FIFA 20

TheGoon

You b*****d.

But then I was that b*****d on 19 a few times, so fair enough.  What I would say, from experience of packing some really high-value cards, is that those coins are often worth far more than sitting in a player.  I packed Prime Maldini fairly early in 19, and played a lot of games with him.  I never understood people saying I should sell him, here I had comfortably the best player I have ever and probably would ever get, and he was brilliant.  Why would I sell? Truth is though, if you sell that player, that money can go into the rest of the team, and suddenly you're far better than just that one player.

I could have sold Maldini for 2.2m when I packed him.  He eventually went for 1.6m I believe.  That pretty much set me for the rest of the game, letting me buy Icons to try without too much fear, and just generally reinvest in SBC players that would stay for the rest of the game.  I'd always advise to sell, unless you think the price is going to go up (it likely will in the next few weeks)

4 minutes ago, forameus said:

You b*****d.

But then I was that b*****d on 19 a few times, so fair enough.  What I would say, from experience of packing some really high-value cards, is that those coins are often worth far more than sitting in a player.  I packed Prime Maldini fairly early in 19, and played a lot of games with him.  I never understood people saying I should sell him, here I had comfortably the best player I have ever and probably would ever get, and he was brilliant.  Why would I sell? Truth is though, if you sell that player, that money can go into the rest of the team, and suddenly you're far better than just that one player.

I could have sold Maldini for 2.2m when I packed him.  He eventually went for 1.6m I believe.  That pretty much set me for the rest of the game, letting me buy Icons to try without too much fear, and just generally reinvest in SBC players that would stay for the rest of the game.  I'd always advise to sell, unless you think the price is going to go up (it likely will in the next few weeks)

Aye a think his price will rise a bit. Going to sell Pique who I got the pack after Messi when I get home tonight leaving me with around 60k to build a team around Messi for the time being.

8 minutes ago, Mallo_Madrid said:

That's some card to get early on.

I packed Williams and TOTW Maddison from the Nations SBC. Got me over 50K.

Will Maddison card rise over the weekend, he currently going for about £20k, I could afford to buy three of them sell them on.

Won't rise over the weekend I don't think, but might be a shout to hold onto him long term then see what he gets up to.

1 minute ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Won't rise over the weekend I don't think, but might be a shout to hold onto him long term then see what he gets up to.

I think I'll use the coins to crack on with the Hybrid Nations.

I'm pretty content with my squad for the time being, might get lucky on the SBC.

Played a few friendlies last night. I enjoyed King of the Hill, as there's actually some skill to building up the multiplier yourself, and finding the balance between trying to score and maxing out the multiplier.

Then tried Mystery Ball which was utter pish. You can kick off with an utterly useless passing boost then if the ball goes out of play your opponent could resumse with a pace/dribbling/shooting boost which all make a massive difference.

The goal multiplier is also completely irractic so one goal against you might count as 3, then your "equaliser" a minute later only counts as one. In King of the Hill it works as you control/earn the multiplier but Mystery Ball's use of it is just a mess. Won a game 23-22 after extra time, with 3 red cards in the game, and took no enjoyment from it.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

9 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Took me like 30k last night or something along those lines.  That in-form you've got looks like he'd be class.

Probably half that for me, I packed what I spent during the individuals SBC anyway.

From the final rewards I packed Gundogan, Tolisso, David Luiz, Vlasic (totw) so its been definitely profitable. I should get up to about 80-85k coins.

I've not had a chance to play with Thuram, cracking stats for an 81 rated card. I'll get a few games with him tonight

8 hours ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Played a few friendlies last night. I enjoyed King of the Hill, as there's actually some skill to building up the multiplier yourself, and finding the balance between trying to score and maxing out the multiplier.

Then tried Mystery Ball which was utter pish. You can kick off with an utterly useless passing boost then if the ball goes out of play your opponent could resumse with a pace/dribbling/shooting boost which all make a massive difference.

The goal multiplier is also completely irractic so one goal against you might count as 3, then your "equaliser" a minute later only counts as one. In King of the Hill it works as you control/earn the multiplier but Mystery Ball's use of it is just a mess. Won a game 23-22 after extra time, with 3 red cards in the game, and took no enjoyment from it.

Mystery Ball is fun but the pace boost is just far to OP. You can literally glide through the other team and score at will.

Have to agree on mystery ball.  For about 2 minutes it seemed like a great addition, something to add a bit of fun to the game.  But it got old faaaaaaaast.  I think if you're doing couch play or playing with someone you know, it might be a bit different, but playing against a random online was utterly joyless.  Just like your standard online FIFA game with sweaty play, but with the addition of essentially being unable to stop anyone with any boost other than passing.

They could have made it so much better though.  Put more random boosts in.  Put in buffs.  Square ball.  Medicine ball.  Bouncy ball.  Flyaway ball.  Anything really other than just seeing who got pace/shooting boosts more often.  If you're going to go random, go baws oot.

King of the Hill is a bit better though, that works as a standalone mode, actually needing some strategy rather than random chance.  Survival was the most disappointing for me.  Played a couple of games, and given both teams were utter shite, think we both ended up with 10 a side.  If you're matching up quite well with an opponent, then the gimmick won't really make much difference as you'll either never lose players, or lose them pretty much in line with each other.  Even if you get someone better than you, by design it'll just see you able to catch up with the extra players, then probably get pummeled once you do.  

9 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Is this usually easy enough to pick up in a supermarket today or is it usually sold out for a while? Didn't remember to order online this year and not purchased a game in store for years.

Its still available online but cant imagine it selling out anymore in stores, think most people order all their game online now

24 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Is this usually easy enough to pick up in a supermarket today or is it usually sold out for a while? Didn't remember to order online this year and not purchased a game in store for years.

I’m pretty sure any ASDA or Tesco (or even Game) will have plenty of copies.