COWDENBEATH 2019-20

Disappointing result today. We have hit a disturbing barren spell in front of goal. I make it 4 goals in the last 7 league games. (I have not looked up the stats). If it's wrong it's not far wrong so we will struggle to hold on to our position in the league if this doesn't improve. We can still have a great season compared to the last few. We just have to get the heads up.

Disappointing result today. We have hit a disturbing barren spell in front of goal. I make it 4 goals in the last 7 league games. (I have not looked up the stats). If it's wrong it's not far wrong so we will struggle to hold on to our position in the league if this doesn't improve. We can still have a great season compared to the last few. We just have to get the heads up.
The End Bollan

Sent from my ZTE BLADE V7 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

We were dogshit. First time I will criticise the keeper for his part in it but there were half a dozen errors in the goal incident and overall nobody had a good game today.

Aimless long ball all day without winning first or second ball all day but keep doing it anyway.

Gave Brechin all the room they needed without putting challenges in.

Always felt if we nicked a goal they might crumble bug we left it too late.

Ref lost control after we scored and tried to get the ball to restart quickly, Brechin lad held on to it jn the net and the handbags came out.

We are not bad when we knock it about and then you get a day like this where the ball is belted without a plan.

23 minutes ago, wulliemc said:

We were dogshit. First time I will criticise the keeper for his part in it but there were half a dozen errors in the goal incident and overall nobody had a good game today.

Aimless long ball all day without winning first or second ball all day but keep doing it anyway.

Gave Brechin all the room they needed without putting challenges in.

Always felt if we nicked a goal they might crumble bug we left it too late.

Ref lost control after we scored and tried to get the ball to restart quickly, Brechin lad held on to it jn the net and the handbags came out.

We are not bad when we knock it about and then you get a day like this where the ball is belted without a plan.

Yeah, just pointless hoof balls to Renton who doesn't even get off the ground, or to Allan who gets out jumped. Only looked dangerous when Taylor was brought on, but yet again we keep Renton on and take off Smith. Wasn't a booking for Renton at the end, as he only tried to knock the ball out for a throw in instead of a goal kick, but the ref lost total control and was booking everyone in the last few minutes. Sure he even tried to book some fans.

2 minutes to go Robbie scored for us and players went to get the ball out of the net - wrestling match and melee ensued.  Referee for some reason spent about a minute blowing his whistle non stop to get players to stop fighting over the ball - never seen anything like that.  Then he booked 4 players 2 from each side and then before we kicked off again he also gave Dougie Hill a red card for arguing with a spectator.  That then led to yellow cards for Brechin manager and coach for arguing with him on the sidelines.  Then game restarted and Kris Renton trying to keep the ball from rolling out tripped a Brechin player and got a second yellow so was sent off - last two minutes was the best bit of the match!

We were pretty bad today but Brechin were decent and won’t finish bottom if they play like that every week. Number 7 for them was very good.

And the ref deserves a special mention - w****r !

Not a bad tackle in the game then Brechin player won’t let go of ball after we scored. Cowden players try to wrestle it from him. Instead of just saying “Hey you drop the fecking ball,” he stands like a wee schoolboy having a tantrum just continually blowing his whistle while the grappling match goes on and on. Incompetent tosser !

3 hours ago, onecowden said:

If Renton scored now and again it might make a difference. How many has he scored this season?

I have never seen a referee argue with a spectator until today. We got a couple of throw ins in the first half which should have gone to Brechin and one of their supporters started shouting at the ref (nothing unusual). To my amazement, the ref started shouting back at him.

I didn't see what Dougie Hill was sent off for.

Bizarre when Renton was trying to get the ball back off Page. It must have been about two minutes that Renton and Hamilton were pushing and shoving Page and (I think) Hill, with the referee just blowing his whistle the whole time and the players totally ignoring him.

29 minutes ago, PELE said:

I have never seen a referee argue with a spectator until today. We got a couple of throw ins in the first half which should have gone to Brechin and one of their supporters started shouting at the ref (nothing unusual). To my amazement, the ref started shouting back at him.

I didn't see what Dougie Hill was sent off for.

Bizarre when Renton was trying to get the ball back off Page. It must have been about two minutes that Renton and Hamilton were pushing and shoving Page and (I think) Hill, with the referee just blowing his whistle the whole time and the players totally ignoring him.

There used to be a lunatic who haunted the East of Scotland League. Funny thing is he came from Glasgow so I reckoned he'd been punted eastwards to avoid being lynched by angered Central League Juniors fans. Anyway City were playing at Easthouses and City fan Big Dave was giving the referee it tight as usual. He came over and tried to send Big Dave off thinking that he was a club official (although how you could sent a non-coaching staff club official off is another point). Big Dave told him to get stuffed. 

1 hour ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Never understand why players wrestle for ball as no matter when ball is placed on spot the restarting team can just wander up and take their time.

The game was petering out and Cowden scored. For 5-10 mins there was mayhem. One of the Brechin players lay down on the ball, in the net and wouldn’t release the ball. The ref just kept blowing his whistle, no one took any notice.

None of us had ever seen anything like it, hopefully it will be in the highlights but It m sure it will be edited out.

Having said that, the better team won so no sour grapes.

13 hours ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

One.

Had been involved in lots more though.

Sorry, not good enough. Yes he wins most high balls but then has no one to pass to. If we don’t score goals we aren’t going to win any games and we aren’t scoring goals. We have been in a rut since Mullen had his accident. We don’t even have anyone who can take a decent corner.