1 minute ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

If Harvey Swann is unlikely to play again for Cowdenbeath, what'll happen to him? Will he move elsewhere this summer?

Surely you will need to ask Harvey Swann that. He is not a signed Cowdenbeath player.

1 hour ago, iateallthepies said:

Good article in the programme on Tuesday explaining the Harvey Swann situation in full and answering the questions I and others no doubt have had. It doesn't look like Harvey will be coming back which is a shame, as the left back position looks up for grabs. Other than that the new signings are shaping up well and if our key players can stay injury free, and we don't pick up too many suspensions(Mullen  wasted no time in getting his card collection underway), then I don't see any reason why we can't challenge at the right end of the table.

What did it say about his reason(s) for not wanting to sign with Cowden?

Nothing. But it does say the manager, chairman and others have tried to contact him but he's not answering. Don't know what else we can do.

4 minutes ago, iateallthepies said:

Nothing. But it does say the manager, chairman and others have tried to contact him but he's not answering. Don't know what else we can do.

Ok, cheers.

If true, he’s not helping himself either then.

Seem to recall we lost a goal against Clyde last season by someone stealing about a quarter of the pitch.

It’s the same for both teams though. In the grand scheme of things stealing 10 yards on a throw in your own half is pretty irrelevant and not worth getting worked up about. 

3 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Seem to recall we lost a goal against Clyde last season by someone stealing about a quarter of the pitch.

That’s the one I was thinking of. Ridiculous.

8 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

If Harvey Swann is unlikely to play again for Cowdenbeath, what'll happen to him? Will he move elsewhere this summer?

I'd doubt that the clubs who could afford the standard compensation would be interested in Swann. They probably have much better in their youth ranks already.  He wasn't as good as some folk on here make out. 

7 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

That’s the one I was thinking of. Ridiculous.

We conceded from a throw in and it’s the referee to blame? It’s yards on the touchline ffs. 

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

We’re you there?

It doesn't matter.  Both sets of teams do it every game and it's not worth getting upset about.  

4 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

It doesn't matter.  Both sets of teams do it every game and it's not worth getting upset about.  

Yes they do and until it actually resulted in a goal for the opposition it didn’t bother me that much. Might as well say throw ins can be taken wherever players want to take them. Free kicks too.

1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

its all about the ref setting his stall out,if the ref tells players to take from a place and they ignore him&he lets them off with it,theyll take the piss everywhere else on the pitch too.

Edited by highlandcowden

2 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Yes they do and until it actually resulted in a goal for the opposition it didn’t bother me that much. Might as well say throw ins can be taken wherever players want to take them. Free kicks too.

Well no that's just nonsense.  However a player moving 4 or 5 yards along the touchline isn't going to make much of a difference if your defence is organised.

I won't even comment on the free kick bit.

Just now, The Minertaur said:

Well no that's just nonsense.  However a player moving 4 or 5 yards along the touchline isn't going to make much of a difference if your defence is organised.

I won't even comment on the free kick bit.

The whole point was that it wasn't four or five yards. More like twenty!  I'd never seen anyone getting away with something like that and if we had not lost a goal at that point it would have been long forgotten.

If you were there, saw it and it doesn't bother you, that's OK. 

Better just leave it at that.

Order went in as soon as it went on the site today. A thing of beauty right enough😁 Had to buy a 4XL though, as definitely made on the small side😂

7BC64C25-A135-4254-84D1-1970B36E182F.jpeg

7 minutes ago, cowden boy said:

About time we got our back up keeper sorted, would imagine the odd loan is all we’ll be looking at now

Signed a back up keeper today.

No Crag Barr tonight. Injured?

Edit to add. Just found out he is suspended.