Rab B Nesbit

UEFA Champions League 2019-20

27 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Manchester City banned from Champions League for two seasons by UEFA and fined 30 million euros.

Presume they will appeal this and everything be fine

This will be the first of many teams banned and will lead to the rich clubs breaking away.

Quite enjoying UEFA actually applying the rules to the letter, calling Rangers sectarian and then punishing them, banning Man City, what's next?

51 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

He’ll be away to Juve.

Can't see it, tbh. If he leaves City (which I don't think he will) I reckon it'll be another sabbatical for him from football. 

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

This will be the first of many teams banned and will lead to the rich clubs breaking away.

Break away to where exactly? FIFA and UEFA control the game. Upstarts like City will have to take their punishment. You don't lie and mess about with the game's authorities. City knew the score, but carried on regardless.

5 minutes ago, Dele said:

Can't see it, tbh. If he leaves City (which I don't think he will) I reckon it'll be another sabbatical for him from football. 

I could think of worse things than 12 months in Manhattan as a multi millionaire.

4 minutes ago, bairney said:

Break away to where exactly? FIFA and UEFA control the game. Upstarts like City will have to take their punishment. You don't lie and mess about with the game's authorities. City knew the score, but carried on regardless.

If all the rich clubs form a corporate conglomerate, they will do whatever the f**k they like.

Think like the PDC but on a huge scale.

That City ban will be overturned by CAS if UEFA don't back down. 

No danger they'll actually end up banned for two years sadly. 

21 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

If all the rich clubs form a corporate conglomerate, they will do whatever the f**k they like.

That's a very big "if". Are other well managed, properly and financially well run clubs going to break their necks for City? Don't think so.

Hi, I'm a representative of convicted financial cheats, Manchester City. We are interested in forming a new breakaway competition which we need to win to massage the egos of our esteemed owners, Abu Dhabi.  Would you like to join us?

Aye, I can see that happening.

Just now, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Hi, I'm a representative of convicted financial cheats, Manchester City. We are interested in forming a new breakaway competition which we need to win to massage the egos of our esteemed owners, Abu Dhabi.  Would you like to join us?

Aye, I can see that happening.

No you are not. You are Rab B.

7 minutes ago, bairney said:

That's a very big "if". Are other well managed, properly and financially well run clubs going to break their necks for City? Don't think so.

Hopefully you are right. Likelihood is this ban will serve as a warning and will be suspended with a large fine for a City.

PSG will be worrying now I’d expect.

It's a stupid rule. Basically Man City came along and the likes of Real Madrid got the shits up them, terrified that lots more clubs would challenge their dominance, so created a rule to maintain their cartel.

Hope Man City challenge this rule and it gets binned.

13 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

PSG will be worrying now I’d expect.

I imagine most of the top teams will be.

The historic big and rich club’s want permadiddies like Man City to get hammered though. There’s no common interest here at all.