UEFA Champions League 2019-20

18 minutes ago, Iminavest said:

The Bale situation is even more bizarre, given that he's one player who will pull off something spectacular in a big game.

Came on to respond with basically that to your previous post. It really is baffling. Real’s treatment of him seems pretty shoddy. Ostracising him and making out he’s some sort of burden doesn’t wash at all. They were the c***s that gave him the mega-bucks contract in the first place. I don’t blame Bale for digging his heels in and staying. 

Edited by 8MileBU

36 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Gareth Bale the real winner tonight. His handicap will be down by the time his team get home.

Bale and Ronaldo would have had loads of fun against Walker and Cancelo.

Without them, Real look devoid of ideas. Eden Hazard looked lost tonight.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Ryan Fraser - refuses to extend stay at club - TERRIBLE ATTITUDE, WASTER, SHITEHOUSE. 

Gareth Bale - refuses to travel to game - HE WOULD HAVE BEEN AMAZWBALLS AGAINST CITY. REAL ARE STOOOPID. 

I criticised Bale's attitude earlier this evening. There is no excuse for refusing to play if you are under contract.

ETA - Bale is a proven world class player who won loads of titles . Fraser is not in his league. 

Edited by Bishop Briggs

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Ryan Fraser - refuses to extend stay at club - TERRIBLE ATTITUDE, WASTER, SHITEHOUSE. 

Gareth Bale - refuses to travel to game - HE WOULD HAVE BEEN AMAZWBALLS AGAINST CITY. REAL ARE STOOOPID. 

I might be wrong, but I don't think Fraser was treated like shit by his manager before he refused to sign a new contract.

Madrid have hung Bale out to dry for some reason that I can't explain, other than he is he isn't the reincarnation of Cristiano Ronaldo.

15 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

The two situations are somewhat different but neither player covers themself in glory, Bale is most certainly not blameless. 

Can only think that they were trying to punt Bale in an attempt to put together a deal for Neymar. The stubbornness of both sides has left no real winners, with Real missing a game changer and Bale wasting some of what should be the prime years of his career.

8 minutes ago, Iminavest said:

The two situations are somewhat different but neither player covers themself in glory, Bale is most certainly not blameless. 

Can only think that they were trying to punt Bale in an attempt to put together a deal for Neymar. The stubbornness of both sides has left no real winners, with Real missing a game changer and Bale wasting some of what should be the prime years of his career.

Weren't Real after Mbappe?

He's much younger, and would be better value, than the egomaniac Neymar who wants to return to Barca.

Gareth Bale is a different level to Hazard, who is one of the most overrated players of this generation. 

Bale has done pretty much all that has been asked of him at Madrid, yet the way the club and fans have been towards him is disgraceful for a guy who's scored the winning goals in two European cup finals.

4 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Weren't Real after Mbappe?

He's much younger, and would be better value, than the egomaniac Neymar who wants to return to Barca.

The issue is less who would hypothetically be coming in and more letting one of you high earners know that they are actively being pushed out, then not even attempting to resolve the situation when things dont materialise as planned.

2 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Gareth Bale is a different level to Hazard, who is one of the most overrated players of this generation. 

Bale has done pretty much all that has been asked of him at Madrid, yet the way the club and fans have been towards him is disgraceful for a guy who's scored the winning goals in two European cup finals.

He could easily have left though to get slightly less megabucks at another club. I quite admired Steve McManaman when he stubbornly sat on the bench on the best pay of his life and was likely to never get anything like it again, but I don't get why Gareth Bale is still there. Unless I'm totally wrong about this and Real are asking too much from buyers.

29 minutes ago, Iminavest said:

Certainly are. One never refused to travel and play and is being made out by some on here as an arsehole whilst the other - who did refuse to travel - is being lauded as some sort of a missing link and should have been on the pitch. 

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

He could easily have left though to get slightly less megabucks at another club. I quite admired Steve McManaman when he stubbornly sat on the bench on the best pay of his life and was likely to never get anything like it again, but I don't get why Gareth Bale is still there. Unless I'm totally wrong about this and Real are asking too much from buyers.

I think if they'd been slightly fairer with him he maybe would have gone, but I read somewhere earlier as it stands he's still due over £60 million on his current contract.  The guy's got 4 European cups, league titles and several cups to his name, so he's achieved more than most will ever dream of.  I'd be half inclined to f**k them over and sit it out in the sun given the opportunity, and considering the way they've been with him.

Edited by MONKMAN

10 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Certainly are. One never refused to travel and play and is being made out by some on here as an arsehole whilst the other - who did refuse to travel - is being lauded as some sort of a missing link and should have been on the pitch. 

Can see why people are frustrated with Fraser refusing to sign a short extension in order to complete the season, especially with his club in a relegation battle and having developed him for a few years. At the end of the day it's his career and his choice. Reduced his injury risk but potential suitors will likely take the episode into account before committing themselves. 

The Bale chat is all hypothetical. Him being in Manchester tonight would have made no difference, given the events of the last 12 months.