UEFA Champions League 2019-20

Just now, throbber said:

I’m not giving you the convincingly part, you turned it off after Firminhos goal as you clearly thought the tie was over by that point. 

Yep, I did. The funny thing with football is it only takes a minute (or three in this case) for a tie to swing back and Atleti then picked Liverpool apart at will, scoring another two. 

The best teams in Europe don't lose so badly over two legs - see Barcelona last season. Flukes happen. This wasn't a fluke, folk saw it coming for weeks.

Yep, I did. The funny thing with football is it only takes a minute (or three in this case) for a tie to swing back and Atleti then picked Liverpool apart at will, scoring another two. 
The best teams in Europe don't lose so badly over two legs - see Barcelona last season. Flukes happen. This wasn't a fluke, folk saw it coming for weeks.

Well it took an individual mistake from Adrian to completely spin the tie on its head then the next 2 goals were counter attacks from when Liverpool had no choice but to throw the kitchen sink in. Other than that the tie was tighter than a submarines door.

Hope Atleti do go on to win it this year though and you are proved correct. Hated seeing them lose to Real both times.

20 minutes ago, throbber said:

Well it took an individual mistake from Adrian to completely spin the tie on its head then the next 2 goals were counter attacks from when Liverpool had no choice but to throw the kitchen sink in. Other than that the tie was tighter than a submarines door.

Every goal scored comes from a mistake somewhere. Liverpool have literally spent the past 2/3 years playing on the counter. 

Yep, it was tight. One team managed to hold their nerve and capatalise on mistakes, one never. 

Liverpool, Bayern, PSG, Juve. They're the best teams in Europe right now, Man City on their day too if they have a good defensive day. You can argue in whatever order.

Barca and Real having transitional seasons, both will be very strong next year.  Mbappe and Pogba will be at Real next season.  Atleti also are halfway through a major rebuild, will be ready next season.

• 1 month later...

I think it is important to remember just how glorious Liverpool getting papped out was. The seethe after the first leg, "welcome to Anfield", Robertson raging, the second leg, Llorente's goals, Morata's celebration, Klopp's tears, Michael Owen, the weeks long breakdowns on liverpool twitter and Llorente trollong by naming his dog Anfield.

Hard for me to say what was the best part. I'm sure we can all agree that it was beautiful though. 

4 hours ago, JMDP said:

I think it is important to remember just how glorious Liverpool getting papped out was. The seethe after the first leg, "welcome to Anfield", Robertson raging, the second leg, Llorente's goals, Morata's celebration, Klopp's tears, Michael Owen, the weeks long breakdowns on liverpool twitter and Llorente trollong by naming his dog Anfield.

Hard for me to say what was the best part. I'm sure we can all agree that it was beautiful though. 

That was truly beautiful and the most enjoyable game of the season.  Called it before first leg btw.

40 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

That was truly beautiful and the most enjoyable game of the season.  Called it before first leg btw.

Absolutely, it was the footballing equivalent of Fury-Klitschko. 

I could watch the Morata goal and subsequent celebration a thousand times in a row and not get tired of it.

19 minutes ago, JMDP said:

Absolutely, it was the footballing equivalent of Fury-Klitschko. 

I could watch the Morata goal and subsequent celebration a thousand times in a row and not get tired of it.

Me too, I have actually watched the highlights quite a few times during lockdown. It should go in a time capsule.

6 hours ago, JMDP said:

:lol: ... been to a couple of home games and your their new biggest fan :lol:

I know they got lucky against the reigning World, European and soon to be English Champions but don’t get too giddy now :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...