FIFA 20

TheGoon

3 hours ago, AUFC90 said:

Anybody tried baby Carlos or Crespo ? No sure who to pick for icon swaps.

I have Roberto Carlos. proved to be a great decision for me as his Pace stops so many attacks and going forward he can be useful.

decided to go again with Weekend League and had the best start ever 9 wins 3 loses. The patch getting rid of "drop back" seems to have screwed a large amount of people so far.

1 hour ago, JamieStevenson said:

That'll take quite a number of games. 

It will, but it doesn't seem as bad as it could.  Stock up on Serie A forwards and do everything you can just to score in games, even if you concede.  I expect for the next week or so it's just going to be Kevin Keegan style Serie A shenanigans, goals goals goals.

For most of the teams I'm pretty well setup.  The bigger ones should get covered by the players I usually use - SMS, Lukaku, Lozano, Costa, Naingolan...they should pretty easily get goals.  Then just swap out forwards.  Some of the smaller clubs are going to get hairy, but shouldn't need to buy any players.

After getting some decent coinage for Robertson I’m in the market for a new RB. The scream version of Trippier looks like he might fit in nicely in my Spanish team and at 70k doesn’t look too bad. Has anyone used this card or have any thought on it? 
Semedo is yer man (unless you have his LB card), although I do agree that Trippier card looks very decent.

On 01/11/2019 at 22:28, forameus said:

It will, but it doesn't seem as bad as it could.  Stock up on Serie A forwards and do everything you can just to score in games, even if you concede.  I expect for the next week or so it's just going to be Kevin Keegan style Serie A shenanigans, goals goals goals.

For most of the teams I'm pretty well setup.  The bigger ones should get covered by the players I usually use - SMS, Lukaku, Lozano, Costa, Naingolan...they should pretty easily get goals.  Then just swap out forwards.  Some of the smaller clubs are going to get hairy, but shouldn't need to buy any players.

Finished it in 25 games. It got ropey towards the end as the team kept getting weaker and weaker. Doing this also got me demoted twice 😂.

I finally managed to get up to 11 swap icons (i've no chance of 12 as I haven't played any WL). It was a bit of a struggle with the French team but I got their in the end. Next goal is to complete the season XP challenges. I currently need around 8500 xp to get to 100,000, so should hopefully be able to do it this week before the new season.

On 27/10/2019 at 23:23, Mayos Noun said:

Finished on 17 wins. Stopped there with 8 to spare. Simply cannot enjoy this game, even when winning. 

I am still holding onto my coins before I build my team and using a cheapish team. However this team has been the most enjoyable of the 10+ teams I’ve used so far. 

F28DB515-CFC9-410D-8C75-4B1DC711D3AA.jpeg

Genuinely just interested to know, and you don’t need to tell me if you don’t want to,  but how much real money has been spent on that team to class it as cheapish?

In my experience those scream cards are as rare as hens teeth, and that’s an excellent team if you have been able to put it together on the cheap. It may just be that I have ridiculously bad pack luck and others have been slightly more lucky, but I’m starting to think these Youtubers that are pulling Messis and Ronaldos every other day are on the EA payroll, it would make sense for them to showcase to a wide audience that these cards are achievable when the reality is that the chances of packing one are horrifically slim  

On 01/11/2019 at 10:41, forameus said:

So I got market banned on the companion and web app...

I've been looking into coding something that goes in and just places bids.  Nothing I couldn't do on the web app, but something that avoids me navigating through their shitty app repeatedly.  I've always stayed away from any kind of autobuyer stuff because it's a massive advantage, and, as I suspected, very against the rules.  Outside of that I use something to get all the players in my club, because, again, EA's tools for looking at your club are hilariously shit.

After not touching the app for most of the day, I get an email saying I'm punted, but can still use the market on the main app.  Expect I'm going to get nowhere but firing into support now to see if I can argue my case.  Seems a bit shit to get zero warning and then just a ban when I don't think I've really done that much wrong compared to the bots which still plague the market.

If it sticks, will certainly lead to me playing the game far less.

How much time do you have on your hands that you are able to put together ‘code’ for placing bids on footballers cards, in a basically worthless market, and going to the trouble of getting banned for it?

There are much more profitable and worthwhile places you could be using that talent, if you are experienced in that sort of thing. There is people out there who pay good money to people who can build bots for things like Betfair etc.  

2 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

How much time do you have on your hands that you are able to put together ‘code’ for placing bids on footballers cards, in a basically worthless market, and going to the trouble of getting banned for it?

There are much more profitable and worthwhile places you could be using that talent, if you are experienced in that sort of thing. There is people out there who pay good money to people who can build bots for things like Betfair etc.  

You're really overestimating both how hard it is, and how intelligent it is.  People have already done most of the hard work in getting together things that allow you to access parts of your club - the bits on top were probably, what, 30 minutes of pissing about and seeing what it could do?

I'm alright for employment in a similar area though, cheers.

Completed the Marquee Matchups yesterday with mostly players from my club, then had reward packs after 12 to open. Best I got from 6 packs in total was Godin. Going for around 20k but I think I’ll keep him in my team actually, fits in nicely with de ligt and handanovic. 

Also packed TOTW Sels, and saw that twice he went for over 60k last night so immediately put him up for sale. But no luck, and looks like he’s going for just over discard price today. Shame. 

40 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Also packed TOTW Sels, and saw that twice he went for over 60k last night so immediately put him up for sale. But no luck, and looks like he’s going for just over discard price today. Shame. 

Don't think he ever went for 60k. Probably people looking to either trade coins from a different account or looking for a lazy buyer to buy it. 

45 minutes ago, CEMSFC said:

Don't think he ever went for 60k. Probably people looking to either trade coins from a different account or looking for a lazy buyer to buy it. 

Ah yeah that’s maybe what it was then...

I’ll keep him in any case. Price will prob rise in the coming weeks. 

I have Roberto Carlos. proved to be a great decision for me as his Pace stops so many attacks and going forward he can be useful.

decided to go again with Weekend League and had the best start ever 9 wins 3 loses. The patch getting rid of "drop back" seems to have screwed a large amount of people so far.
Cheers. I might take him then. Going to wait and see how hard the next set of challenges are. If there's a few easy ones I think I'll try get Ferdinand.