FIFA 20

TheGoon

Only the third WL ive palyed this year and actually enjoyed it for the most part. Got to 14 wins in 20 games but three of te games I lost were a farce with speed up LAG and one guy scoring the same goal from a corner three times. He puts it in I clear it to Lozano who thunders it in the bottom corner. Still not loving it but think ive found a formation and custom tactics that at least lets me enjoy it when im playing well

That Villa SBC is really tempting. Tough to link but I could take Guardiola from the swaps and that should sort it.

The only thing putting me off is all the chat I'm seeing about this being a coin drain before Black Friday and FUTmas. This is my first time in about 3 years back playing Ultimate Team so what is generally involved with them? I don't want to waste all my coins and miss out on something better.

17 wins on weekend league. Pretty chuffed with that, standard for me is 14.

I was on 14 wins with three games remaining, extra time win, scraped win by a single goal. I was thinking there's absolutely no way I'm going to win my final game with the match-making. 

Three up inside 20 mins and a rage quit. Beautiful ending.

I got hee haw from elite 1 squad battles rewards (2 mega packs) not even a board. Welcomed the 30k coins though. Bronze pack method taking me to over 400k. (Obviously selling some other cards too) Godin for example pretty much extinct on the market, and price set at 43.5k.  When I packed him he was worth 20-22k. 

Going to upgrade to rttf Handanovic, as I sold his standard cold card for 36.75k after buying him for 28.5k. I packed Buffon in the mega packs actually so he’s in the sticks the now....

Using this at the moment. Had a couple of random games on rivals last night, clearly came up against someone who was doing the Brazilian icon objective who had relegated himself as I lost 6-0. But the next game I ended up winning 6-0. Going to probably stop at gold 3 and pick the packs. As I don’t really need the coin. 

078C37B4-7CBB-4C92-A4C3-3C799EFB8190.png

I managed to get four of the gold weekly objectives last night with this duff squad 

win rivals with 4 English players

win rivals with five 4* skill players 

Clean sheet rivals win match with a Belgium player 

win rivals march with Italian, Portuguese, Spanish and Dutch player in squad.

Mostly helped with a 3-0 win against someone who was unbelievable worse than me! 

C8133F1D-B193-4989-A293-E9E386C68B7B.png

I got hee haw from elite 1 squad battles rewards (2 mega packs) not even a board. Welcomed the 30k coins though. Bronze pack method taking me to over 400k. (Obviously selling some other cards too) Godin for example pretty much extinct on the market, and price set at 43.5k.  When I packed him he was worth 20-22k. 

Going to upgrade to rttf Handanovic, as I sold his standard cold card for 36.75k after buying him for 28.5k. I packed Buffon in the mega packs actually so he’s in the sticks the now....

Using this at the moment. Had a couple of random games on rivals last night, clearly came up against someone who was doing the Brazilian icon objective who had relegated himself as I lost 6-0. But the next game I ended up winning 6-0. Going to probably stop at gold 3 and pick the packs. As I don’t really need the coin. 

078C37B4-7CBB-4C92-A4C3-3C799EFB8190.thumb.png.4f8ef06358ba10b4faecec61b7433b1f.png

If you play Mertens as a deadeye at CAM instead of a hunter, his card is a 92 compared to the 88 with a hunter with the stats boost. Found this out last night and applied different cards to most of my players after finding this out.

Edit: only singling out Mertens as I have him and noticed the difference when applying said card.

IMG_0655.thumb.jpg.9d595d2d9c5bab0b47375b842515440c.jpgIMG_0656.thumb.jpg.426013bea7a7b02172dc51389d1f1509.jpg

40 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:

Anyone tried Villa ? I'm tempted to sound 250k on him but no sure.

He looks very decent, they’ve also fixed giving these EOE/Flashback cards shite stamina so he’ll be useable in game. Looks very expensive for an untradeable card in a shite league so that’s put me off tbh.

If I didn't have a couple of icons that can make him fit I wouldn't do it either. He does look very good though. You wont find another 90 rated striker with those attributes for 250k. I have Son and I'm thinking Villa must be better.

Anyone tried Villa ? I'm tempted to sound 250k on him but no sure.
I got him and have used him in around 20 games.

His record for me is excellent and has 10 chemistry with Guardiola at CAM in a 451 (I change formation as soon as I start the game so Guardiola goes to CDM). I also bought Griezmann to play as CAM and he has an excellent record for me so far.

He is very good but I can't help but feel the Griezmann and Villa combo still doesn't feel as good as Insigne and Mertens. That's me now tried Lacazette/Aubameyang and Griezmann/Villa and I still think Insigne/Mertens feel far better to play with. They just feel so much smoother and more nimble than anyone else I've used.

If you have a fair few untradable high rated cards he's probably worth it but I certainly wouldn't be going and blasting 200 odd thousand on him.

Thanks mate. I think I'll avoid tbh. I have tried many combinations but my favourite is Dembele behind Son and the Crespo I have. I like to have to 2 out of the 3 being really fast and the other one to be relatively tall,good finisher etc.

Tbh, I didn't think the Serie A attackers were that great. Mertens is probably about the best, never liked Insigne, I preferred Gomez when I had a Serie A squad.