UEFA Champions League 2019-20

Another day in the life of Lionel Messi.

It really doesn’t get discussed enough that not only is he the greatest goal scorer in the world, he’s also the best passer of a ball and dribbler of a ball.

Also, some strange VAR decisions tonight with the Håland one being the pick of the bunch.

Lukaku & Martinez are my favourite strike partnership to watch right now. Sensational.
They're excellent. Perhaps it's nostalgia but with so many Champions League teams playing with three up front it's nice to see an old fashioned strike pairing doing so well. Lukaku was fantastic last night.

Lukaku is an excellent footballer, he just had the misfortune of signing for Man Utd and being dragged down to their level for a couple of years.
He also suffered a lot from the English medias "Boom or Bust" patter, also known as the Arsenal theory where every decent perofrmance is met with expert analysis that hes back and United have finally started to get the best of him, 30 goal incoming bla bla bla....

Then every poor performance results in a hatchet job.

27 minutes ago, Dele said:

He's well down the list of top Serie A strikers which in itself is an indication of his talents. 

Is he? You'd say Ronaldo and Mertens are obviously better, but I'm not sure anyone else has a huge argument to be ahead of him.

Martinez is less consistent, Dzeko and Immobile arguably more clinical in the box but I'd say Lukaku is better out it. You're then at the Piatek/Muriel/Milik standard who are less prolific.

• 2 weeks later...