UEFA Champions League 2019-20

3 hours ago, Jambomo said:

My friend I and I were just taking about that - they love the big players and the big teams. Never know why, but you can always hear it in the commentary. 

3 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

My issue with European football on bt is that they always get heavily behind the favourite in the game

Because neutral viewers, which will make up the vast majority of their audience, are much more likely to tune in for Bayern v Barca than Atalanta v RB Leipzig, and they want to see the famous players do cool things. I wish I were immune from that myself, but I know I make more effort to watch when it's a 'big' name.

6 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

I struggle to understand how refs still give a foul to the player that is backing in or not jumping to win the header.

It frustrates me when a centre half will run 10 yards with his eyes completely fixed on the ball the full time, and the opposing player will see him coming and make absolutely no attempt to challenge for the ball but crouch slightly making the defender pile over the top of him. 99 times out of 100 the attacking side get the free kick but only one player is attempting to win the ball. 

6 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

My issue with European football on bt is that they always get heavily behind the favourite in the game

The bigger issue with BT is that they employ ex-footballers with single figure IQs to co-commentate on their games. Savage was doing the Europa games and McManaman doing Champions League. The latter absolutely embarrassed himself with regards to the second Lyon goal, claiming Man City fans would be enraged that it wasn’t given offside, even after being told in no uncertain terms by Peter Walton that there wasn’t even a question of offside. Any Man City fans who knows the laws of the game wont be enraged in the slightest. 

14 hours ago, GordonS said:

Because neutral viewers, which will make up the vast majority of their audience, are much more likely to tune in for Bayern v Barca than Atalanta v RB Leipzig, and they want to see the famous players do cool things. I wish I were immune from that myself, but I know I make more effort to watch when it's a 'big' name.

They might want to watch these games but it doesn’t mean the neutral will support them, plenty of people want the underdog to win

Their commentary shouldn’t reflect it either. You don’t have to be falling over everything Neymar does to commentate on a game, fine when it’s brilliant like the back heel last night, but when it’s a 3 yard pass, not so much. Even if people are tuning in for the big teams, it shouldn’t sound like the commentary team support them as well.