UEFA Champions League 2019-20

3 minutes ago, throbber said:

Some people probably do. I’m just playing devils advocate here but Sterling came through the ranks at Liverpool, almost won the league there in 13/14 losing out to Man City who he then joined in 2015 for more money and the fact they were better at the time. Liverpool have since improved and won the premiership for the first time and won the CL which is something that Sterling hasn’t come anywhere close to at City. It makes a lot of people think GIRUY when they don’t succeed which is why people find the miss last night so amusing.

Liverpool got nearly £50 million for him, it's not like he dumped them on a free transfer.

6 minutes ago, throbber said:

Some people probably do. I’m just playing devils advocate here but Sterling came through the ranks at Liverpool, almost won the league there in 13/14 losing out to Man City who he then joined in 2015 for more money and the fact they were better at the time. Liverpool have since improved and won the premiership for the first time and won the CL which is something that Sterling hasn’t come anywhere close to at City. It makes a lot of people think GIRUY when they don’t succeed which is why people find the miss last night so amusing.

The above is something I’ve noticed racists doing all the time. Claiming to be playing devil’s advocate as an excuse to air their real opinion. 

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Liverpool got nearly £50 million for him, it's not like he dumped them on a free transfer.

I’m not saying that though - he still left for pastures greener and the team he left have gone on to be more successful than the team he joined which a lot of people enjoy seeing. 

15 minutes ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

The above is something I’ve noticed racists doing all the time. Claiming to be playing devil’s advocate as an excuse to air their real opinion. 

You are the one bringing race in to it - I’m just pointing out why people may not like Sterling, who ever tweeted that about his activism work is clearly a racist arsehole who I want nothing to do with here.

if Leicester has got into Europe at Man Utd’s expense then the exact same people would be pointing and laughing at McGuire for him fucking off to a bigger club for more money and flopping. It’s just what happens in football. 

22 minutes ago, throbber said:

I’m not saying that though - he still left for pastures greener and the team he left have gone on to be more successful than the team he joined which a lot of people enjoy seeing. 

Are Liverpool that more successful than City though? 

Sterling's development under Pep, has seen him become one of the best wide forward players in the world. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

Do we just ignore the multiple more major trophy wins simply because Liverpool won one Champions League? 

When it’s the Champions league yes - winning the league cup and the FA cup is great but City want the big one and they haven’t reached the final yet, Liverpool have done that twice and have got the monkey off their back by winning the premiership. Once again, I don’t support Liverpool. 

1 minute ago, throbber said:

When it’s the Champions league yes - winning the league cup and the FA cup is great but City want the big one and they haven’t reached the final yet, Liverpool have done that twice and have got the monkey off their back by winning the premiership. Once again, I don’t support Liverpool. 

Yes you do. 

13 minutes ago, gc_smfc said:

Are Liverpool that more successful than City though? 

Sterling's development under Pep, has seen him become one of the best wide forward players in the world. 

Until City win the champions league then yes they are. I’m pretty sure Sterling would have flourished under Klopp just as well if he’d stuck around for another year.

4 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Yes you do. 

I follow Man Utd because I was a shameless glory hunter growing up. I don’t really have en English team as such but have been to see both Sheffield teams in recent years. 

4 minutes ago, throbber said:

Until City win the champions league then yes they are. I’m pretty sure Sterling would have flourished under Klopp just as well if he’d stuck around for another year.

I follow Man Utd because I was a shameless glory hunter growing up. I don’t really have en English team as such but have been to see both Sheffield teams in recent years. 

You told me ages ago Liverpool were your team and Hibs was just a facade.

23 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I don’t know what you are trying to pull off here - I have stated fact that Liverpool have been on 2 CL finals. City have only for as far as the semis and that was 15/16. Since then they were knocked out by Monaco in the last 16 then Liverpool and spurs have put them out in the last 8. Last night really shouldn’t go down as a surprise as the quarter finals seems to be where City exit the competition.