UEFA Europa League 2019/2020

36 minutes ago, Turkmenbashi said:

Antwerp forward scores a important goal, from a nice counterattack. Then gets sent off for milking the celebration (I assume second yellow). Absolute idiot behaviour. Hope AZ win now. 

And that is AZ winning 3-1 now. Love to see it

1 hour ago, Turkmenbashi said:

Antwerp forward scores a important goal, from a nice counterattack. Then gets sent off for milking the celebration (I assume second yellow). Absolute idiot behaviour. Hope AZ win now. 

And even after his sending off he provokes the AZ bench & fans. Karma...

F91 Dudelange from Luxembourg beat Ararat Armenia after penalties and qualify for the group stage for the second consecutive season. Some achievement that!
Not a bad showing by the Armenians getting this far as I can't recall a club from there making last round of qualifying before

8 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:
8 hours ago, Marten said:
F91 Dudelange from Luxembourg beat Ararat Armenia after penalties and qualify for the group stage for the second consecutive season. Some achievement that!

Not a bad showing by the Armenians getting this far as I can't recall a club from there making last round of qualifying before

Haven't they changed the rules tho, so league champions only need to play other league champions? Explains why so many diddy teams like Linfield got so far.

3 minutes ago, Turkmenbashi said:

Haven't they changed the rules tho, so league champions only need to play other league champions? Explains why so many diddy teams like Linfield got so far.

True, but even then only 16 teams out of 43 that start the CL qualification get to a group stage (4 CL, 12 EL). So that still makes it a major achievement for the champions of a tiny country like Luxembourg to qualify in 2 consecutive seasons.

43 minutes ago, Marten said:

True, but even then only 16 teams out of 43 that start the CL qualification get to a group stage (4 CL, 12 EL). So that still makes it a major achievement for the champions of a tiny country like Luxembourg to qualify in 2 consecutive seasons.

You're not wrong. More just pointing out before you get all the shite about Scottish teams not qualifying

15 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Well pissed off that AZ knocked Royal Antwerp out last night. Will be in Antwerp for the first group game, could have been a home game v ManU.

Game would have been in Brussels. Antwerps stadium is not UEFA compliant

13 minutes ago, Turkmenbashi said:

Game would have been in Brussels. Antwerps stadium is not UEFA compliant

Ah well, f**k them then.

P.S. Hopefully I can get a ticket for Brugge v Galatasaray in the CL instead. :)

Edited by welshbairn

• 3 weeks later...

Is it just me, but the Europe League looks so much more interesting this year than the Champions League? I'll get yer da comments, however, this seems more of a European  with so many different nations involved. 

The CL is so much meh now. Same old same

Edited by SlipperyP

5 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Is it just me, but the Europe League looks so much more interesting this year than the Champions League? I'll get yer da comments, however, this seems more of a European  with so many different nations involved. 

The CL is so much meh now. Same old same

^^^

Man United supporter found.