plays are non existent. 

Oh and it doesn’t take goalkeepers a fortnight to pass the fucking ball to a defender. Whoever is responsible for that deserves to die in a fucking ditch.

For the budget they must have had to make this game, it’s the worst that’s ever been produced. 

The goalkeeper short pass is the one for me.  It's now literally impossible to make use of that online, and seemingly offline too, as the AI gets a fucking age to work out what you're trying to do as the keeper stumbles his way towards the ball.

On the subject of complaining.. I did a chunk of squad battles yesterday - Won 6/6 with my Portuguese league team and 4/4 with my Turkish League team. I feel that those complaining about the "grind" to get those icon swaps are actually just not very good at the game.

Obviously the self-relegating issue in Rivals is another issue - one where folk moan about there being no challenges, then when one is put in front of them they shit the bed and take the easy route. FWIW I completed all 12 in round one, was a bit of a grind in Rivals but never got relegated (Div 5)

I got absolutely punted in Rivals trying to complete the latter section of Round 2.  Hefty dose of players that were clearly at a lower level than they should be, then just the usual snowball run of games where you just can't do anything right.

Squad Battles I didn't find too bad.  If you do the games during the week, you're usually golden, but it always seems like things ramp up at the weekends.  Sometimes the AI just gets turned up, and it seems utterly impossible.

End of the day, EA are doing what a lot of people asked for and have given out long-term objectives that you can grind towards.  People then find the quickest straight line to that objective (saw on Reddit that someone did Politano in 3 hours), even if that takes scumming it and ruining it for everyone else, and then go back to complaining.  

2 hours ago, deej said:

Quite happy with my team atm, maybe could upgrade to IF Walker or Aguero, or longer term - Kante/Van Dijk

Any suggestions on improving this? I have 166k available

** Happy to change formation as well as I changed like 4 times over the weekend to try and stop losing

Do you start with a 4-3-3 formation? If you started 4-5-1 you could have Neymar on full chemistry and change in game. Might just be me, but I hate any player not having full chemistry.

Where do you want to improve? You'd be short by 100k but Scream Otamendi is very good and would give you more pace than Laporte.

Do you actually prefer Vardy to Auba, or is that just for the link to Sterling?

Edited by Jaggy Snake

1 minute ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Do you start with a 4-3-3 formation? If you started 4-5-1 you could have Neymar on full chemistry and change in game. Might just be me but I hate any player not having full chemistry.

Where do you want to improve? You'd be short by 100k but Scream Otamendi is very good and would give you more pace than Laporte.

Do you actually prefer Vardy to Auba, or is that just for the link to Sterling?

Good point, can change in game - I prefer full chemistry as well. 

Bit of both for Vardy, he seems more clinical to me, plus its 10 chem. I change pretty regularly though as it feels like if you play the same team repeatedly it goes stale, although I'm pretty sure that's in my head. 

Completed FB Fabregas last night for my Arsenal squad. Off the back of doing Balotelli too, I'm hoping there's no SBC's that interest me for a while as my club has been wiped out.

10 minutes ago, deej said:

Good point, can change in game - I prefer full chemistry as well. 

Bit of both for Vardy, he seems more clinical to me, plus its 10 chem. I change pretty regularly though as it feels like if you play the same team repeatedly it goes stale, although I'm pretty sure that's in my head.

Fair enough, I've not been able to get on with Vardy at all. Love Auba though. I agree rotating teams/players helps to keep it interesting.

Edited by Jaggy Snake