UEFA Champions League 2019-20

2 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

the standard of footy in Poland is pretty poor,nothing more complicated than that

am pretty impressed that piast Gliwice are making a decent effort against a team like BATE who are regular competitors in Europe and,iirc,have done ok in recent years

Status Update, BATE have scored twice in the last few minutes to lead 3-2 on aggregate

There's always a few seeded teams that get knocked out early on - that's Astana and Ludogorets of the bigger teams, plus Sheriff Tiraspol, Dudelange and Shkendija who have failed at the first hurdle.

Edited by Ginaro

On 25/06/2019 at 13:11, Marten said:

It's the club coefficient over the last 5 years (2014-2019) that decides the seedings. FC Santa Coloma got a few results in the last 5 years, especially reaching QR2 by beating Banants of Armenia in 2014. They also picked up 3 draws and a win in the other years, although none resulted in them going through, they did collect some points through it. That's what got them seeded. Feronikeli are making their European debut, so they only go on the country part of the coefficient, which isn't much in Kosovo's case due to them being new.

Bizarre that Real Madrid aren't top seeds having won the competition four out of the last six years.  I don't know what more they could be expected to do than win two thirds of all CL titles over more than half a decade.  

2 minutes ago, Kuro said:

Bizarre that Real Madrid aren't top seeds having won the competition four out of the last six years.  I don't know what more they could be expected to do than win two thirds of all CL titles over more than half a decade.  

Top seeds are the champions of the top 6 countries, the CL winners and the EL winners. Only the 2nd - 4th seeds go by coefficient, of which Real Madrid are top.

5 minutes ago, Marten said:

Top seeds are the champions of the top 6 countries, the CL winners and the EL winners. Only the 2nd - 4th seeds go by coefficient, of which Real Madrid are top.

I understand how it works, I'm saying its clearly wrong.  They have won four out of the last six competitions, they should clearly be number one seed in the whole tournament.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I had them on a coupon. Already one up after the away leg and they're 0-3 down at home!!

What the f**k?

Serves me right for guessing with my gambling but what a 'shit the bed' night for Porto.

Must be the first time in a very long time they won’t qualify for the group stages. They always seem to be there