COWDENBEATH 2019-20

What is Pyper doing for that goal? Why not double up with miller, and Miller was very lightweight, and too tight all he had to do was try and stand up see him away from goal. 

Saturday was disappointing but hopefully the boys realise that themselves and maybe just a wee reminder that there is still a lot of hard work needed if we are to progress in the cup and hopefully challenge in the league this season. 

We are trying to organise a bus to the Broxburn game on Saturday. 
All welcome, departs Torleys 1pm and straight back after the game.

Please contact either Derek Neilson or myself ASAP. It’s about half full but need it mostly full or it’s not viable. 
Cheers

6 league wins in a row and looking impressive so I backed you boys in my coupon. In fact, had you down as ht/ft...2 quid I’ll never see again!!

Saying that I hope you win the replay. Sure you will and I’ll see you at Locos (club close to me)  in the next round. 

Sadly another early exit for us by Talbot (again).

Just now, CoveRangers1922 said:

6 league wins in a row and looking impressive so I backed you boys in my coupon. In fact, had you down as ht/ft...2 quid I’ll never see again!!

Saying that I hope you win the replay. Sure you will and I’ll see you at Locos (club close to me)  in the next round. 

Sadly another early exit for us by Talbot (again).

Talbot away was a killer draw 

I had them at 4/1 ! Massive price.

Edited by big al

Good odds and good betting!
Was a tough draw but one I thought we might have won going into the game. Fair play to Talbot, they were up against it first half and they took there chance when it came. 

20 shots and no goals is poor from our point of view.

Anyway enough about Cove. Look forward to hopefully seeing Cowden play Locos. Locos are a fairly strong Highland League side.

Nice for us to both get a mid week games next week. Stirling away should be a chance for 7 league wins in a row.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

2 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Good odds and good betting!
Was a tough draw but one I thought we might have won going into the game. Fair play to Talbot, they were up against it first half and they took there chance when it came. 

20 chances and no goals is poor from our point of view.

Anyway enough about Cove. Look forward to hopefully seeing Cowden play Locos. Locos are a fairly strong Highland League side.

Nice for us to both get a mid week games next week. Stirling away should be a chance for 7 league wins in a row.

To be honest mate from what I have seen of Cowden this season, a couple of injuries would derail any form, seriously if it’s key players.

23 hours ago, big al said:

We are trying to organise a bus to the Broxburn game on Saturday. 
All welcome, departs Torleys 1pm and straight back after the game.

Please contact either Derek Neilson or myself ASAP. It’s about half full but need it mostly full or it’s not viable. 
Cheers

Bus definitely running now, have got reasonable numbers. A few seats left if anyone fancies it. 
cheers

How do you see the game going on Saturday, fellas? Judging on what you saw from Broxburn on Saturday and Cowden, with what I expect, again being without the Hearts lads and against a home support? Cows shorts odds to win but the hosts are 4-1 which I think's always a bit tempting for a home team in a cup replay.

Am going for a hard-fought 2-1 Cowden win and a nice windfall in later rounds to help fund an extra player or two for an end-of-season play-off/promotion push

Mon the Coos and can't wait for my Annan/Cove double header after this...

Edited by Drifter

How do you see the game going on Saturday, fellas? Judging on what you saw from Broxburn on Saturday and Cowden, with what I expect, again being without the Hearts lads and against a home support? Cows shorts odds to win but the hosts are 4-1 which I think's always a bit tempting for a home team in a cup replay.
Am going for a hard-fought 2-1 Cowden win and a nice windfall in later rounds to help fund an extra player or two for an end-of-season play-off/promotion push

Very difficult tie with the jambos [emoji26]
Don’t think we can play any worse. Hopefully we can get job done

Getting through is obviously the priority. The fact it’s an artificial pitch will help as it won’t be a mud bath like Stenny and Albion have to face. 
No idea how recently they relaid the pitch though as I was there about 7 years ago and it was artificial then. Good setup there but the place is a hole. 

54 minutes ago, Drifter said:

We’ll have to up our game considerably to get through this. At least we have to better than we were on Saturday.

2 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Getting through is obviously the priority. The fact it’s an artificial pitch will help as it won’t be a mud bath like Stenny and Albion have to face. 
No idea how recently they relaid the pitch though as I was there about 7 years ago and it was artificial then. Good setup there but the place is a hole. 

From reading the website it looks like the pitch was laid in 2009 and is a community use facility so gets used plenty.

Maintenance at community use facilities is usually non existent so I think there is a good chance the pitch will be fucking abysmal !

1 hour ago, Brazilianlex said:

From reading the website it looks like the pitch was laid in 2009 and is a community use facility so gets used plenty.

Maintenance at community use facilities is usually non existent so I think there is a good chance the pitch will be fucking abysmal !

It looks ok for a plastic pitch on the web, but probably old photos. 3G pitches don't last well. They are usually like brillo pads if they are ten years old.