COWDENBEATH 2019-20

1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

Would be nice to win a game at Tynecastle if we got the chance.

Simply must win it 10-0 if they somehow beat Albion.

Cant imagine they will play at Tynecastle, Oriam more likely.

6 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Is there an enclosed ground with facilities to accommodate paying spectators at Oriam? 

One seated stand for 500. The Tunnocks Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup under a roof. Would be different I spose, and I hope they dish out free wafers for those who bother turning up

14 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Is there an enclosed ground with facilities to accommodate paying spectators at Oriam? 

Im not sure I've never been, there is certainly a stand. I'd be surprised if they play us at Tyncastle though. It's a tie no one really wants to attend.

Im not sure I've never been, there is certainly a stand. I'd be surprised if they play us at Tyncastle though. It's a tie no one really wants to attend.

Can't see it being at Oriam - can't play indoors in SPFL regulated match and you would also need a properly enclosed ground with turnstiles, toilets, catering, etc

17 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Can't see it being at Oriam - can't play indoors in SPFL regulated match and you would also need a properly enclosed ground with turnstiles, toilets, catering, etc

Oriam outdoors where Hearts normally play reserve games has 3 wee double sided stands for each pitch with probably 150 seats on each side. No other facilities you wouldn't get to play a Challenge Cup game there. As mentioned they played at Tynecastle last season in the same cup just opened the main stand.

48 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

They'll play at Tynie they play Scottish Youth Cup ties there never mind Challenge Cup games.

2 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Oriam outdoors where Hearts normally play reserve games has 3 wee double sided stands for each pitch with probably 150 seats on each side. No other facilities you wouldn't get to play a Challenge Cup game there. As mentioned they played at Tynecastle last season in the same cup just opened the main stand.

So where would Heriot watt have played had they finished in top 4 of lowland league?

Edited by Him
Spelling error

2 minutes ago, Him said:

So where would Heriot watt have played had they finished in top 4 of lowland league?

Their not in the Lowland League and wouldn't get in without facilities inside the enclosed pitch. If they had everything up to scratch and the ground was good enough for a license and the Lowland League the answer to your original question would be Oriam Outdoors.

9 minutes ago, big al said:

Would the club really want Wrexham away? Sounds expensive considering the attendances are low in this cup.

No idea about the club, we would probably lose some money, but it would be class to get an out of Scotland team. The only point in the Challenge cup is a decent away day.  

8 minutes ago, big al said:

Would the club really want Wrexham away? Sounds expensive considering the attendances are low in this cup.

I never said away! 

They are the best supported out of the guest clubs 5077 league average last season. You get money from SPFL for cross border games.

2 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I never said away! 

They are the best supported out of the guest clubs 5077 league average last season. You get money from SPFL for cross border games.

Think you get up to £4k from the SPFL for an away game to the likes of Wrexham. Sure The townies lost money when they went to Boreham Wood.

Just now, PELE said:

Think you get up to £4k from the SPFL for an away game to the likes of Wrexham. Sure The townies lost money when they went to Boreham Wood.

Aye but didn't they spend a fortune on flying down.

Main reason I would like us to get Wrexham, apart from a possible trip there or playing them at CP, is one of the guys who takes a programme subscription from me works with them so it would be nice for him the 2 clubs meeting.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Aye but didn't they spend a fortune on flying down.

Main reason I would like us to get Wrexham, apart from a possible trip there or playing them at CP, is one of the guys who takes a programme subscription from me works with them so it would be nice for him the 2 clubs meeting.

We would do it on the cheap. Old bus driven by CC and stop overnight in a service station halfway for a sleep.