Annan Athletic 2019/20

Raring to go for the new season. Peter Murphy has been busy securing signatures from last years play off squad and with 4 confirmed we look likely to announce a few more in the coming week. It'll be interesting to see who the gaffer brings in to replace the lads who have moved on.

Big job on his hands again this summer but he doesn’t seem too concerned so he must have plans.
Wonder what the expectations will be this year? Don’t go down... mid table... play offs?

Looks like we've retained an excellent backbone to the squad from last year with the ones announced and the lads expected to sign in the coming weeks. Peter Murphy is good at keeping things under wraps until its time to announce so I'd hope for another competitive squad this year.
How will we do???
Wouldn't mind another run at the playoffs. I suppose it'll depend on who we bring in.

1 hour ago, JimThorburn said:

Looks like we've retained an excellent backbone to the squad from last year with the ones announced and the lads expected to sign in the coming weeks. Peter Murphy is good at keeping things under wraps until its time to announce so I'd hope for another competitive squad this year.
How will we do???
Wouldn't mind another run at the playoffs. I suppose it'll depend on who we bring in.

Hooper, Johnston, Wallce and Wilson all off I see.  And Creaney though I'm not sure you'll miss him.  Losing 4 starters from last term not a concern?

Hooper, Johnston, Wallce and Wilson all off I see.  And Creaney though I'm not sure you'll miss him.  Losing 4 starters from last term not a concern?

Honestly I'm really disappointed to lose Scott Hooper. He was my choice for player of the year. Very consistent and reliable. Wallace too only a little less consistent. No doubt Johnston and Wilson will be missed but my in my opinion each would frequently go missing in games. Especially when we were under pressure. Both could also produce moments of quality so time will tell with them. Creaney....[emoji23][emoji23]

Our confirmed signings so far Watson, Swinglehurst, Sonkur and Moxon are good solid players. I also hear we have several other to be announced this week so I'm not terribly worried yet.

Has Aidan smith signed for Peterhead . If correct he will be hard to replace worked hard and good team player I think he will do well for Peterhead
That was the rumour going around but neither club have offered any confirmation yet.

7 hours ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Aaran Taylor signs from Workington Reds- a good non league goalie at EvoStik level (prob not much different to SFL2). Alex Mitchell moves the other way.

Also full back Matty Douglas from the Reds (player of the year there in 2017/18 & ex.Carlisle Utd.  youth. ) 

Up front a chance for Tommy Muir to combine with Nade  who have both resigned..

I bet shrewd old Peter  has  some choice midfielders in mind.Shaping up nice.

9 minutes ago, the philosopher said:

Also full back Matty Douglas from the Reds (player of the year there in 2017/18 & ex.Carlisle Utd.  youth. ) 

Up front a chance for Tommy Muir to combine with Nade  who have both resigned..

I bet shrewd old Peter  has  some choice midfielders in mind.Shaping up nice.

I always though given his connections with the area that Murphy would sign players from the Cumbria/North West area.

I always though given his connections with the area that Murphy would sign players from the Cumbria/North West area.
He's had one or two. Cammy Salkeld that's just signed for Morton(I think) was here on loan from Carlisle a while back and he brought in Jonny Jamieson last year. Murphy is careful about who he brings in to be honest. Doesn't really sign a player in just for the sake of it.

1 minute ago, JimThorburn said:
4 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

He's had one or two. Cammy Salkeld that's just signed for Morton(I think) was here on loan from Carlisle a while back and he brought in Jonny Jamieson last year. Murphy is careful about who he brings in to be honest. Doesn't really sign a player in just for the sake of it.

He has done well and a nice guy to speak to as well.

7 hours ago, Trollied said:

Any word on what Aidan Smith is doing yet ?

Someone saying on our site that the deal is more or less completed, a development fee has been agreed between the clubs, hopefully officially confirmed shortly. Notice you have signed the lad MacLean from Queens Park liked the look of him last season & would expect him to do well for you.

Someone saying on our site that the deal is more or less completed, a development fee has been agreed between the clubs, hopefully officially confirmed shortly. Notice you have signed the lad MacLean from Queens Park liked the look of him last season & would expect him to do well for you.
Last I heard they were negotiating the development fee so if it's agreed it'll only be a matter of time.

I think our signings so far have been good. Looking forward to seeing the new lads on action.