COWDENBEATH 2019-20

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

I can't believe I'm having to come to this forum to ask about a player but... Gary Fraser? Hardly inspiring to see us shopping in League 2 apparently but we got Pittman from the Juniors so I guess anything can happen

I was surprised to see him move up. He was good sometimes, but I didn't rate him as much as some others did. He didn't seem to have a lot of end product, but he was maybe too good for the players around him and may well fit in at a team with better quality.

Oops. There's gonna be a few folk at Stenny feeling a bit daft now! Does this mean 'Harvest Swan' might be staying with Cowden?

Will always be grateful to him for scoring the first from the spot, under such pressure, in the victory against Cove last year, and playing his part in such a memorable day in the end

What a farce this is. Stenhousemuir showing themselves to be a bunch here. Now there’s a player who wanted to leave Cowdenbeath who now can’t because unbelievably someone at Stenhousemuir doesn’t know or doesn’t care that compensation is due for players under 23. I feel for Harvey Swann here because he just wants to move on in his career. He obviously doesn’t want to play for us which is a shame, however it is reality. Shocking by Stenhousemuir, shameful.

3 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Hope this is the start of some beef with Stenny. Now we have lost the Berwick c***s we all need to join forces and focus our hate on a club in this league. I propose it to be ‘we are the best run club ever’ brigade. 

well if Von Hindenburg is still Chief Steward there I'll join in the hate... :rolleyes:

17 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

McCord is quality

Morton fans saying Gaston would get game at most championship teams

emoji53.png

I meant Gaston. If morton fans said then it must be true...

I received a few programmes recently, including a Hibs-Dunfermline one from the early 90s. On the Pars page its signed by former (albeit briefly) Cowden boss Bert Paton and Norrie McCathie, who I noticed also started out with Cowdenbeath.

Does anyone have any memories of him, either playing for the Dumb-vermin v the Cows, or previously with Cowden... and does anyone know if his death was deemed to be accidental or suicide?

9 minutes ago, Drifter said:

I received a few programmes recently, including a Hibs-Dunfermline one from the early 90s. On the Pars page its signed by former (albeit briefly) Cowden boss Bert Paton and Norrie McCathie, who I noticed also started out with Cowdenbeath.

Does anyone have any memories of him, either playing for the Dumb-vermin v the Cows, or previously with Cowden... and does anyone know if his death was deemed to be accidental or suicide?

was accidental. Im sure a lady died also?

53 minutes ago, Cowden_T.I.D said:

We will end up with darren hill released by arbroath and bollan has worked with him before

Muz would be raging. Used to give this lad PELTERS.... saying that who hasnt felt his wrath...???

Muz would be raging. Used to give this lad PELTERS.... saying that who hasnt felt his wrath...???

Its just a guess but its something i can see us doing , heard we were in for buchs as well but hes just signed for alloa which is disappointing

Harvey Swann

Posted June 7, 2019

Supporters and others may be aware of an assertion by Stenhousemuir FC that appeared to suggest the signing of Harvey Swann. This was prominently displayed by the Club on its website followed by an assertion that it had decided not to continue with the signing because of the amount of compensation being claimed by Cowdenbeath FC. Neither of these claims were accurate.

Harvey was our player and was not in a position to sign for another Club. He has been offered a new contract and if he decided to go elsewhere then Cowdenbeath will be entitled to a measure of compensation but NO discussions had taken place between Cowdenbeath and Stenhousemuir.

Chairman Donald Findlay commented, “I am deeply unimpressed by the actions of Stenhousemuir FC. This not how we do business and I have made my views known to their Chairman who apologised. However, I am more concerned about the impact of all of this on Harvey. The welfare of all our staff is of paramount importance. I am very sorry if this has proved to be upsetting for him and we will do what we can for him. That said the blame will lie at the door of Stenhousemuir not us”.