UEFA Champions League 2019-20

2 minutes ago, Grahame said:

What's he saying?  

Thought S.A.R was Liverpool's shining light tonight, an excellent performance.  

Shouldn’t have been a corner because wrongly given throw in beforehand, they were throwing themselves over, they were throwing themselves to the ground, celebrating as if they won the tie, throwing themselves to the ground, we’ll see when we get back to Anfield, why I oughta.

Tbf he wasn’t really out of order or losing control you could just see the rage and determination to win the next leg bubbling away nicely.

On an unrelated point, not sure if Owen would class Inter or Chelsea as big clubs, but both clubs’ supporters didn’t mind when they played like Atletico to win the European Cup.

Theres something absolutely delicious about how Liverpool fans, and manager, have decided that the first leg doesnt matter as all Liverpool have to do is turn up at home and theyll obliterate Atletico.

Whilst I'm almost certain that liverpool will turn it round fairly comfortably in the second leg, that was fantastic last night.

The back four were excellent last night for Atleti, both full backs pushed up well pegging Salah and Mane back and making the full backs as ineffective as I've ever seen for Liverpool. They really struggled to create anything and Oblak had the cigars out. 

Morata's miss could be key in the tie. However, considering he was playing whilst not fully fit - as well as Felix being out, Gimenez and Costa not 100% - he put in a great shift. Good to see Robertson and Klopp as ungracious and seething as ever. The less said about the state of the liverpool fans drinking round Canillejas  before the game the better, a support that makes the OF look like classy intellectuals. 

1 hour ago, JMDP said:

Whilst I'm almost certain that liverpool will turn it round fairly comfortably in the second leg, that was fantastic last night.

The back four were excellent last night for Atleti, both full backs pushed up well pegging Salah and Mane back and making the full backs as ineffective as I've ever seen for Liverpool. They really struggled to create anything and Oblak had the cigars out. 

Morata's miss could be key in the tie. However, considering he was playing whilst not fully fit - as well as Felix being out, Gimenez and Costa not 100% - he put in a great shift. Good to see Robertson and Klopp as ungracious and seething as ever. The less said about the state of the liverpool fans drinking round Canillejas  before the game the better, a support that makes the OF look like classy intellectuals. 

The next time you are at a big game could you film a wee bit of the atmoshphere for us before the game or something?  That looked awesome last night.

I had a wee look at Atleti's fixtures last night, they are in the middle of an incredibly difficult run of games with Villareal, Sevilla, Socidead, Barca and Bilbao away to come, having just visited Valencia.  They are in a real scrap for a CL spot now with Getafe in there making only one slot available for everyone else.

I also had a look at Getafe's run-in, they have a much easier run than Atleti, though play Atleti second last game.

9 hours ago, JMDP said:

Liverpool and Klopp has brought out the gobby ned in Roberston.