COWDENBEATH 2019-20

1 hour ago, onecowden said:

Unfortunately i do remember the days when we had a great Cup record against clubs higher than us. I remember beating St Mirren 3-0 in the Scottish Cup in the 70s/early 80s. Also we beat them in the league Cup as well in the 80s 2-0. I also remeber Hamilton 3-0. Dunfermline 4-0. The league Cup semi final in 1970 being the highlight although i do concede we lost that one to Rangers. We beat Falkirk in the two leg quarter final. Great days. 

I can remember the 3-0 over St Mirren back in 76 one of my early Cowden memories  Fergie was their boss no doubt an early run out for his hair dryer:lol: Also the game in 84 against them after beating Partick Thistle the week before. Didn't Ramie not save a penalty from McAvennie that night.

15 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I can remember the 3-0 over St Mirren back in 76 one of my early Cowden memories  Fergie was their boss no doubt an early run out for his hair dryer:lol: Also the game in 84 against them after beating Partick Thistle the week before. Didn't Ramie not save a penalty from McAvennie that night.

Yes he did when it was 1-0 I think. We got drawn against them again in the Scottish Cup that season and we got thumped 4-0 at home. They were fired up for that game.

Just now, onecowden said:

Yes he did when it was 1-0 I think. We got drawn against them again in the Scottish Cup that season and we got thumped 4-0 at home. They were fired up for that game.

Aye I was at that as well.

3 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Recruitment?? More cash required then - not just a shopping list!

Always still wonder why folk think we have some money tree where the club just picks some money off at a whim to sign players. Thought most folk would have known the score on than by now.

I’m sure we all understand the money situation. I wish I had loads but I don’t unfortunately. I think Drifters comments were for discussion and not a demand. However Euromillions tonight. You never know. However I won’t write the cheque just yet.

The guy was just trying to get a bit of debate prior to the season starting he was hardly demanding we sign players immediately.

Football is allowed to be fun as well lads, or should everyone be silent and just accept everything tor what it is.

Everyone is also well aware of the issues that we face and our limitations, it doesn't mean people cant talk about where we are light in terms of players/quality etc.

1 hour ago, onecowden said:

I’m sure we all understand the money situation. I wish I had loads but I don’t unfortunately. I think Drifters comments were for discussion and not a demand. However Euromillions tonight. You never know. However I won’t write the cheque just yet.

41 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

The guy was just trying to get a bit of debate prior to the season starting he was hardly demanding we sign players immediately.

Football is allowed to be fun as well lads, or should everyone be silent and just accept everything tor what it is.

Everyone is also well aware of the issues that we face and our limitations, it doesn't mean people cant talk about where we are light in terms of players/quality etc.

I know he was just trying to get a debate going maybe myself and Cowden Cowboy were just being too realistic. 

I know the squad is a bit light Muzz but I would imagine like other seasons we will bring in either loan signings or free agents in as the season progresses. Last season we probably made better signings during the season than we did in the summer.

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Always still wonder why folk think we have some money tree where the club just picks some money off at a whim to sign players. Thought most folk would have known the score on than by now.

The West Fife Magic Money Tree:

1411626782_moneytree.jpg.9d7a05b6a8394b086fd8acb104a6925c.jpg

Right Side: Kelty

Left Side: Cowdenbeath....

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

I know he was just trying to get a debate going maybe myself and Cowden Cowboy were just being too realistic. 

I know the squad is a bit light Muzz but I would imagine like other seasons we will bring in either loan signings or free agents in as the season progresses. Last season we probably made better signings during the season than we did in the summer.

You get criticised then for having too many players

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

cfc.jpg

Excuse me administrator but could you please ask the person who posted this to stop spamming our site. 

🤔

"Can this shite be removed please admin. I realise this is a busy and red hot thread but that doesn't make it an easy option for spamming. @keithgy Are you still a mod can you remove the above it is not SFC related. Cheers." 

Edited by silkybeath

3 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

You get criticised then for having too many players

That is true if we had anymore coming in I wouldn't expect there to be too much. We were probably bare bones at the end of last season and had a good run. Can't have too much players with not having a regular reserve side end up with too much guys just sitting on the bench or stand.

From last season's squad which finished 6th, we have lost McGurn Deas Bollan Fraser Malcolm and signed Dubrowski Valentine Herd Barr Thomas Taylor and we will have Allen for the whole season. I think our  midfield looks better with more pace and players willing to run forward with the ball. If we can keep it on the ground Cox and Allen  will cause plenty of problems. A lot will depend on how the keeper and Barr perform. I think we can challenge for the playoffs.