Annan Athletic 2019/20

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/02/2020 at 20:32, Hauftimedraw said:

Never mind paying £5 for this. We  really should be getting money to watch the substandard level of football seen this year. 

PS is there a different price if you don't want frisked by the QP stewards?

Just pay your £5 and smile, that will upset them.

I'll be making my third trip in just over a year to Galabank tomorrow watching Cowdenbeath, with It being my 'local' match at just over 130 miles away... and for the first time in almost 25 years I'll be travelling with me dad to a match to celebrate the fact he's now an OAP and can get in a bit cheaper!

Always enjoy a good day in Annan and enjoyed Francis bakers on my last couple of visits. So a couple of questions. Would you say it's the best bakers in town, and better than the one on the other side of the High Street... and as we're hopefully landing in Annan earlyish, what's the best place for a proper good breakfast?

I'll be making my third trip in just over a year to Galabank tomorrow watching Cowdenbeath, with It being my 'local' match at just over 130 miles away... and for the first time in almost 25 years I'll be travelling with me dad to a match to celebrate the fact he's now an OAP and can get in a bit cheaper!
Always enjoy a good day in Annan and enjoyed Francis bakers on my last couple of visits. So a couple of questions. Would you say it's the best bakers in town, and better than the one on the other side of the High Street... and as we're hopefully landing in Annan earlyish, what's the best place for a proper good breakfast?

Drifter Francis Bakers is definitely the best on in town.
For a good Breakfast try the Cafe Royal you won’t be disappointed.
I hope you and your Dad bring Annan some good luck tomorrow. We certainly need it.
Enjoy your time in Annan tomorrow.

16 minutes ago, marco44 said:

Drifter Francis Bakers is definitely the best on in town.
For a good Breakfast try the Cafe Royal you won’t be disappointed.
I hope you and your Dad bring Annan some good luck tomorrow. We certainly need it.
Enjoy your time in Annan tomorrow.

Ta for the tips pal.... but I'm batting for Cowden tomorrow! Last two games brought a 2-0 Cowden win and, I think, a 2-0 win for Annan last time round at Galabank when I brought a mate from Argentina and met that funny looking comedian from Germany! So I'm fully anticipating a 0-0 draw tomorrow!

Finally, one last question... any shops sell One Pounders Iron Brew humbugs? Got them from one place on my first visit but gutted they had none in stock when I returned this season!

Ta for the tips pal.... but I'm batting for Cowden tomorrow! Last two games brought a 2-0 Cowden win and, I think, a 2-0 win for Annan last time round at Galabank when I brought a mate from Argentina and met that funny looking comedian from Germany! So I'm fully anticipating a 0-0 draw tomorrow!

Finally, one last question... any shops sell One Pounders Iron Brew humbugs? Got them from one place on my first visit but gutted they had none in stock when I returned this season!

I would try the solway cafe for them.

As has been said already, cafe royal for breakfast and Francis’s the best bakers

I’ve never ever heard of “One pounders Iron Brew humbugs” But you could try the Solway Cafe for them. If you’re lucky enough to get some I wouldn’t mind a taste of one 🤣

• 1 month later...

About time this thread emerged from a prolonged bout of self isolation.

Hope everyone is safe and well out there. Missing the pre/post match crack but not the football so much.

Went past Galabank today as part of my daily exercise routine and had a thought that with the season being brought to a premature end that there had been no player of the year awarded this year.  Who do other Annan fans feel has stood out this year ? and should the POTY name have an asterisk on it on the club house?

For me,  the team had settled into mediocrity since Xmas  and was a shadow of last seasons team. If pushed I think its a toss up between Swingles and Tommy Muir who both give nothing less than 100% every time. Happy for it to be shared this season.

On 04/05/2020 at 20:22, Hauftimedraw said:

Hope everyone is safe and well out there. Missing the pre/post match crack but not the football so much.

(Snip)

Who do other Annan fans feel has stood out this year ? and should the POTY name have an asterisk on it on the club house?

Doing good thanks, the weather's helping! Definitely missing the fitba, and really hope all the old boys who always make me feel so welcome at Galabank are doing well.

There shouldn't be an asterisk, the player of the year has been the best player over the number of games that have been played, every player this season is on a level playing field in that sense.

Tommy Muir for me. Always gives 100% as you say, took on the role of captain well when Swinglehurst was out, and had a decent goal record for a team that was stagnating. 

I enjoyed watching Flanagan, Wilkie and McLean when they were on their game, but as 7th place suggests, that wasn't often enough.

• 2 weeks later...
About time this thread emerged from a prolonged bout of self isolation.
Went past Galabank today as part of my daily exercise routine and had a thought that with the season being brought to a premature end that there had been no player of the year awarded this year.  Who do other Annan fans feel has stood out this year ? and should the POTY name have an asterisk on it on the club house?
For me,  the team had settled into mediocrity since Xmas  and was a shadow of last seasons team. If pushed I think its a toss up between Swingles and Tommy Muir who both give nothing less than 100% every time. Happy for it to be shared this season.

Swinglehurst missed too many games through injury to be considered for POY.
Hard to pick this season no one’s really been playing well consistently.
But I would go for Flanagan.

Not been on the main website for a while. Was on today and had a look at the fund raiser . First look I thought this is a good idea then I realised it makes the club nothing four charities all good causes .
Was there any real thought put into this to make the club money I am not so sure . Biggest worry for me is how little has been raised in 12 days not even 1% of target . Hope I am wrong but this could be PR disaster

Not been on the main website for a while. Was on today and had a look at the fund raiser . First look I thought this is a good idea then I realised it makes the club nothing four charities all good causes .
Was there any real thought put into this to make the club money I am not so sure . Biggest worry for me is how little has been raised in 12 days not even 1% of target . Hope I am wrong but this could be PR disaster

£365 in 20 days this is now a pr disaster. Was this mentioned in the meeting on Sunday .
Question to be asked I think . What do others think

• 3 weeks later...

Good of you to think about your old EOS friends 10K!

Not sure about what play offs you are on about - could be the promotion or relegation ones we feature in . One positive is we have three players whose contracts run into next season so more prepared than usual.

Still not convinced that we actually see a full season. Heard that the earliest League 2 would be looking to start would be December which could mean possibly 18 games. Have to wait and see on that one.

Best of luck if you somehow go up through this reconstruction malarkey. If not, any word on you guys moving nearer town in the future. Was there not talk of Lesser  Murrayfield being used at one point?

• 2 weeks later...