UEFA Champions League 2019-20

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/06/2019 at 14:05, Tarmo Kink said:

I’m pretty sure Gibraltar have jumped out of the preliminary round for next season. It will be Northern Ireland, Kosovo, Andorra and San Marino I think.

Just noticed this. Pretty embarassing for Northern Ireland being ranked below a nation with roughly the same population as Ballymena. 

Any chance the SPFL could invite Gibraltarians into the Challenge Cup?

5 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Just noticed this. Pretty embarassing for Northern Ireland being ranked below a nation with roughly the same population as Ballymena. 

Any chance the SPFL could invite Gibraltarians into the Challenge Cup?

And they won't have an easy time getting out of that bottom 4 with the Kosovar teams continuing to rack up points.  Could easily envision both Northern Ireland and Wales being in that bottom 4 in a few years

Edited by senorsoupe

It seems stupidly early to be starting off, and having to win two rounds just to get anywhere seems a bit unfair to me. 

I'd rather all four entered in the First Qualifying Round. Obviously you would have to rejig some of who gets a bye and who doesn't in one or more rounds but that would be my preference. 

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

I see Rangers Older, shiter cousins Linfield have lost 2-0 at home against Rosenborg

Elsewhere Ferencvaros beat Ludogrets 2-1, on paper that's an upset while another on paper upset saw Sheriff lose 3-0 at home to Saburto Tblisi.  

Edited by senorsoupe

What's the deal with Polish teams atrocious performances in Europe?
Their champions are currently ahead of BATE Borisov but results like this seem a bit of a rarity.
From looking at wiki, a Polish team have never won a European trophy. Only one final appearance in the Cup Winners Cup from what I can see.

25 minutes ago, charger29 said:

What's the deal with Polish teams atrocious performances in Europe?
Their champions are currently ahead of BATE Borisov but results like this seem a bit of a rarity.
From looking at wiki, a Polish team have never won a European trophy. Only one final appearance in the Cup Winners Cup from what I can see.

the standard of footy in Poland is pretty poor,nothing more complicated than that

am pretty impressed that piast Gliwice are making a decent effort against a team like BATE who are regular competitors in Europe and,iirc,have done ok in recent years