UEFA Super Cup 2019-20

12 minutes ago, Slenderman said:

So... Rab's admitting to being a glory-hunter. Who'd have thought.

Guilty as charged Slim as admitted countless times before. I loved watching them on the telly as a kid and love going to watch them as much as I can now. 

1 hour ago, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

You've got to hand it to the Liverpool execs in managing to transform these people from far-flung corners of the world like Rab and all the Turks, Indians and Arabs in the crowd last night from your typical gloryhunting kids into guaranteed annual revenue streams - essentially subscription customers - well into these people's adulthood. I don't know how they've done it.

Remarkable business acumen.

That’s football supporting for you fud we get the bug when young and you are stuck with your team. 

2 hours ago, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

Nope, thats not football supporting at all Robert. It's called being a customer. A faceless number in their back account.  Just how they want it.

Great to watch, brilliant manager who makes you feel appreciated, European Champions, season ticket frozen for years, £30 away tickets absolutely delighted at this end fud. 

Edited by Rab B Nesbit
🏆

53 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Great to watch, brilliant manager who makes you feel appreciated, European Champions, season ticket frozen for years, £30 away tickets absolutely delighted at this end fud. 

He was talking about supporters Rab, you're a glory hunting tourist.

4 hours ago, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

You've got to hand it to the Liverpool execs in managing to transform these people from far-flung corners of the world like Rab and all the Turks, Indians and Arabs in the crowd last night from your typical gloryhunting kids into guaranteed annual revenue streams - essentially subscription customers - well into these people's adulthood. I don't know how they've done it.

Remarkable business acumen.

Its a great example of marketing, people with no connection to Liverpool pretending to support them from all over the globe cause they saw them on TV.

5 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Guilty as charged Slim as admitted countless times before. I loved watching them on the telly as a kid and love going to watch them as much as I can now. 

But you'll never feel it like a real Liverpool can does, when they won the CL last year you'll have been jumping round like a loony but it's hollow deep inside and you know it.

All those people around you with scouse accents they actually feel it and take pride in it and so they should as it represents them.

They also inevitably chuckle At the sad sack Scotsman going around going yayyyy us!!! When it's not really you at all, it's just them.  

10 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

I know a certain poster has always taken a keen interest in this 😉 ... 

909C222B-D3E4-49B5-A4A0-B05700D3B9DC.jpeg

Its not really something you can take pride in or boast about though is it, cause if Macclesfield had been the most successful English club you'd just have chosen to 'support' them instead wouldn't you.

Edited by Kuro

16 minutes ago, Kuro said:

But you'll never feel it like a real Liverpool can does, when they won the CL last year you'll have been jumping round like a loony but it's hollow deep inside and you know it.

Liverpool Can ? ... he signed for Juventus :D

What a night in Madrid Kuro just brilliant. 

C5E74966-2718-430B-A897-705299231D12.jpeg

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

22 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Liverpool Can ? ... he signed for Juventus :D

What a night in Madrid Kuro just brilliant. 

C5E74966-2718-430B-A897-705299231D12.jpeg

Not in the way it was for real Liverpool fans though eh Rab, and never will be.  They actually feel it,you just act it out.

2 minutes ago, Kuro said:

Not in the way it was for real Liverpool fans though eh Rab, and never will be.  They actually feel it,you just act it out.

I’ll come clean Kuro had a wee tear in my eye at the end. All those miles but worth it :)

2 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Just get to a few games K Man ... 😉

To hunt glory. If they were in league one you'd have not been near anfield in years, yet real Liverpool fans would still be going every week cause that's their team. It's not yours.

1 minute ago, Kuro said:

To hunt glory. If they were in league one you'd have not been near anfield in years, yet real Liverpool fans would still be going every week cause that's their team. It's not yours.

Win draw or lose I’ll still be there. League One ... just think of the new grounds I’d get to :)

1 hour ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Win draw or lose I’ll still be there. League One ... just think of the new grounds I’d get to :)

Sure you will.  If they were league one to start with you'd never have been a Liverpool 'fan' in the first place.  You're no better than Chinese tourists at Old Trafford.

14 minutes ago, Kuro said:

Sure you will.  If they were league one to start with you'd never have been a Liverpool 'fan' in the first place.  You're no better than Chinese tourists at Old Trafford.

Fair play to them coming all that way Kuro. Who do you follow yourself ?