Surely it’s in everyone’s interests if Bollan sits down with Swann and sorts this out. A stand off like this helps nobody and hurts Swann the  most but also the club.

Work out together how to help Swann regain a place in the team. Get him in love with playing again if that’s faded, it can’t be that hard nurture a lad who can play a bit. If there’s been any issues between them then fresh slate and start again. Spell out what is expected of him and work together to get him playing again. 

Hes good enough to play for us, and we have given him a chance in football over a period of time now so he owes to knuckle down if nobody else signs him and Bollan owes him a fresh start.

Edited by big al

I would usually side with the club on this but for this instance I am not. The player clearly doesnt fit in with Bollans plans. I assume the club has offered a contract to protect them and be due compensation.

The player wants to move. The manager although will say the right things clearly doesnt want to play him week in week out. The player is a young lad who just wants to play. Its a real catch 22 and if the club stays firm harvey will have no choice but to sign another contract with club so he can continue to train and play the odd game.

If I was harvey I would sign with cowden and ask he be loaned somewhere to keep playing and be brought back for emergencies. Hopefully loan club can pay his wages. Then if he does well at another club others wouldnt be put off paying compensation a year down the line.

Swanns development is being curtailed here no doubt. He should work harder and be better but if you are in an environment where you feel its difficult with the manager and the embarrasment of the stenny episode the young lad is clearly low on confidence. 

We need to support him here best we can.

New post for all fans. Realistic ambitions for the season.. What should they be? Promotion/Title/play offs/ mid table security?

I personally think this league wont be as good as last year and we have a better chance overall of finishing higher up. I think anything less than 4th is a bad season for us.

Dont think we are strong enough for a title charge but certainly being 2-3rd or 4th is achievable.

To be realistically challenging for the promotion playoffs would do me. There doesn’t look to be much of a difference in a lot of sides and all will have similar aspirations so it should be a pretty entertaining league. You would only really say that Edinburgh City not winning the league would be considered a failure, any other club (even Cove) would take the playoffs I reckon. 

I'd like to think that we'll be top half this season but it's too early to accurately predict. Loan signings will be crucial for us.

Nobody is anywhere near as strong as Edinburgh City currently while clubs like Brechin, Cove and Queens Park are still a bit unknown - Cove will fancy top 2 though.  Stenhousemuir will be top 4. Stirling will be close to them. Elgin too if Sutherland bothers his arse. Annan always good.

I imagine we'll be above Albion Rovers but that's it!

I personally don’t ever see us realistically challenging under Bollan, too negative and too much hoofball.

I also don’t see us being in serious bother under him bar an outrageous bit of bad luck with injuries etc.

The conundrum does then become stick and be happy with constant 5th-8th’s, or twist and risk the worst.

On 06/07/2019 at 23:17, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

When I seen sheer in warming up I actually thought it was a guy who's won a raffle and the prize was a place on the bench for a friendly. I've seen big units play in the lower leagues, but he really is some size.

Anybody who thinks Sheerin doesn't contribute much should read the quotes by Cove defenders in the Evening Express. Still counting the bruises apparently.

The big question I have re Swann - what happened after Stenny deal fell through? Did Harvey contact Cowden to say he wanted to re-sign or has he got some other irons in the fire? 

There are no trialists allowed in the Betfred Cup so you need to have signed players - the manager can’t really just wait for weeks on end to sign players offered a deal. The club can't sit around waiting for Swann.

Really worried about the keeper. McGurn saved us on so many occasions the last couple of seasons. Don't see many good reviews for the new lad.

50 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

The big question I have re Swann - what happened after Stenny deal fell through? Did Harvey contact Cowden to say he wanted to re-sign or has he got some other irons in the fire? 

There are no trialists allowed in the Betfred Cup so you need to have signed players - the manager can’t really just wait for weeks on end to sign players offered a deal. The club can't sit around waiting for Swann.

Hes a young lad does he have representation.. ? if he is a free agent and not even training with us. Why arent we making the first steps.. Text him call him. Say look come in today and lets sit down and discuss. Then if he wants to move explain the repercussions of if no one is willing to pay compensation for him he will be out of football for a while unless he plays amateur for someone..

He needs help and advice and as a club we should support him through a difficult period. Even if he wants to go (which I dont blame) perhaps as a club we should morally say ok lets lower our compensation offer to x or y when it was z before... Maybe more teams would be interested then.

3 minutes ago, NELLY said:

Hes a young lad does he have representation.. ? if he is a free agent and not even training with us. Why arent we making the first steps.. Text him call him. Say look come in today and lets sit down and discuss. Then if he wants to move explain the repercussions of if no one is willing to pay compensation for him he will be out of football for a while unless he plays amateur for someone..

He needs help and advice and as a club we should support him through a difficult period. Even if he wants to go (which I dont blame) perhaps as a club we should morally say ok lets lower our compensation offer to x or y when it was z before... Maybe more teams would be interested then.

I can guarantee 100% that the club will have tried to contract Harvey. Why wouldn't we? We offered him a contract so wanted to keep him and I'd be surprised if that had changed.

35 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Couple of new signings being announced soon.

They both look about 12.

Bollan might not rate Swann but he is a lot better than Valentine. We can't start the season with Valentine as the only left back option.

Another Pollock, has CowdenCowboy traced a link to the club founders yet?:)

16 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Another Pollock, has CowdenCowboy traced a link to the club founders yet?:)

He will be fishing through his records now.