FIFA 20

TheGoon

Really enjoying the demo. 
Volta seems utter pish as anticipated though.

Agree, Volta is pish.

I’ve only played one game and played on Legendary but found the CPU would intercept 95% of my through balls. Enjoyed it though.

Has anybody had any bother with this game? 

When I downloaded it it asked me to change my EA password as it was weak, so I did. I now can't play any EA game other than this fucking demo. 

Edit : just deleted all the saved data and reinstalled, still won't let me nor link me to where to go. f**k EA, f**k Fifa. I'm out this year. 

Edited by Dele

When playing Volta on the demo, the clip before the match is longer than the match itself.

I skipped 19 so can definitely notice a difference from 18: it's harder, slower, you have to think a bit more and games almost resemble proper matches... almost.

Career mode is all I play and while the big features are a bit meh, some of the minor changes should make it a better experience. Easier said than done though.

8 hours ago, accies1874 said:

I skipped 19 so can definitely notice a difference from 18: it's harder, slower, you have to think a bit more and games almost resemble proper matches... almost.

The demo was the same last year. Itll change once everyone starts complaining about it and threatening to ditch UT.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

The demo was the same last year. Itll change once everyone starts complaining about it and threatening to ditch UT.

Yup.  It seems like EA are quite brave in the lead up to release, putting in real changes into how the game plays.  Then the more unbalanced elements of the community bitch and moan about it, and EA shit themselves and put it back to normal.

Haven't had a chance to touch the demo yet.  To be honest though, not sure I'm that bothered to.  I've preordered the game, so that won't change, and not sure how much you can really learn from playing short games against the AI.

The new set up for icons in FUT sounds pretty horrible. They're basically replacing FUT Swaps with Icon Swaps, which is fair enough, except they're also removing traditional icon SBC's (where you exchange x number of high rated squads for a specific icon).

Pitch notes: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/fifa/fifa-20/news/pitch-notes-fut20-icons

Edited by Jaggy Snake

13 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

The new set up for icons in FUT sounds pretty horrible. They're basically replacing FUT Swaps with Icon Swaps, which is fair enough, except they're also removing traditional icon SBC's (where you exchange x number of high rated squads for a specific icon).

Pitch notes: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/fifa/fifa-20/news/pitch-notes-fut20-icons

I saw Icon Swaps on Reddit yesterday but wasn't aware they were replacing SBCs.  That's...dog shit.

Actually, read the article, and...meh.  It seems like they're making good changes on one hand, then fucking it over with the other.  "We didn't like that having Icon requirements in the SBCs fixed the value of lower icons, so we've taken away the SBC itself".  There will be Icon SBCs, but it looks like it'll be the lucky dip grab bag style, where you get any of them (so probably the worst one).  Losing the specific ones is bad news, as it takes away a lot of what made that middle part of the game fun.  I guess it all depends how likely you are to pack an Icon, given that now seems to be the best avenue towards getting them.  Given the theory is that pack odds are quite tied to market value, it would follow that it might get a little more likely.  Still though, gutter.

1 hour ago, Jaggy Snake said:

It doesnt sound great. It kind of kills the bronze pack method as well as doing the Bronze and Silver player squads in the Icon SBC was a great way to get some of the silvers for the league SBC's fairly cheaply 

5 minutes ago, YHallSaint said:

It doesnt sound great. It kind of kills the bronze pack method as well as doing the Bronze and Silver player squads in the Icon SBC was a great way to get some of the silvers for the league SBC's fairly cheaply 

You'll still be able to make profit with BPM but those upgrade sections in each icon SBC were good.

I can only assume they must have more planned as it will also kill any "value" high rated untradeables have. Loads of times when you complete a player SBC (especially a cheap one, eg Iniesta last year) it was on the basis of if the player turns out to be rubbish you can just chuck them into an icon SBC later. Unless they add a new kind of SBC everyone will just become saturated with high-rated useless players of no value.

On 11/08/2019 at 01:10, IrishBhoy said:

Not having a go, but why does Futsal need exposure in this country? I’m sure most people are aware of it it’s just not that good. 

I disagree, it's a great game & I don't think enough people in this country know about it.