COWDENBEATH 2019-20

2 minutes ago, Cowden_T.I.D said:

Liam Jackson who stepped in as bluebell at times has sadly passed away , Rip to a great man

Yeah I just seen the press release from the club.  Terrible news.  

Cowdenbeath FC is so very deeply upset and saddened to learn of the death of Liam Jackson.  Liam of course was a great Cowden fan and in his alter ego was the club’s mascot - Bluebell the Coo.

Deepest condolences go out to all Liam’s family and friends on this devastating news.  The hearts of everyone at Central Park and all Cowdenbeath FC fans go out to you.  Liam was a true fan and he did so much for this club and his loss will hit home to so many.  He helped make match day at Central Park a pleasure for so many.  Please spare a thought for Liam’s family and friends in these most difficult days 

7 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

:lol:

You have to be an absolute moron to not realise that Donald Findlay came across about 100 times better than both Levein and English on the podcast.  

Can either of you say which parts of what Donald said did you not agree with? What was so cringey? 

I'd urge all Cowden fans to give the pod a listen as it's great entertainment.

This. Donald came across very well and put forward the points he made in a coherent and measured way. Just who is that pratt English ?

My condolences to Liam's family. Terrible news.

Edited by ronaldincoo

Craig Levein came across very bitter, saying next time Cowden want a player off hearts on loan, it will hopefully be a no, also saying our form, we wouldn't got play off's, silly statement too, we were still well in it, you would never thought he was former Cowden way he was talking on there, i can understand why Hearts will feel hard done by with the season finishing early but for a club of that size to be below a  St Mirrren or Hamilton is poor, he doesn't see Donald was saying these are unfortunate circumstances with this virus, shutting the World down, not just football, I only hear one idiot on that podcast

Edited by SuperCowden

15 hours ago, SuperCowden said:

Craig Levein came across very bitter, saying next time Cowden want a player off hearts on loan, it will hopefully be a no, also saying our form, we wouldn't got play off's, silly statement too, we were still well in it, you would never thought he was former Cowden way he was talking on there, i can understand why Hearts will feel hard done by with the season finishing early but for a club of that size to be below a  St Mirrren or Hamilton is poor, he doesn't see Donald was saying these are unfortunate circumstances with this virus, shutting the World down, not just football, I only hear one idiot on that podcast

I heard 2 - both Levein and English come across very badly.

On 16/06/2020 at 09:16, The Minertaur said:

:lol:

You have to be an absolute moron to not realise that Donald Findlay came across about 100 times better than both Levein and English on the podcast.  

Can either of you say which parts of what Donald said did you not agree with? What was so cringey? 

I'd urge all Cowden fans to give the pod a listen as it's great entertainment.

You won’t get a response because there is no substance or detail behind their “ opinion “.

Levein comes across as a petulant child  who insinuates that Cowdenbeath won’t get players on loan from Hearts again because of their stance on this. I hope he has a hit list of the other clubs who voted against the proposal  to pass on to his granny Budge. This is the man who played a Scotland team without a striker so perhaps we should consider his views  with that in mind. 
English clearly isn’t the brightest bulb in the box and has a pre prepared agenda which he can’t deviate from. The standard of journalism at BBC Scotland is in a worse state of decline than Scottish football if this is the best they have to offer. 
Donald Findlay may not be everyone’s cup of tea but i always find that he speaks with integrity, honesty and without fear. He is clearly an intelligent man and Cowdenbeath are extremely lucky to have him and the rest of our board.

Of course there were losers in finishing the league early  and we may well have had a shot at promotion through the play offs but democracy is about majority opinion. If the season were called void then other clubs like Raith Rovers ,Dundee Utd and Cove Rangers would have felt cheated. 

Edited by Only coo in the village

You won’t get a response because there is no substance or detail behind their “ opinion “.

Ok, I’m man enough to admit when I’m wrong and big enough to put my hands up and say so.

My original comment on the matter was based on a few soundbites that the BBC had posted on Facebook or Twitter (can’t remember which one) but having now listened to the full podcast, it was obviously selective editing on the BBC’s part.

I got it wrong folks, my mistake and I totally retract my earlier post, good to hear someone on a national platform, defend clubs in the lower leagues.

4 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Ok, I’m man enough to admit when I’m wrong and big enough to put my hands up and say so.

My original comment on the matter was based on a few soundbites that the BBC had posted on Facebook or Twitter (can’t remember which one) but having now listened to the full podcast, it was obviously selective editing on the BBC’s part.

I got it wrong folks, my mistake and I totally retract my earlier post, good to hear someone on a national platform, defend clubs in the lower leagues.

Well I done mate.

Credit to you.

5 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Now if you could just have a word with this Tom English twat...........