FIFA 20

TheGoon

Bought this tonight, planning to play career mode to get used to it before going online.

Shame that theyve not bothered to update the squads with the Summer transfers yet :lol: EA are lucky as f**k PES is just as much of a disaster.

Going through the same journey that I go through every year. 

Get excited to play it, play online, get pumped in every game because I can't seem to defend, never play it again. f**k sake :lol:

Packed Bruno Fernandes, which is the best yet by far for me. Seems to sell for around 8k so I'm just going to keep him and bring him off the bench when its needed. 

20190929_002900.thumb.jpg.be60a3bb26260b29093ff428ad632c92.jpg

Luis Alberto is my boy, 5 goals from 7 games so far. A lot to improve on so not too unhappy. Won 4 games so far, but that includes the 5 you play at the start. Into Division 5 and won 1, drew 1, which is alright by my standards.

12 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Bought this tonight, planning to play career mode to get used to it before going online.

Shame that theyve not bothered to update the squads with the Summer transfers yet :lol: EA are lucky as f**k PES is just as much of a disaster.

Theyve not even acknowledged this issue, and it's not expected to be fixed until the middle of the week. 

I repeat, they havent updated offline squads, despite doing all the transfers for UT, and havent even updated the European Competitions, for the new season. You make a transfer for a player in career mode, and he doesn't sign before your next game, he just stands in the middle of the pitch. Teams are playing their reserves for no reason. EPL career modes are seeing Man City relegated in season one due to playing reserves so often. Theres apparently around 5 different questions you get asked in press conferences which just repeat endlessly.

Volta and Ultimate Team have had issue that were sorted with 25 hours of being reported. Career mode had these bugs since the demo LAST YEAR and theyve still not been fixed.

This is the last year I'm buying FIFA, I got bored of UT after a few months last time around and it's just pure habit that's made me buy it this time. When the gameplay inevitably turns to shite again after the patches that'll be me done, as offline play just doesnt keep you interested anymore, I cant justify £50 to play UT for a couple of months. As it is, the gameplay is already a complete slog and isnt close to enjoyable.

Will give PES a go, but think I'll just go for FM every year from now. If anyone is in here deciding whether to buy it or not, dont bother unless you're a 12yo kid who spends hundreds of your actual pounds on UT, it's absolutely shite and they dont give a shit about you.

Edited by RandomGuy.

15 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

How the f**k do these new penalties work?

Add it to the list of things theyve fucked up, free kicks are as bad.

Metacritic published a "worst ever" list of PS4 games by user score back in January. The worst was The Quiet Man, which has a 2.1 score from 125 reviews.

FIFA 20 currently sits at 1.5 after 373.

I dont think they understand how many people they're forcing away. Been confirmed they dont have any dedicated staff for Career Mode anymore. All dedicated staff go to UT and Volta.

27 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Metacritic published a "worst ever" list of PS4 games by user score back in January. The worst was The Quiet Man, which has a 2.1 score from 125 reviews.

I dont think they understand how many people they're forcing away. Been confirmed they dont have any dedicated staff for Career Mode anymore. All dedicated staff go to UT and Volta.

I haven't touched career mode in years as the same old shit ever year. (could argue the same about the game as a whole but lets not go there).

2 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

I haven't touched career mode in years as the same old shit ever year. (could argue the same about the game as a whole but lets not go there).

It's worse than ever. European Competitions just stop after two seasons aswell.

I tried a Southampton save this morning, first game against Liverpool. Only player I recognised in their line up was Ryan Kent :lol:

Absolutely fucking no chance I'm giving them the satisfaction of seeing me playing UT,  as it's so fucking obvious the whole premise here is to force people to play it since its literally the only mode that's playable. Their next patch is listed as being an interface for UT, Career mode has the same issues it had in the beta.

This is it for me and FIFA, after 20 years.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

It's worse than ever. European Competitions just stop after two seasons aswell.

I tried a Southampton save this morning, first game against Liverpool. Only player I recognised in their line up was Ryan Kent :lol:

Absolutely fucking no chance I'm giving them the satisfaction of seeing me playing UT,  as it's so fucking obvious the whole premise here is to force people to play it since its literally the only mode that's playable. Their next patch is listed as being an interface for UT, Career mode has the same issues it had in the beta.

This is it for me and FIFA, after 20 years.

Yeah, I  read elsewhere that all the big teams just play their reserve players endlessly. I'll keep at it, nothing more satisfiying that beating someone on UT that has clearly blown a wad on packets but is shite at the game.

10 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

Yeah, I  read elsewhere that all the big teams just play their reserve players endlessly. 

They do, yes. A majority of career mode youtubers are seeing Liverpool and Man City finish in the bottom half in the first season, one seen City finish 19th.

Its sickening.

Sorry for spamming, this'll be my last post on it.

A now deleted post from what was apparently an EA staff member says it's going to be 2 months until Career mode is in a playable state.

15 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm always very, very wary of metacritic in general, but when it comes to user reviews it's hard to take any seriously.  Fair enough if you get a user review that looks like they're actually making points, but you get people saying stuff like "character shirt was wrong colour" and giving zero out of ten, then someone coming along and saying how that's unfair, so they'll give ten in return to balance it out.

A few people do seem to be up in arms about the other modes, but I find it hard to really understand why.  Sure, the modes are absolute cack (I played 20 seconds of Volta when it tried to force me to when I first booted up the game, haven't touched it since, but sounds like it's a mess), but to be honest it's hard to criticise EA from a purely business and profit standpoint.  FUT stands to make them billions and billions in microtransactions, so they'd be mental not to be putting most of their focus there.  But of course not having at least some staff leaving the rest ticking over is a bit poor.  Best chance for other modes remains EA putting cosmetic microtransactions in.  Once that happens, I expect you'll see them concentrating a bit more on it.