COWDENBEATH 2019-20

23 minutes ago, PELE said:

Morrison played well today and made a crucial save.

Crying out for a few subs second half to take the game to Rovers and pose a threat.

We definitely need more threat up front if we want to challenge the top two, starting next week.

Morrison made a genuine world class save 5 mins into second half. Can’t really remember him having another save to make, but dealt with everything in terms of crosses/set pieces very comfortably and confidently. 

Can’t bash 5 straight league wins. Be interested to see how to get on next week against Edinburgh City. A Cowden win would be great thanks [emoji3]

I don’t think you need to be concerned about other results. Cove are taking care of things just fine. Absolute certainty to win the league.

Felt it was a very good win today. Albion looked like a decent side and they worked hard and didn’t give us much space. 

In times gone by we would have lost a goal towards the end of that game but gladly not today. 

The stand in keeper looks extremely good , so well done to Cowden for getting him in. Both he and the Rovers keeper pulled off cracking saves.

27 minutes ago, onecowden said:

I don’t think you need to be concerned about other results. Cove are taking care of things just fine. Absolute certainty to win the league.

Doing well so far. Cowden and Edinburgh City are notching up the wins which is good to see. Whoever’s in the playoffs would surely fancy their chances of going up to. Bottom of league 1 teams like Montrose and Stranraer look poor Tbh.

There is a good feeling around Central Park at the moment great credit to Gary, his staff & players. A tough shift today the boy stuck to the task and three points, a clean sheet & 5 wins on the trot couldn't ask for more.

Also off the park great to see the lounge busier with events and food samples from caterer who will be doing hospitality for us next week  the reviews very positive. We are building something need however to we bring more through the gate and also maximise what's on offer to fund the continual progress had some great suggestions today & will work on these.

With regard  to Albion Roves a good well drilled outfit who will be hard to beat and will cause problems and wouldn't be be surprised to see them push for a top 4 slot more than capable and as ever good decent people around the club I have a lot of respect for them & what Kevin Harper has done since appointed.

I thought yesterday’s game was going to be tough. I think Albion are one of the better teams in this league. To win with a clean sheet is a good result for me. I don’t think there is much between all of the teams this season (apart from the obvious) and picking up all these points in the first quarter is pleasing.

6 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Get Allan on for the next league game.

Was surprised we didn’t bring on any subs yesterday. If Allan played on the shoulder and looked to use his pace in behind he would be ideal for that kind of situation yesterday, but he always seems to want to come short for the ball which would have invited more pressure into us yesterday. 

48 minutes ago, Bluebrazilcfc said:

Was surprised we didn’t bring on any subs yesterday. If Allan played on the shoulder and looked to use his pace in behind he would be ideal for that kind of situation yesterday, but he always seems to want to come short for the ball which would have invited more pressure into us yesterday. 

Think Edinburgh City will be well pleased if he doesn’t start.

Well done to the players & Gary Bollan & the rest of the management  team for putting together five successive victories. We are playing some great football at the min. Nice to see us dig in and win against a well organised Albion Rovers team. In the recent past we would have lost a game like yesterday's.

Impressed with Archie Thomas, Kris Renton, Connor Smith, Fraser Mullan & Mango Barr over the last few games. My man of the match against Albion Rovers was Kyle Miller. Puts in a lot of effort and links the play nicely and not afraid to put his foot in. 

I think the team is being inspired by the greatest shirt worn by a Cowden side since, well, the last time this style was worn!

Can the club not keep the same top next year, but release a long-sleeve version (which is surely the only way this current shirt can be bettered) and maybe a red, yellow or white alternative in the same design as next season's new away kit?

Funny how people see the same things differently.I thought our midfield never really got going on Saturday, and Miller's distribution was terrible. Sitting on a one nil lead and time wasting with half an hour to go looked a very risky strategy, but our back three were terrific, as they have been all season. The one time iRovers  got through our keeper pulled off a great save.Like others I was surprised that we didn't use any substitutes, but five wins in a row, happy days

2 hours ago, iateallthepies said:

Funny how people see the same things differently.I thought our midfield never really got going on Saturday, and Miller's distribution was terrible. Sitting on a one nil lead and time wasting with half an hour to go looked a very risky strategy, but our back three were terrific, as they have been all season. The one time iRovers  got through our keeper pulled off a great save.Like others I was surprised that we didn't use any substitutes, but five wins in a row, happy days

Agree with this, I thought miller was extremely poor yesterday. And the other guys mentioned where nowhere near the standards they have set, in particular Thomas and Renton. 

Agree with this, I thought miller was extremely poor yesterday. And the other guys mentioned where nowhere near the standards they have set, in particular Thomas and Renton. 

We won, again. When we were losing every week sometimes we actually played well. We are winning now whilst sometimes not being at our best. I think that’s a much better place. Just saying.

12 hours ago, iateallthepies said:

Agree. Miller is poor most of the time. He gives the ball away regularly and suddenly we are up against it. He also tends to switch the play from an  attacking position to heading back towards our own goals. Our defence and keeper are making the difference. Mango is excellent at this level. We are frustrating the opposition more than anything.

However, we look toothless upfront most of the time. We won't keep on getting penalties. It would be good to see fast skillful attacking players like Taylor, Allan and Smith all on at the same time and feeding off each other. I would also like to see Swann in the midfield area.

If we are to challenge the top two, we need strikers scoring regularly. Saturday will be real test.