COWDENBEATH 2019-20

4 hours ago, Cowden_T.I.D said:

Season is obviously over now who would you guys like to see retained and released from the current squad ?

It's quite hard to say - who would we release?  There's nobody really who doesn't have a good chance of getting in the team when they are on form.

As always though I'll say Robbie Buchanan :lol: 

13 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

It's quite hard to say - who would we release?  There's nobody really who doesn't have a good chance of getting in the team when they are on form.

As always though I'll say Robbie Buchanan :lol: 

You’ll be wrong. Don’t know why you don’t like the guy.

25 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

You’ll be wrong. Don’t know why you don’t like the guy.

I don't make many games but when I do he's anonymous.  Not good when given time to think.

All done well this season, hopefully try keep hold of most them, we were very good at home this season, dont like to single players out but Valentine has to be let go, he is young but his positioning and marking at times, was frightening anytime he came on

All done well this season, hopefully try keep hold of most them, we were very good at home this season, dont like to single players out but Valentine has to be let go, he is young but his positioning and marking at times, was frightening anytime he came on

If you didn’t like to single out players then you wouldn’t have. However you did.

I reckon this could get promotion:

Mullen, Barr, Hamilton and Swann

2 new midfielders of their caliber along with 2 existing ones

1 new striker of same caliber plus 2 from the 3 of Allan/Cox/Renton (so 1 has to go) 

No sure about the keeper

Simple really 🤣🤣

4 hours ago, big al said:

I reckon this could get promotion:

Mullen, Barr, Hamilton and Swann

2 new midfielders of their caliber along with 2 existing ones

1 new striker of same caliber plus 2 from the 3 of Allan/Cox/Renton (so 1 has to go) 

No sure about the keeper

Simple really 🤣🤣

No Todd???

Bollan saying he is keen to stay on as manager. Good move in my opinion. He’s improved us in the time he’s been in charge and deserves a chance to hopefully continue this improvement. There are lots of uncertainty at the moment I do concede but getting the manager on a new deal would get rid of one issue.

17 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

No Todd???

Never said get rid of Todd 😜
Keep him but would only start for me if 3 centre defenders was the formation. 
Somebody ask what we think, and basically I think 3 signings and Cowden would at least be as good as Edinburgh City who were 2nd. 
Hard to get those signings though to make the difference middle to front.

Would say go for the title but QP I think have a lot of cash with their change of status and stadium so they may possibly be like Cove were, who knows?

this is open forum Onecowden, not good player, from what ive seen, battlers suit our style of play

Yes. This is indeed an open forum. That part of your post I understand completely. The rest I have no idea who or what you are talking about.

Like others, I am not a big fan of Buchanan, but the manager clearly rates him  and he knows a lot more about football than me .Miller is another one who drives me crazy sometimes, I really like him but I feel he is capable of so much more. It was a good stroke of luck for us to get Morrison he looks very accomplished. I really hope we can hold on to him.

I voted Todd for my player of the year. I thought Barr had done fantastic but what you'd have expected from him. But, I felt that Todd went from a bit of a bombs are in his first few months with us to being this really confident defender who knew when to put the boot in when needed. No doubt mango has brought out the best in him and deserved the accolade but I feel Todd should get praise for the way he cemented himself as a first choice CB

• 3 weeks later...

Whilst most on here have probably seen these, I've just placed my order and can't wait to get into a much-needed distraction from all the current shite going on in the world, and game. Well done to Dave for getting these produced and hopefully they can help earn the club a few much-needed quid before we return to, er, the 'new normal'!

And for those who haven't seen it yet but want to get some guaranteed good reading, here's the link for where to order...

cowdenhistory1.jpg

cowdenhistory2.jpg

cowdenhistory3.jpg

13 hours ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

The Cowdenbeath FC Goal Of The Season is on Facebook and Twitter.

Tough choice - some good team goals.

Very few actual screamers this season.  Goal G is a great team goal but it's let down in my eyes by the fact it's a bit of a scrambled finish.  Cox's overhead kick for me but I'm well aware most folk will pick goal G!