Scotland V Cyprus Belgium v Scotland predictions

jofis

3 hours ago, Smokerson said:

Really don't think £25 is that bad for an international game on  a Saturday evening, might've got an extra 5-8 thousand had it been £20. 

South Stand is £30 for Cyprus. The South Stand is also £30 for Belgium. The Belgium game seems value for money given the quality of the opposition. The Cyprus game seems poor value in comparison. 

The SFA have been criticised in the past for ticket prices for high profile games, so they maybe thought they would make all games the same price this time to avoid this criticism.

Given the pricing for Scottish rugby games, I think the pricing is pretty good. It’s just the kick off times and dates that are inconvenient.

Edited by Scary Bear

The people crying about the prices wouldn't be shy in getting the wallets out if we were in the position to seal the deal against San Marino. 

Reality is that the place would be full and rocking on a Saturday night if we were winning and playing well. Everything else is just background whinging. 

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Really down to the play off imo. Clarke will have enough to beat Finland at home. It's literally down to a toss of a coin whether we qualify, ie a home final- great chance. Away final- no chance

Good chance it won’t be Finland.  It looks likely that Serbia will qualify outright, so Finland move up a space and (iirc) Bulgaria take their spot. If Bulgaria, Norway, or Finland qualify, then it would be Israel we’d play.

I’ll certainly be looking for Serbia to qualify directly. Even if Finland are the weaker team, I’d rather play a stronger Bulgaria than get murdered by Serbia in an away game Final.

Obviously we control none of this, but I’d personally prefer a Finland/Norway final anywhere than Serbia...

10 hours ago, forameus said:

That was a fucking abysmal evening.  Already been mugged off undeservedly down there, then got similar up here.  Seem to remember it was a miserable, sleety night too, wonderful trudge back into town.

I had a ticket for this game, but was marooned in a hotel in Larne after a week's working in N.I. because both main roads coming out of Stranraer were shut due to snow.  Couldn't even get it in the hotel, and Larne had never struck me as the type of place I wanted to caper around in looking for a pub, so I was reduced to listening to it on the radio.

The following day I got the ferry over about 7am, but was held in Stranraer for about four hours before being sent on a detour via fucking Dumfries, only to arrive back at my flat in Partick about mid-afternoon, grab my case out the back of the car....forgetting I'd quickly opened it earlier that afternoon and hadn't zipped it up properly - causing a comedy "suitcase opening gag" as my pants etc. cascaded on my street.

Fucking Wales man.

ETA - predictions are;

Scotland 1-0 Cyprus

Belgium 0-0 Scotland

Edited by Estragon

Scotland 2 v 1 Cyprus

Belgium 1 v 1 Scotland

Hazard is thinking of sun loungers and ladies in bikinis. De Bruyne and Lukaku throw sickies. It might still be 4 v 1 or the likes but I’ll keep my fingers crossed they’re already in holiday mode and can’t get up for a game against Scotland.

Clarke is definitely the right man for the job. I really hope he takes to international management.
Not expecting miracles overnight, and I’m sure he’ll have the full backing of the fans in an effort to get us back on track.

A win against the Cypriots and a composed performance against the Belgians would be a great start.

...only to arrive back at my flat in Partick about mid-afternoon, grab my case out the back of the car....forgetting I'd quickly opened it earlier that afternoon and hadn't zipped it up properly - causing a comedy "suitcase opening gag" as my pants etc. cascaded on my street.
Fucking Wales man.

Must have been slapstick in the air that week - IIRC that was the game where Rhodes was hurrying to come on as a last minute sub in the mad blizzard, wheeched his trackie trousers down and accidentally pulled his shorts and skants down too - right in front of the cameras [emoji23]

Good chance it won’t be Finland.  It looks likely that Serbia will qualify outright, so Finland move up a space and (iirc) Bulgaria take their spot. If Bulgaria, Norway, or Finland qualify, then it would be Israel we’d play.
I’ll certainly be looking for Serbia to qualify directly. Even if Finland are the weaker team, I’d rather play a stronger Bulgaria than get murdered by Serbia in an away game Final.
Obviously we control none of this, but I’d personally prefer a Finland/Norway final anywhere than Serbia...
Agree, did Ukraine get docked the points?

49 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:
1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:
Are folk thinking Scotland are getting a result in Belgium? 
Seriously?

Yes. Yes I am.

No chance, a draw would be absolutely stunning.  We will put up a decent fight and lose 2 or 3 nil.

4 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

South Stand is £30 for Cyprus. The South Stand is also £30 for Belgium. The Belgium game seems value for money given the quality of the opposition. The Cyprus game seems poor value in comparison. 

The SFA have been criticised in the past for ticket prices for high profile games, so they maybe thought they would make all games the same price this time to avoid this criticism.

Given the pricing for Scottish rugby games, I think the pricing is pretty good. It’s just the kick off times and dates that are inconvenient.

3 other stands to sit in though.

i don’t think the prices are that unreasonable but that’s just me

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Seriously?

No, but remember that time we beat Croatia away? Did you think we would?

On 06/06/2019 at 20:26, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Seriously?

Yes. Scotland will lose, win or draw in Belgium...

Cyprus are shite on their travels. This means we're looking at a scrappy 1-0 or 2-1 win in all likelihood. 

All about the win and SSC will hopefully have the team organised with a focus on pressing them into mistakes.

Not sure if he'll go 3-5-2/5-3-2 or 4-3-3/ 4-5-1? I'm thinking the latter with Fraser and Forrest playing up in support of whoever is leading the line.

Scotland 2 (Fraser and a 98th minute winner from Eamon Brophy) Cyprus 1.

One game at a time but I'd guess he's likely to play a more defensive style in Belgium. A draw would be superb but we'll probably go down fighting 2 or 3 nil to the home of chocolate and paedophiles...

On 06/06/2019 at 21:09, John Lambies Doos said:
On 06/06/2019 at 18:53, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

Agree, did Ukraine get docked the points?

Nope, UEFA rejected Portugal & Luxembourg’s appeals that Moraes was ineligible.