5 minutes ago, Bluebrazilcfc said:

What a lot of nonsense. Hoofball because there was absolutely no option going forward today. Allan was like a statue and strutts about with minimum effort almost like he thinks he should be at a higher level. Cox was dreadful, was like a garden gait every ball that was played into him your didn’t know where it was going to end up. Taylor pish, and Miller was absolutely rank rotten. 

I disagree about Taylor, but can't argue about the rest.

1 minute ago, Bluebrazilcfc said:

And it looked like Buchanan had been drinking or something before the game he was tripping over himself today, terrible. 

Unfortunately he looks like that most weeks. He is capable of much better, but looks like he is not interested. He should be strolling through a game like that.

Too many of our team aren't willing or aren't confident enough to take players on. As soon as they see an opposition player, they turn back towards our goal and when we do move the ball forward it's just an aimless ball and is easy mopped up.

Surprised by Cowdenbeath today, thought Broxburn were the better team for the most part and fully deserved at least a replay.

Nice earner for both clubs.

26 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Surprised by Cowdenbeath today, thought Broxburn were the better team for the most part and fully deserved at least a replay.

Broxburn could have won it with better finishing. Keeper a bit nervy though and almost gifted us a goal.

Good to see Jordan Allan stay on his feet. Plenty of players would have dived for a penalty. Twice he could have hit the deck and probably got at least one penalty from the usual poor officials.

Are Smith and Hamilton prevented from playing by Hearts?
Would imagine so.

Bad result today but still in the cup. Was always going to be tough today and fair pay to Broxburn for such a big crowd.

56 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Hardly. Half of 800 fans gate money less expenses is peanuts, unless you’re expecting a massive turnout next week. Better earner being in next round.

17 minutes ago, big al said:

Hardly. Half of 800 fans gate money less expenses is peanuts, unless you’re expecting a massive turnout next week. Better earner being in next round.

Do you see the crowds Broxburn normally get?!

We have been on a fantastic run in the league with a great first quarter. Four enforced changes and performance way short of what it should have been. However I'm not going to hit the panic button and pick out individual performances I think the players are hones enough to reflect on their own performances .Take nothing away from Broxburn who worked hard throughout and posed problems and well worth the draw a cracking goal from Coxy bit real resolve from Broxburn to keep going to the finish.

We are still in the cup but we have an opportunity albeit a tough one to redeem ourselves, I would also add the Broxburn committee & fans who arrived in the Andy Mathew lounge were superb  genuine people & thank you for your customary much appreciated. Hopefully we can respond in kind next week by bringing a decent support may the best team win. 

Mon the Coo

I also didn't know we were playing a side backed by Rangers-lite supporters. Did my ears play tricks on me or did I actually hear lines containing 'up to our knees in ****** blood'?

Strange.

Broxburn are a decent team with some good players, I especially liked the number five and the wide left front  man. They were well up for it too, a lot more than we seemed to be. After our great run I suppose the team can be excused a poor performance. We badly lack a ball winner in midfield. Our build up was far too laboured , and we squandered some good positions up front. Barr and Todd were solid as usual and a great finish from Cox but apart from that not much to enthuse about Our habit of getting in front and then sitting back finally came unstuck. But hey ho we are still unbeaten and still in the cup. Quite looking forward to next week actually.

Good crowd from Broxburn today shame a few nuggets let them down with needless sectarian singing. Hope the next time their up to their kness is in a fucking swamp.

29 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

I also didn't know we were playing a side backed by Rangers-lite supporters. Did my ears play tricks on me or did I actually hear lines containing 'up to our knees in ****** blood'?

Strange.

You did

It was Donald Findlay singing it though

Seen Kelty play Broxburn loads of times, never heard anything like that ever. Suspect it would be folk that wouldn't be able to find Albyn Park .

Edited by gogsy

3 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Seen Kelty play Broxburn loads of times, never heard anything like that ever. Suspect it would be folk that wouldn't be able to find Albyn Park .

I imagine i've been at more Broxburn games than those fannies.

26 minutes ago, gogsy said:

You did

It was Donald Findlay singing it though

Definitely would have been strangers to Albyn Park. Probably had to ask what colours Broxburn were wearing.

Well done to Broxburn today, they looked decent and were the better side. Having said that, our worst performance of the season by far and hopefully we can’t play any worse next week but that’s no guarantee of a victory.

we are in the draw and that’s the only saving grace from today.

Good Broxburn crowd but the sectarian singing at the start of the match was shameful. I don’t know if that’s a regular feature of their support but the Club needs to take steps to sort it out.

Hopefully no repeat next week.