Agree with all that’s been said 

cox is a walking red card just now. It could be seen he was frustrated with ref who was shit but petulant diving in when on a yellow just gave the ref the chance he wanted.

The first goal is always important and we scored it. Nothing wrong with it and you can see the ref on the video signalling a goal. Has to be the Lino who has chalked it off but no idea why.

squad is very thin and Harvey looked like a hamstring pull so that’s a couple of weeks minimum. If Allan is a bad one too then we are down to bare bones already.

Andy Howat played against my amateur team last night. Blast from the past there. 

Edited by Muzza81

20 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Andy Howat played against my amateur team last night. Blast from the past there. 

did he roast you muz.....

7 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Who are we talking about here?

From Facebook

COWDENBEATH AND HEARTS AGREE LOAN DEAL FOR TALENTED LOCAL LADS

Cowdenbeath boss Gary Bollan today was pleased to conclude negotiations with Hearts and signed two of the Tynecastle club's young stars on loan until the January transfer window. Coming to Central Park are Chris Hamilton and Connor Smith - both of whom are local lads. Chris (18) is a defender and he has played for Scotland at under 21 level.  He lives in Kelty and attended Crossgates Primary and Beath High Schools before going on to the SFA Performance School at Broughton High in Edinburgh.  Chris made his first team debut towards the end of season 2017/18 and also had a loan spell at Berwick Rangers early last season.

Connor Smith (17) is from Cowdenbeath and is the younger brother of Dunfermline's Callum Smith. He is an attacking central midfielder and also a graduate of the SFA Performance School at Broughton High. He was previously a pupil at Broad Street and Beath High Schools. Connor has captained Scotland at under 17 level and made his mark in the Hearts first team with a fine display in the derby match v Hibs at the end of last season.  

We are really delighted to welcome two talented local lads to Central Park and we look forward to seeing them in a blue (and white) jersey. Grateful thanks go to Hearts in agreeing to these loan arrangements for the benefit all parties.

Great news on paper. Let's hope Bollan actually plays them rather than waste everyone's time by keeping their arses on the bench.

14 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Great news on paper. Let's hope Bollan actually plays them rather than waste everyone's time by keeping their arses on the bench.

Don't think Hearts would be loaning them out if they didn't expect them to get any game time.

Why say this - when the evidence is that most loan players do get played regularly when appropriate? Deas, Bollan, Dabrowski, Lennox (who got a run of games),

A much needed boost to the squad. Whether it works out or not, well done to all involved for making it happen. 

Delighted with the loan signings. Hearts obviously have quite a few talented youngsters. Hopefully it can be good for both parties.

3 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

From Facebook

COWDENBEATH AND HEARTS AGREE LOAN DEAL FOR TALENTED LOCAL LADS

Cowdenbeath boss Gary Bollan today was pleased to conclude negotiations with Hearts and signed two of the Tynecastle club's young stars on loan until the January transfer window. Coming to Central Park are Chris Hamilton and Connor Smith - both of whom are local lads. Chris (18) is a defender and he has played for Scotland at under 21 level.  He lives in Kelty and attended Crossgates Primary and Beath High Schools before going on to the SFA Performance School at Broughton High in Edinburgh.  Chris made his first team debut towards the end of season 2017/18 and also had a loan spell at Berwick Rangers early last season.

Connor Smith (17) is from Cowdenbeath and is the younger brother of Dunfermline's Callum Smith. He is an attacking central midfielder and also a graduate of the SFA Performance School at Broughton High. He was previously a pupil at Broad Street and Beath High Schools. Connor has captained Scotland at under 17 level and made his mark in the Hearts first team with a fine display in the derby match v Hibs at the end of last season.  

We are really delighted to welcome two talented local lads to Central Park and we look forward to seeing them in a blue (and white) jersey. Grateful thanks go to Hearts in agreeing to these loan arrangements for the benefit all parties.

Thanks for that. I don't do Facebook.

2 excellent signings both very highly thought off. Chris Hamilton plays central defence, I think he's a bit wee for there but he could be a very good defensive midfielder, Connor Smith can if looked after go right to the top but he can also drift out of games still young enough though.

Smith also has a bit of bite about him and can be a nasty wee shit. He could be one of the best players in the league on his day. Let’s hope we find a formation that suits the players we have now (ie not 442 imo). 

QUESTION TIME PART 187

Maybe a random request on this forum but there's a slight chance I can get to the game on Saturday, yet it's all dependent on getting some digs on Friday night. I've got a potential last-minute lift up later in in the week and a mate's gaff on Saturday sorted if needs be and really need my Cowden fix after a a near six-month absence.

With my search for that money tree proving futile, and accommodation this weekend proving unjustifiable, I'm going to ask...

Is there anyone who can offer us a floor/spare room/couch/shed to kip in or on for Friday night, and make it possible for me to make my pilgrimage  to Central Park on Saturday?

With this possibly being the only chance I get to visit Fife's Chicago before 2020, I'd be happy to pay for  any hospitality in alcohol and Jamaican cigarettes!