Annan Athletic 2019/20

17 hours ago, ewan_fife said:

Indeed it will! Seems a very young side murphys going with this season, happy with the business so far? Could be a couple gems in there. Scott McLean looks a good bit of business

Aye would agree Peter assembling a good young side! Going to Palmerston tonight will have a better idea after seeing 

them in a competitive game. Watch this space!

I’m sure some people may know, but for those who don’t there is a new Fantasy football Scotland app, I will leave the link to the app on Apple devices below, on Android just type in Fantasy football Scotland and it should pop up

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/fantasy-football-scotland/id1469063365

I have created a league for all Pie and Bovril users if anyone wants to join, we already have around 30 people in the league just from the initial thread so hopefully we can get more, the code to join the league is

PRANJXBW

Hopefully we can get a good amount of people in :)

• 3 weeks later...
Looking forward to our visit tomorrow night. I've been at Galabank a few times with family down in Annan. Always a nice friendly place to visit.
Hoping we give you a real test! 

Should be a decent game.
Enjoy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 31/12/2019 at 00:02, @footballCFB said:

Hi Callum. Good luck with this. Great choice of guest with big Christian. I enjoyed your questions and his answers, good on you covering mental health, but please sort out your audio levels in the future!

Christian was so quiet and distorted, which may not have been your fault, but to hear him I had to pretty much double the volume, which was then absolutely blasting when you spoke. It almost made it unlistenable. If you have to deal with quiet audio from the guests, turn them up or turn yourself down to balance.

It's not just you, it's amazing how many times this happens in podcasts, right up to the stuff Colin Murray and Nihal Arthanayake put out on BBC Sounds. Clear and balanced audio should be an absolute basic when the content is meant for a listening audience.

Best of luck with the website and the podcasts, I'll be looking out for anything interesting that crops up.

• 2 weeks later...

Do Annan have any fans with computers? I've visited Galabank a couple of times over the last two seasons and had a great day out both times... but just noticed this thread and the lack of activity on here. Four pages for an entire campaign and nowt about the match, your club, or anything really. Not even un Annan un talking to himself like on the Cove thread. Is there an alternative forum where Annan uns have a good moan, or is there no internet in that part of the world?

22 minutes ago, Drifter said:

Do Annan have any fans with computers? I've visited Galabank a couple of times over the last two seasons and had a great day out both times... but just noticed this thread and the lack of activity on here. Four pages for an entire campaign and nowt about the match, your club, or anything really. Not even un Annan un talking to himself like on the Cove thread. Is there an alternative forum where Annan uns have a good moan, or is there no internet in that part of the world?

Am I that guy on the Cove thread! Hope not as they say thats the first sign of madness although they say talking to yourself is when you get the best answers!

Annan had a fair few fans in here. Maybe the club stagnating in this division has caused a bit of apathy or more likely all hands are now talking on facebook. 

I saw Annan win a couple of times earlier in the season and they always looked ok. The teams between fourth and eighth in the basement have all blown hot and cold at various points this season.

We do most of our moaning in the bar after the games.
Also on Facebook and Twitter

On 13/01/2020 at 18:21, CoveRangers1922 said:

Am I that guy on the Cove thread! Hope not as they say thats the first sign of madness although they say talking to yourself is when you get the best answers!

Of course you are pal! Though to be fair, I'm often talking to myself on the Cowden page so you're not the only one!

22 minutes ago, Drifter said:

Of course you are pal! Though to be fair, I'm often talking to myself on the Cowden page so you're not the only one!

Does seem to be a lack of Cove (and Annan) fans on this forum. Not too many places to talk or hear about L2 going-ons.

Cowden and Queens fans on the other hand are very active on here and provide a fair bit of banter 

Edited by CoveRangers1922

We do most of our moaning in the bar after the games.
Also on Facebook and Twitter
Alcohol is usually required to dissect the alleged game of football that we've just witnessed. That we are still in a playoff spot is astounding. Our defence at times seems to struggle. We lost Mitchell in the summer and Pete Watson not long after. The partnership they formed with Swinglehurst at the end of last season was the best I've seen us defend in years. We need at least one more striker to help Nade and Muir and hopefully Flanagan can provide the creativity and boost our chances of securing 4th.

Alcohol is usually required to dissect the alleged game of football that we've just witnessed. That we are still in a playoff spot is astounding. Our defence at times seems to struggle. We lost Mitchell in the summer and Pete Watson not long after. The partnership they formed with Swinglehurst at the end of last season was the best I've seen us defend in years. We need at least one more striker to help Nade and Muir and hopefully Flanagan can provide the creativity and boost our chances of securing 4th.

We’ve been terrible the last few games.
I wish we could play Cove every week [emoji85][emoji85][emoji85]