Annan Athletic 2019/20

Tommy Goss moving on from Abbey Vale this summer and with Queen of the South looking likely to bin their reserve team for next season, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Goss at Annan.

Having seen him play for Abbey Vale a lot of times and for Queens a couple of times, he would be a good replacement for Muir in my opinion.

Tommy Goss moving on from Abbey Vale this summer and with Queen of the South looking likely to bin their reserve team for next season, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Goss at Annan.
Having seen him play for Abbey Vale a lot of times and for Queens a couple of times, he would be a good replacement for Muir in my opinion.

Definitely need to sign a striker with Nade and Muir away.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/07/2020 at 19:33, marco44 said:

Definitely need to sign a striker with Nade and Muir away.

Goss would be a good fit for Annan. Learning from Peter Murphy would do him the world of good as he needs to mature into the game a bit. There are a few other players in the South League who could potentially make the step up to league two. Dean Smith from Mids could make the jump, Sean McKenzie from Nithsdale, Craig Murray and Jake Gemmell both formally of Annan and Lewis Todd and Hugh Cameron from Threave to name a few.

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I'm aware this is how the squad is shaping up so far this pre season,

Alex Mitchell,

Peter Watson,
Jordan Lowdon,
Steven Swinglehurst,
Matty Douglas,
Cameron Clark,
Tyler Fulton,

Nathan Flanagan,
Mark Docherty,
Owen Moxon,

Iain Anderson,
Harry Emerson,
Russell Currie,

I think that Flanagan will be playing up front wide and young Harry Emerson is more likely to be played in midfield. Still feel Docherty is more suited to a full back position than any further up the pitch.

Haven't seen Anderson play but would like to see  a more experienced striker brought in otherwise  that squad (so far) seem to be lacking goals.

• 2 weeks later...

Small plug for the Stranraer FC Fans Fundraising group. 

The group have raised around £6000 for the club in six weeks through various raffles, prize draws etc. We are now looking to use this help more than just the football club and will be walking from Stair Park to Galabank for our first away game of the season. All money raised will be split between MND Scotland and Stranraer FC Fans Fundraising. 

The route will cover 94.5 miles, which we plan to cover over three days, hoping to make it in time for kick off on the 24th of October. 

Any donation or mention is most welcome.

You can donate at -  

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/stranraerfcfans-fundraising?utm_term=EegWn2pZR&fbclid=IwAR3fsWao1FNKj0GLXATmMTOwcSBzHEuTUE4coAeh9F6q3jK3rios3hybUC0

Many thanks, 

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Liked Aiden always tried hard & initially looked as if he would do well. Unfortunately as time worn on you could see not scoring despite having chances was affecting his confidence & he was not the same player who would knock the ball past guys & beat them for pace. Hope he settles back in at Annan & gets his form back. Was disappointed that Scott Hooper moved on to Kelty as felt when fit he would have been a fine player for us. 

• 3 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Hauftimedraw said:
1 hour ago, Wighton said:
Annan have signed 18 yo Dundee midfielder Kyle Fleming.  Imo he's a very promising player.

Good to see a signing with potential. Hopefully we'll get the opportunity see him play soon but the pessimist / realist in me thinks increasingly unlikely.

Can see the season being written off .Strong leadership needed ,common sense .

Just shows you how daft things are that you can sit in the Annan club not 20 yards from the pitch having to watch the game on telly. Before they built the covered Terracing you'd have seen the game from the club windows anyway if they'd taken the shutters off.