25 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Seemed to go well looking at the number of folk coming out of the shop and folk going about in them. Good to see a few young fans with the new top need to get the young fan base built up again.

Yeah. I have never seen so many new shirts on the day of release and as you say, lots of younger fans wearing them.

I’m not going to comment on our performance as we won’t be playing Premier League teams every week (thankfully). We were easily second best but our keeper was excellent all night and had a few really good saves. One in particular was point blank and top drawer. He looks a unit and will save us a few points this season.

Losing 2-0 to Hearts isn't too bad, but it is still frustrating that we didn't really threaten them. Personally, I would have had Cox, Allan and Sheerin on and had a go at them. We sat too deep and they simply knocked it past us anyway. I would rather have a real go and take the risk of a bad loss in the hope that the tactic works occasionally and we get the odd shock result. 
Even though Hearts were nothing special, it could easily have been a heavy defeat if it was not for Dabrowski.

Sheerin has 5 metal staples in his head and couldn't come on - Allan was carrying a little knock

10 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Sheerin has 5 metal staples in his head and couldn't come on - Allan was carrying a little knock

I guessed Allan was, as he has not featured too much in recent games.

Sheerin is a machine. I could picture him ripping the staples out and running on to terrify the Hearts defence.

2 hours ago, PELE said:

Sheerin is a machine. I could picture him ripping the staples out and running on to terrify the Hearts defence.

Why are you so obsessed with Jordyn Sheerin? He's not the player that you are described, he's unfit and shouldn't be anywhere near the team in his current condition. 

The Hearts defence would laugh at him if he came in. 

Being an avid member of the Jordyn Sheeting fan club, I have just one concern. That stunning home shirt is gonna look like a Sheffield Wednesday top when he does eventually squeeze into it for a match!

To say Renton didn’t have a decent game last night is very unfair.

He worked really hard, won headers, closed down centre half’s and got the ball back a few times, used the ball keeping possession regularly and brought others into play.

He is playing against 1 of the biggest clubs in the country with international players. We are under the cosh at times and hardly dictating play so I have no idea what else is expected of him. 

The limited edition top is a must have !

btw I watched the east fife highlights, looks like the ref hasn’t read the new rules on penalties. The keeper half a yard off his line when Jordan Allan kicked the ball.

What's happened to Robbie Deas? Thought he was going on loan to Arbroath.

Hear we are in for some loans from Celtic but doubt he's one now after signing Wilson. Dunno if there would've ever been anything to it either Ricky Little and ToB wouldn't be getting split up

12 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Hear we are in for some loans from Celtic but doubt he's one now after signing Wilson. Dunno if there would've ever been anything to it either Ricky Little and ToB wouldn't be getting split up

Looks like Arbroath don’t need any more defenders. Take him at Cowden tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Brazilianlex said:

The limited edition top is a must have !

btw I watched the east fife highlights, looks like the ref hasn’t read the new rules on penalties. The keeper half a yard off his line when Jordan Allan kicked the ball.

The rule hasn’t really changed too much, the only outcry is because of VAR’s enforcement of it. We won’t see any difference at lower league level aside from exceptional circumstances.

43 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I  heard maybe Raith.

10 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

The rule hasn’t really changed too much, the only outcry is because of VAR’s enforcement of it. We won’t see any difference at lower league level aside from exceptional circumstances.

agreed,the refs will continue to enforce what they want and ignore what they want as they always have done

8 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

agreed,the refs will continue to enforce what they want and ignore what they want as they always have done

Throw-ins are a joke , especially at our level. Not unusual for players to steal 15-20 yds, fans will make noises , the refs tell the players to go back,then the players just go back to where they want. Meantime the linesperson does hee haw.

It’s the same for both teams though. In the grand scheme of things stealing 10 yards on a throw in your own half is pretty irrelevant and not worth getting worked up about. 

Good article in the programme on Tuesday explaining the Harvey Swann situation in full and answering the questions I and others no doubt have had. It doesn't look like Harvey will be coming back which is a shame, as the left back position looks up for grabs. Other than that the new signings are shaping up well and if our key players can stay injury free, and we don't pick up too many suspensions(Mullen  wasted no time in getting his card collection underway), then I don't see any reason why we can't challenge at the right end of the table.

2 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

It’s the same for both teams though. In the grand scheme of things stealing 10 yards on a throw in your own half is pretty irrelevant and not worth getting worked up about. 

Doesn't make it right though and some teams are much worse than others. 

1 minute ago, iateallthepies said:

Good article in the programme on Tuesday explaining the Harvey Swann situation in full and answering the questions I and others no doubt have had. It doesn't look like Harvey will be coming back which is a shame, as the left back position looks up for grabs. Other than that the new signings are shaping up well and if our key players can stay injury free, and we don't pick up too many suspensions(Mullen  wasted no time in getting his card collection underway), then I don't see any reason why we can't challenge at the right end of the table.

Another big defender would be good.