UEFA Europa League 2019/2020

6 minutes ago, Empty It said:

VAR is absolutely brutal, completely ruins the game, I don't think anyone ever wanted offside decisions surgically analysed down to millimeters. It should be obvious decisions and that's it.

They could at least draw a thicker line to take into account that the technology has a margin of error.  But I'm still to see an explanation from the FA that you can score legally with an armpit.

They could at least draw a thicker line to take into account that the technology has a margin of error.  But I'm still to see an explanation from the FA that you can score legally with an armpit.
It just gives another method of swaying games into whatever outcome they want. Personally not seen any benefits from VAR.

6 minutes ago, Empty It said:
10 minutes ago, bluearmyfaction said:

It just gives another method of swaying games into whatever outcome they want. Personally not seen any benefits from VAR.

Need to look at the times it has worked - and also look at the times when it didn't exist.  I'm still fuming that we lost the 2001 League Cup final thanks to a disgusting refereeing decision.  It's not as if we get to Cup finals every year to get it to even out.  The problem is the borked implementation.  On ref interpretation, if there's no overturning in 30 seconds, it can't be an obvious error; and offside needs a margin of error.  Sort those out and it'll work.

Watched the FC Basel Vs Eintracht Frankfurt game. Quite impressed with the Swiss team and they played out the tie quite confortably after a 3-0 first leg away win. They should probably have won by a larger margin but they met their primary objective.

Fabien Frei looks an excellent player. Would t be surprised to see him head over the Alps to Germany at some point.

Wolves, Basaksehir and Lille fail FFP. Only looked at the Wolves document but it's a minor punishment just now for them (squad size in Europe reduced by 2). Will be under some monitoring to make sure they roughly break even in the next few years. If they don't they'll be punished further...possibly

Guest DAVIDB69
Amazing that UEFA have taken action against Wolves for FFP breaches yet the EFL and Premier League ignores them.  As do the mass media who refuse to report on the Panama Papers and what they say about Wolves.

It’s easy to have a go at the relative minnows though