COWDENBEATH 2019-20

1 hour ago, big al said:

Was on the terrace and barely heard a cheep from either stands to be honest.

nelly will confirm I commented how quiet the stadium was for a 2nd v 3rd clash. 

The only time the stand came to life was when a certain player got his marching orders. Sounded like the whole stand awoke, including the City fans. Can't think what they were chanting.

34 minutes ago, PELE said:

The only time the stand came to life was when a certain player got his marching orders. Sounded like the whole stand awoke, including the City fans. Can't think what they were chanting.

Oh yeah that’s true. He must be very fast or wearing swimming gear to be shouting ‘speedo’ at him.

17 hours ago, StevieLes II said:

Luckily for me I don’t make the decisions.

Seriously though, I have no idea of the extra costs of opening the terrace but if there is any real savings I think it could be worth considering.

Especially on days like yesterday, which had been forecast to be horrendous all week. Plan ahead. If it’s horrible get it closed off. There must have been 10 people over there yesterday.

As I said though, still love the terrace ‘When the Sunshines’

You are a big blouse.. get over to terracing next time. Next I will hear you stop playing golf coz of a bit drizzly rain.....

Well done the players and management. The team is playing for each other in a way I aint seen in a long time. Sometimes we aint pretty on the eye but who cares. The problems would be play like that and lose 3 or 4 games  it doesnt look great but we have the winning mentality and tactically Bollan sets up really difficult to play against. I dont mean defensive I just mean tactically and certain patterns of play is difficult to compete against.

Barr is a rock and a huge player for us (when is he going to get a MOTM) its bugging me now.

Jordan allan was superb when he came on and if starting on bench would like perhaps an extra 5-10 mins each game for him. Connor smith looked tired on Saturday the effects of full time training and games at this physical level will do him the world of good but he is only 17. Great wee player though.

Clean sheets galore just now which is great. Happy for the club to be competing at the top end. We can dream of mounting a challenge but I think an injury or suspension or 2 in key areas would set us back. Play offs would be a great achievement. We have the team however to keep this excellent run going and see where it takes us.

mone the cowden.

Edited by NELLY

Interesting wee game vs you guys tonight for Kelty. Are you likely to play a full team? Most games I've watched (and played in) in the Fife cup are usually fringe jobs to get players or youngsters minutes. Not sure how big a squad you have this season tbh. Glad to see you up the table too btw! 

10 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Interesting wee game vs you guys tonight for Kelty. Are you likely to play a full team? Most games I've watched (and played in) in the Fife cup are usually fringe jobs to get players or youngsters minutes. Not sure how big a squad you have this season tbh. Glad to see you up the table too btw! 

We don’t have a big squad but run of wins means the bench players have had very little game time.

so I would think the first team bench will all play plus the 3 or 4 youngsters we have. Fife Cup is not our priority this season 😏

41 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

We don’t have a big squad but run of wins means the bench players have had very little game time.

so I would think the first team bench will all play plus the 3 or 4 youngsters we have. Fife Cup is not our priority this season 😏

Makes sense with how you are going in the league. We played mainly a second string vs Raith last year but might be a bit stronger tonight. Hopefully a decent game! 

I imagine players like Pyper, Taylor, Valentine and possibly even Swann would get a run out.  Then again we've got a week off this weekend so a couple more players may feature.

Kelty likely to take this seriously?

28 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

I imagine players like Pyper, Taylor, Valentine and possibly even Swann would get a run out.  Then again we've got a week off this weekend so a couple more players may feature.

Kelty likely to take this seriously?

We have quite a few who haven't had many minutes lately such as McBride and Reilly. May well see them playing and a couple of youngsters. Hard to tell with Fergie as a couple of previous games where I've expected players to be rested we've been basically full strength.

how I would imagine we will likely shape up  :

Whyte

sneddon Pyper Todd valentine

taylor Miller Thomas Swann 

allan and (connelly) 

is connelly available for these fixtures? 

obviously there are other youngsters in and around the squad that I would imagine will make up the bench or either in centre mid rather than Kyle or Archie. 

2 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Makes sense with how you are going in the league. We played mainly a second string vs Raith last year but might be a bit stronger tonight. Hopefully a decent game! 

This will all be down to how strong a side either club fields. I suspect Kelty may field a stronger side and if so, I would make them favourites. However, we don't have a match for almost two weeks, so we may field a stronger than normal side. We will have to field some first team regulars, purely because we don't have a big enough squad to field a second string. Also, many of our fringe players are just school kids.

6 1st team players including the 2 boys on loan to St Andrews needing game time where scheduled to play, 2 have called off through injury yesterday. We will have a trialist playing who will sign with us after the match. Thomas Bragg played for Pars today and Ben Reilly short term deal has expired with him moving on.

1 hour ago, kefc said:

6 1st team players including the 2 boys on loan to St Andrews needing game time where scheduled to play, 2 have called off through injury yesterday. We will have a trialist playing who will sign with us after the match. Thomas Bragg played for Pars today and Ben Reilly short term deal has expired with him moving on.

A singing for the first team or 20s kefc? Should probably stop hijacking the Cowden thread 🤣

On 06/10/2019 at 17:18, Cowden Cowboy said:

Instead, we should maybe charge extra for the terracing Muzz - for the old school authentic Fitba experience!

Why not charge extra for the new stand?That’s what other clubs do. 1£ a headwould surely cover the cost of stewarding the terracing.

Maybe  even close the old stand, hardly ever is there a decent turnout there.

24 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Why not charge extra for the new stand?That’s what other clubs do. 1£ a headwould surely cover the cost of stewarding the terracing.

Maybe  even close the old stand, hardly ever is there a decent turnout there.

We used to do that. Sure it was a few quid extra for the stand. Think it was before the new stand existed though. That's what the turnstiles at the stand were for I think.

16 minutes ago, PELE said:

We used to do that. Sure it was a few quid extra for the stand. Think it was before the new stand existed though. That's what the turnstiles at the stand were for I think.

There’s a real danger of pissing fans off if they closed the terracing. Daftest thing I’ve heard.