Sign in to follow this  
G_Man1985

SKY and BT TV deals.

Ideally I'm looking for a good deal but hoping in the long term this thread will be of use to many others who are looking for good deals.

The now i have a basic package for sky at 80 odd and pay 22 for bt sport.

Surely I can do better than this but unsure which company to go with

Ideally I'm looking for a good deal but hoping in the long term this thread will be of use to many others who are looking for good deals.

Virgin media for me. 65, with the plus package, including bt sport.

Not bad, but it creeps up if you don't keep an eye and then threaten to leave them.

I threatened to leave and pretty much it didn't work. So going to try see what is best but also worth while

I threatened to leave and pretty much it didn't work. So going to try see what is best but also worth while
It never get works with me in until I actually leave, and then a couple of days later I get a call back from them.

Probably best going for SKY as they'll have exclusive SPFL rights from 2020. Not that yous will have to worry about that mind ;) 

You need to actually leave. I did it last month then got entertainment package, box sets, kids, movies, super fast fibre, new router and line rental for 52 quid a month for 18 months. I could maybe have got more out of them but I'm happy with that.

I have BT with BT Sport for 36 a month. I buy a week's pass from Now TV if there's stuff I want to see on Sky Sports (though you don't get the red button) - I've probably only done that half a dozen times in the last year.

1 hour ago, bendan said:

I have BT with BT Sport for 36 a month. I buy a week's pass from Now TV if there's stuff I want to see on Sky Sports (though you don't get the red button) - I've probably only done that half a dozen times in the last year.

This is the way to go, especially if Sky Sports exclusive rights to the SPFL after 2020 is just Rangers/Celtic TV.

We binned Sky last year, wasn't using the sport or movie channels much anyway. Got a few 'come back to sky' emails and we ended up getting reconnected to a basic package (Includes Sky Atlantic) for about £14 a month on our old Sky HD box (12 month contract I think) 

Will keep BT Vision as it's all linked to our internet, but will look at maybe binning BT Sport once the Scottish fitba coverage ends and doing the Now TV stuff when a Hearts game is on Sky.

15 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

This is the way to go, especially if Sky Sports exclusive rights to the SPFL after 2020 is just Rangers/Celtic TV.

Yes, with it going down to just 48 live games a season there's not going to be much I'd like to see. I tend to buy a Now TV pass for the Scotland games. Fortunately, they're generally now doing two games in four days, so if you time the weekly pass right you can get almost a week of various international games and squeeze in some club football too.

I'll probably bin BT when they drop Scottish football, though I do like having the European games - I seem to watch quite a few.

Edited by bendan

2 minutes ago, bendan said:

Yes, with it going down to just 48 live games a season there's not going to be much I'd like to see. I tend to buy a Now TV pass for the Scotland games. Fortunately, they're generally now doing two games in four days, so if you time the weekly pass right you can get almost a week of various international games and squeeze in some club football too.

I'll probably bin BT when they drop Scottish football, though I do like having the European games - I seem to watch quite a few.

If they get Serie A back, and keep the Ligue 1 games, I'll more than likely keep BT.

I have now tv sports mobile pass £5.99 a month. Also get Bt sport app free with internet. Can only watch games on your phone but fine for me. Then record highlights on bbc to watch later.

I recently got a deal with Sky Entertainment, Sport, Movies, Broadband for £65 per month. (I hardly watch the movies but such was the deal it actually pushed my monthly cost up when I tried to remove them).

Only get BT Sport through my mobile with my EE contract but as I'm not with them for Broadband they won't let me cast to the TV.

Guest Moomintroll
I recently got a deal with Sky Entertainment, Sport, Movies, Broadband for £65 per month. (I hardly watch the movies but such was the deal it actually pushed my monthly cost up when I tried to remove them).
Only get BT Sport through my mobile with my EE contract but as I'm not with them for Broadband they won't let me cast to the TV.
Really? I have an EE contract for exactly that reason, use Sky for Broadband but Smartcast loads of content onto my TV. It might be down to having a Samsung Smart TV & a Samsung phone though that I get round that.

2 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
34 minutes ago, List_of_Jericho said:

Really? I have an EE contract for exactly that reason, use Sky for Broadband but Smartcast loads of content onto my TV. It might be down to having a Samsung Smart TV & a Samsung phone though that I get round that.

I've got a Samsung phone but not Samsung tv. I'll maybe have a look into it and see if there's anything I can do.

Guest Moomintroll
I've got a Samsung phone but not Samsung tv. I'll maybe have a look into it and see if there's anything I can do.
Give it a shot, I know I am paying for it somewhere in my contract but I get a similar bundle for less than Snork Maidens i-Phone contract & it saves me the £22 I would be paying for BT Sport otherwise.

13 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

We got the Virgin Vip full house package on an introductory rate (12 months) of £63 per month.

This included 3x fully functional boxes for 3 different rooms, the full Sky package including the Sports and Movies plus BT sport channels. There's also the Superfast Broadband included with free local calls and the 4k Ultra HD channels for BT, Eurosport & Virgin Entertainment.

The only downside is that you don't get Sky Atlantic, however on the plus side we've not had one issue with our router, broadband or TV on any of the boxes since we got it installed (about 10 months ago now) and I'm generally getting 90 - 95 mbps DL speed.

The whole thing is a rip off with Sky, I once had them giving me the whole lot for 12.50 a month Sports, movies, Cinema, box sets for a year !

Way too much to ever watch unless all you want to do is sit in front of a screen.

Now I have a Roku box watch free stuff, take Netflix for a free month every once in a while, One FC streamed live on youtube  and watch a bit of UFC and footie with my BT internet deal.

Watch live local footie with my son.

Edited by SJP79

I binned Sky just before Christmas, and when I phoned, rather than the "We don't want you to leave" spiel, the woman told me if I had phoned up a few months ago, I could have had a discount, and that they had advertised it on billboards "everywhere". When I suggested they could have put the info in the billion marketing emails they sent me every month, I was told "Oh, we don't really advertise that stuff to existing customers".

I still use the box because my BT Sport and Premier come through it, and if I'm honest, the only thing I really miss is the recording facility.

quick question,asking for a work colleague-if she cancels her sky sub(shes had it for more than the initial 12 months),shell still be able to get freeview via her satellite dish and decoder,aye?