COWDENBEATH 2019-20

1 hour ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

Teacakes and Wagon Wheels are sh*t. I'm not a huge fan of Caramel Wafers either but they are the best of the three. 

In terms of wafer based confectionery, you can't beat a Time Out. 

Now that, Mr Owens, is a great shout. Changed the wafer-eating world forever with the Time Out

Anyone know if there is seating at Linlithgow's ground?

Think you might have to pay an extra £1 to gain entry to the stand (I’m sure that was the story when we played there in the cup a few seasons ago). Nice ground though.

8 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

aye,its a cracking ground

It is a cracking wee ground, decent set up. I played there around 10 years ago and the floodlights were shite, hopefully they have been upgraded since then. I had a poor game that night and I still blame it on the floodlights!

11 hours ago, dee_62 said:

Think you might have to pay an extra £1 to gain entry to the stand (I’m sure that was the story when we played there in the cup a few seasons ago). Nice ground though.

Its Hearts game so it would be up to them as you say Lithgae add on an extra quid for their own games.

3 hours ago, big al said:

It is a cracking wee ground, decent set up. I played there around 10 years ago and the floodlights were shite, hopefully they have been upgraded since then. I had a poor game that night and I still blame it on the floodlights!

Floodlights are brand new they would put a lot of SPFL lower league ones to shame 

On 10/08/2019 at 06:52, big al said:

On 10/08/2019 at 10:11, cowdenbeath said:

Floodlights are brand new they would put a lot of SPFL lower league ones to shame 

Probably be too bright for Big Al next time he plays there ;) 

I know Hearts U21s thumped Albion Rovers last week but Albion’s team that night bore very little resemblance to the one that played Cove. However we are 5/2 with Betfred to win tomorrow night. Surely that is too big. It all depends which team we put out but we don’t have a huge squad. Surely we can beat Hearts under 21s with something resembling our first team.

Edit to add - I’ve been tempted.

19 hours ago, onecowden said:

I know Hearts U21s thumped Albion Rovers last week but Albion’s team that night bore very little resemblance to the one that played Cove. However we are 5/2 with Betfred to win tomorrow night. Surely that is too big. It all depends which team we put out but we don’t have a huge squad. Surely we can beat Hearts under 21s with something resembling our first team.

Edit to add - I’ve been tempted.

id like to think we could but am I correct in saying that last few years the colt teams were u/20, being u21 this year may make a big difference

id like to think we could but am I correct in saying that last few years the colt teams were u/20, being u21 this year may make a big difference

Excellent point. Well the money is on so no turning back now. Thankfully not too much.

23 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

I also think I read that Hearts at Cliftonhill fielded a side where all eleven players had first team experience

Indeed.  

Hearts Colts: Doyle, Logan, Baur, Hamilton, Petkov, Burns, C Smith, Cochrane, Keena, McDonald, Henderson. Subs: Ritchie, Stone, Currie, Ward, Makovora, McGill.

Spoiler

Colin Doyle in goals is 33 and has played 4 times for Ireland.
Cammy Logan has played for the first team
Danny Baur has played a few times for the first team but was on loan at Albion when they were in league 1
Chris Hamilton has barely featured for the first team and had a short loan spell at Berwick last season
Alex Petkov has been on the bench mainly for the first team as well as a short loan spell at Berwick
Bobby Burns has played numerous times and scored for the first team
Connor Smith started a derby towards the end of last season
Harry Cochrane we all know about. Has dominated games against Celtic previously
Aiden Keena was on loan at Dunfermline last year and impressed
Anthony McDonald has mainly been on loan at ICT
Euan Henderson was on loan at Montrose last year

So basically the whole of their starting 11 versus Albion are used to playing at a higher level!