Sign in to follow this  
G_Man1985

SKY and BT TV deals.

13 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

quick question,asking for a work colleague-if she cancels her sky sub(shes had it for more than the initial 12 months),shell still be able to get freeview via her satellite dish and decoder,aye?

I don't think it works now. 

Used to work in sky’s retention centre a good few years ago what a horrible job that was. Anyway they won’t give you a discount if you threaten to leave they’ll just hit you with “oh but Chernobyl is great! Will you not miss Game of thrones etc.” You need to actually cancel it down then you’ll get a ‘winback’ offer as others have mentioned.

FWIW Virgin media are much easier to deal with imo and unlike sky will actually try and cut you a deal if you say you are thinking of leaving.

BT have always offered me a deal when I've phoned them up just as my contract was about to end, haven't always threatened to leave eithet. ATM I'm paying 50 a month for the top tv/broadband packages, weekend calls & bt sport & hd channels. Which is a pretty good deal.

I always go onto the online chat first and spin a line about how I just got this offer from Sky etc and what would the process be for leaving BT. Because the online folk are obviously from abroad I don't think they're authorised to deal with that so they pass it on the relevant department and they call you up to talk about it. Better than waiting an hour on the phone to get through to them.

I've also got an 'alternative' provider but I guess that kind of stuff is frowned upon here

BT have always offered me a deal when I've phoned them up just as my contract was about to end, haven't always threatened to leave eithet. ATM I'm paying 50 a month for the top tv/broadband packages, weekend calls & bt sport & hd channels. Which is a pretty good deal.

I always go onto the online chat first and spin a line about how I just got this offer from Sky etc and what would the process be for leaving BT. Because the online folk are obviously from abroad I don't think they're authorised to deal with that so they pass it on the relevant department and they call you up to talk about it. Better than waiting an hour on the phone to get through to them.

I've also got an 'alternative' provider but I guess that kind of stuff is frowned upon here
I thought all work was brought back to the UK.
The deal you have is what I have just gotten from BT. Sky sports will have to source

On 06/06/2019 at 20:42, highlandcowden said:

quick question,asking for a work colleague-if she cancels her sky sub(shes had it for more than the initial 12 months),shell still be able to get freeview via her satellite dish and decoder,aye?

Been doing this for 3 years as it works fine for me.