FIFA 20

TheGoon

Never got into Ultimate Team so I only ever play career mode.  Didn't get last years game and still play my Fifa 18 career mode which is great fun.

Was all set to get the new one yesterday but reading how shambolic it is changed my mind. Surely the most basic thing they can do is get the right players at the right teams?  An absolute piss-take that they haven't bothered to update that.  Greedy and not good enough.

1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

Never got into Ultimate Team so I only ever play career mode.  Didn't get last years game and still play my Fifa 18 career mode which is great fun.

Was all set to get the new one yesterday but reading how shambolic it is changed my mind. Surely the most basic thing they can do is get the right players at the right teams?  An absolute piss-take that they haven't bothered to update that.  Greedy and not good enough.

Theyve apparently updated the squads, and kits, this morning but I've not been able to check it myself. European Competitions are up to date as well now.

Rest of the career mode issues remain as far as I know.

Almost the exact same as me, only I've been bored of 18's easiness for a while now so really wanted this to be good.

51 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Haven't enjoyed a win more than this. The state of that name. IMG_20191002_224053.jpeg

Last year I scored a last minute overhead kick equaliser against a Rangers fan with Henrik Larsen. I could feel the seethe as I over celebrated in front of a camera ha ha 

Back to FIFA this year after a couple of years playing PES and I’m finding it extremely difficult. Been getting humped in skill level as low as professional and absolutely destroyed online.

14 hours ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Haven't enjoyed a win more than this. The state of that name. IMG_20191002_224053.jpeg

Honestly some of the team names are the worst part of the game. Absolute Lads with “she was only 1X” “Adam Johnston 1X” and other pure banter names. The usual Celtic and Rangers ones as well. 

Reworked my team a little and pretty happy with it at the moment.  Trying to recreate the glory days of 19 by having two big b*****ds up front, with someone nippy in behind.  Insigne was brilliant for that in 19, and now that he's a central card, I've been really impressed with him so far.  Lukaku is brilliant too, absolute monster.  I did have Zapata alongside him, hoping to just bully defenders into submission, but was quite disappointed with him.  Will stick with Immobile, as unless you go for someone like Mertens (130k I think) or Ronaldo (lol) then you're not going to get much better going full Serie A.

Chemistry is a bit annoying at the moment though - I packed both Havertz and Rashford untradeable, and they've been incredible when I've used them.  Havertz will come on when Insigne gets tuckered out, but Rashford really is brilliant.  Not sure if he's overrated or just the correct combination of attributes, but he's unstoppable.

Looking to replace Rugani, then maybe Pjanic in the middle.  If I pack someone decent I'll either push for Mertens or start saving up towards the biggest of all the big b*****ds, Alan Shearer.

image.thumb.png.404b39eef22d062aa57313890d7da6af.png

image.png.45d5b1597c37c9003c544d7a7994909e.png

5 minutes ago, forameus said:

Reworked my team a little and pretty happy with it at the moment.  Trying to recreate the glory days of 19 by having two big b*****ds up front, with someone nippy in behind.  Insigne was brilliant for that in 19, and now that he's a central card, I've been really impressed with him so far.  Lukaku is brilliant too, absolute monster.  I did have Zapata alongside him, hoping to just bully defenders into submission, but was quite disappointed with him.  Will stick with Immobile, as unless you go for someone like Mertens (130k I think) or Ronaldo (lol) then you're not going to get much better going full Serie A.

Chemistry is a bit annoying at the moment though - I packed both Havertz and Rashford untradeable, and they've been incredible when I've used them.  Havertz will come on when Insigne gets tuckered out, but Rashford really is brilliant.  Not sure if he's overrated or just the correct combination of attributes, but he's unstoppable.

Looking to replace Rugani, then maybe Pjanic in the middle.  If I pack someone decent I'll either push for Mertens or start saving up towards the biggest of all the big b*****ds, Alan Shearer.

image.thumb.png.404b39eef22d062aa57313890d7da6af.png

image.png.45d5b1597c37c9003c544d7a7994909e.png

Go for Skriniar to replace Rugani hes an absolute beast at CB. Him and Godin have been brilliant for me. 

Since the patch ive been much better, not had that much time to play itbut will try batter it this weekend and get the points to play weekend league next week

Just now, YHallSaint said:

Go for Skriniar to replace Rugani hes an absolute beast at CB. Him and Godin have been brilliant for me. 

Since the patch ive been much better, not had that much time to play itbut will try batter it this weekend and get the points to play weekend league next week

I was tempted by the OTW De Ligt, but not sure if he's worth the 50k+ he'll cost me.  Skriniar is a decent mid upgrade, particularly as I don't want to spunk away all my coins right away.  My only worry is playing 3 at the back means that the two wide players get dragged out of position a lot.  Do like them to have a bit of pace, but the way pace is in 20 I'm not sure you'll ever get anyone quick enough to keep up.

Shout out to Szczesny by the way.  I loved him in 19, and since I've got him a lot of the issues with keepers spilling the ball got a lot better.  Buffon was a liability before him, but like Woejack is great.

32 minutes ago, forameus said:

I was tempted by the OTW De Ligt, but not sure if he's worth the 50k+ he'll cost me.  Skriniar is a decent mid upgrade, particularly as I don't want to spunk away all my coins right away.  My only worry is playing 3 at the back means that the two wide players get dragged out of position a lot.  Do like them to have a bit of pace, but the way pace is in 20 I'm not sure you'll ever get anyone quick enough to keep up.

Shout out to Szczesny by the way.  I loved him in 19, and since I've got him a lot of the issues with keepers spilling the ball got a lot better.  Buffon was a liability before him, but like Woejack is great.

Ive got Szcesny as well and noticed a major upgrade from Perrin who I was using. If you put a Shadow on Skriniar he keeps up with quick players. I had NOrmal De Ligt but preferred Skriniar. Hopefully get a couple IF's from serie A as I feel I need a better CM and second striker although Lautaro Martinez is surprisingly good for a 81

28 minutes ago, YHallSaint said:

Ive got Szcesny as well and noticed a major upgrade from Perrin who I was using. If you put a Shadow on Skriniar he keeps up with quick players. I had NOrmal De Ligt but preferred Skriniar. Hopefully get a couple IF's from serie A as I feel I need a better CM and second striker although Lautaro Martinez is surprisingly good for a 81

Martinez was very good at the start.  I think Immobile is still pretty cheap for an 86, and Belotti continues to play way above his 82.  CM, I've had decent results with Ramsey and Rabiot, not sure what price they're sitting at.  

I know it's quite common here but this is my first time using a Serie A team in FUT, so it's nice to have a pile of players I haven't previously used.

Loving Gomez at the moment, he just gets everywhere and links with the forwards so well.

IF Brozovic is a decent all-rounder at CM - better than Pjanic anyway, who goes missing in most games.

Unsure whether to make my next grade Insigne, Koulibaly or just hold out a while longer for a cheap icon.

Screenshot_20191004-112602.png

Edited by Jaggy Snake