COWDENBEATH 2019-20

26 minutes ago, Blue Oktober said:

Super big thanks to all the players and a huge thank you to Aaron Marshal & Ross Cunningham for making this happen loving your work & stay safe.

Superb 

well done to the media guys and fantastic stuff from the players. What a great bunch of guys. ❤️

I suppose it all depends on the financial situation of the clubs and how soon we get back to playing. Personally I would be gutted if we didn't get to take our chances in the playoffs. Finish the season cup finals and all, have a couple of weeks break so  clubs could get their signings sorted than get on with a new season. If we only play each other three times or twice, well at least everyone knows where they stand before the season starts.

23 hours ago, iateallthepies said:

I suppose it all depends on the financial situation of the clubs and how soon we get back to playing. Personally I would be gutted if we didn't get to take our chances in the playoffs. Finish the season cup finals and all, have a couple of weeks break so  clubs could get their signings sorted than get on with a new season. If we only play each other three times or twice, well at least everyone knows where they stand before the season starts.

for me, ideally would finish the season whenever you can, and shorten next season. As you say, just play each other 2 or 3 time’s instead to suit next season. However it won’t happen. The 2 glesga arse cheeks have to play each other 4 times for sky or contract is broken. Also if there is European football then leagues have to be done before that starts. 

On 08/04/2020 at 19:28, Drifter said:

It's all a bit quiet on here, so what's your thoughts on this big decision to be made at the end of this week? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52214595

I think it makes sense to vote for it bud. But there will be a few teams who are raging if they are bottom (hearts, Partick etc) and also likes of Falkirk who were desperate to go up. 

56 minutes ago, big al said:

I think it makes sense to vote for it bud. But there will be a few teams who are raging if they are bottom (hearts, Partick etc) and also likes of Falkirk who were desperate to go up. 

Probably a stick on that reconstruction will follow. The door is open for that if vote is yes

Spoiler

Cowdenbeath FC – SPFL Resolution

Cowdenbeath FC can confirm that they voted in favour of the SPFL resolution to call the 2019/20 League season as being concluded with the current position of each club being the finishing positions for season 2019/20.  Given more than 75% of games have been played we believe this readily meets any reasonable test of sporting integrity.  It seems to us to be the right thing for the good of the game in Scotland.  The key benefit of calling the season now is that it offers a degree of real clarity as opposed to continuing uncertainty.  Yes, it will hopefully unlock distribution of SPFL positional based fees for season 2019/20 but most importantly it allows us to more clearly plot our cashflow position for the coming months, lets clubs turn their attention to player contracts (which in our case mostly expire early in June), gives certainty that we will not be called back into action at short notice, and clubs have an understanding of which League they will be in next season – whenever football does eventually resume.  For us the idea that season 2019/20 will ever recommence is fanciful.  It is not all about money, clarity rather than charity is a key driving force.  It is clear from the voting figures that our thinking is in line with the substantial majority of SPFL clubs.  Our decision involved taking a pragmatic and sporting view and thus we elected to sacrifice our potential play off place for the greater good.  There are of course larger issues concerning our whole society at this time. 

Obviously there are far more important things going on around us just now outside football but when we move towards getting back to some form of normality and in better circumstances. What would everyone's view/opinion/thoughts on SPFL league reconstruction? 

My personal football fan opinion so far appears to be from what I read is it is very much  focused on just adding two further teams to the Premiership and  I don't think this will enhance the overall game and benefit all SPFL clubs

I think we should only have three leagues, a Premiership of 14, Championship of 14 and League 1 also containing 14. Two automatic promotions and relegations from all leagues and third and fourth placed facing of in a promotion playoff with third bottom team also involved in the higher league in regards to relegation.

Continuation of Pyramid playoff to remain in place for bottom of league 1 placed team from a Cowden fan point of view as I doubt any lower SPFL club would vote automatic relegation unless perhaps a further lower SPFL branded league was added inviting up some Lowland league, Highland league clubs and colt teams into it with much the same level of prize money as this current pyramid playoff model provides an insurance policy if you like given the potential risk factors of dropping out of the senior ranks could present to current SPFL clubs given the level of income outside the SPFL is significantly different and that the current level of SPFL prize money SPFL clubs get probably keep many of them in existence.

However I guess you could argue as there is potentially more movement between SPFL and the lowland league these leagues may in itself get more competitive and attract more finance's I. E price money/parachute payments to help clubs reducing the fear and protect any Club going out of existence as at the end of the day's these clubs are peoples communities and livelihoods and nobody would really like to see a club going out of existence. However it is not something I would like to experience as a Cowden fan and my ambitions and vision for our club is very much looking upwards that will help continue to sustain the club as the pyramid system is not an easy return to the senior ranks as we have already seen with the likes of East Stirlingshire and Berwick who have unfortunately left the senior ranks.  We were fortunate enough to avoid this with credit in my opinion of avoiding this from hardworking efforts from all connected with cowdenbeath at the time board, players/management/fans/community and volunteers. 

Also if there was interest a Football You tube or other format to be cover the lower league games in terms of highlights and interviews with the lower league clubs Championship down to League 1 and perhaps Lowland and Highland if there was enough interest. Ideally mainstream TV ie bbc would cover our lower spfl leagues in addition to just their Premiership games. 

For me there needs to be ambitious plans that benefit all SPFL clubs when it comes to reconstruction whilst enhancing the overall Scottish game . Moving forward to I think there should be opportunitys for fans input to SPFL decision making process and to gauge ideas this could be done via an appointed fan representing their club or a fan representing each league for the respective clubs in their own clubs current league. 

Having just three leagues with this model also may increase the chances of smaller clubs having a gateway into the Premiership even though that may be a once in a lifetime opportunity it is a chance one that may help sustain such clubs for future generations given the income opportunities that are on offer. Look at Arbroath as a potential example of that this season not far of the promotion playoffs for the Premiership and they were in similar lower league positions like ourselves recently. Arbroath like ourselves in recent history of what can be achieved for lower league clubs. 

Take care and stay safe everyone and would be good to hear everyone's views from both a Cowden fan view or view from a bigger picture perspective as a Scottish football fan. 

Also be interested in people's thoughts of new suggestions and ideas when we get over these challenging times that will benefit the football club. Personally thought there was a real sense of togetherness at the club this year especially with the bar being opened which attracted excellent hospitality opportunities.

Good chance for us all to reflect on this season too on what went well and and what could be done better. 

As I say there are far more important things going on just now but nice to think about our hobbies and interests I. E the football club 💭 

Again stay safe and take care everyone 

Edited by Cowden316

56 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Obviously there are far more important things going on around us just now outside football but when we move towards getting back to some form of normality and in better circumstances. What would everyone's view/opinion/thoughts on SPFL league reconstruction? 

My personal football fan opinion so far appears to be from what I read is it is very much  focused on just adding two further teams to the Premiership and  I don't think this will enhance the overall game and benefit all SPFL clubs

I think we should only have three leagues, a Premiership of 14, Championship of 14 and League 1 also containing 14. Two automatic promotions and relegations from all leagues and third and fourth placed facing of in a promotion playoff with third bottom team also involved in the higher league in regards to relegation.

Continuation of Pyramid playoff to remain in place for bottom of league 1 placed team from a Cowden fan point of view as I doubt any lower SPFL club would vote automatic relegation unless perhaps a further lower SPFL branded league was added inviting up some Lowland league, Highland league clubs and colt teams into it with much the same level of prize money as this current pyramid playoff model provides an insurance policy if you like given the potential risk factors of dropping out of the senior ranks could present to current SPFL clubs given the level of income outside the SPFL is significantly different and that the current level of SPFL prize money SPFL clubs get probably keep many of them in existence.

However I guess you could argue as there is potentially more movement between SPFL and the lowland league these leagues may in itself get more competitive and attract more finance's I. E price money/parachute payments to help clubs reducing the fear and protect any Club going out of existence as at the end of the day's these clubs are peoples communities and livelihoods and nobody would really like to see a club going out of existence. However it is not something I would like to experience as a Cowden fan and my ambitions and vision for our club is very much looking upwards that will help continue to sustain the club as the pyramid system is not an easy return to the senior ranks as we have already seen with the likes of East Stirlingshire and Berwick who have unfortunately left the senior ranks.  We were fortunate enough to avoid this with credit in my opinion of avoiding this from hardworking efforts from all connected with cowdenbeath at the time board, players/management/fans/community and volunteers. 

Also if there was interest a Football You tube or other format to be cover the lower league games in terms of highlights and interviews with the lower league clubs Championship down to League 1 and perhaps Lowland and Highland if there was enough interest. Ideally mainstream TV ie bbc would cover our lower spfl leagues in addition to just their Premiership games. 

For me there needs to be ambitious plans that benefit all SPFL clubs when it comes to reconstruction whilst enhancing the overall Scottish game . Moving forward to I think there should be opportunitys for fans input to SPFL decision making process and to gauge ideas this could be done via an appointed fan representing their club or a fan representing each league for the respective clubs in their own clubs current league. 

Having just three leagues with this model also may increase the chances of smaller clubs having a gateway into the Premiership even though that may be a once in a lifetime opportunity it is a chance one that may help sustain such clubs for future generations given the income opportunities that are on offer. Look at Arbroath as a potential example of that this season not far of the promotion playoffs for the Premiership and they were in similar lower league positions like ourselves recently. Arbroath like ourselves in recent history of what can be achieved for lower league clubs. 

Take care and stay safe everyone and would be good to hear everyone's views from both a Cowden fan view or view from a bigger picture perspective as a Scottish football fan. 

Also be interested in people's thoughts of new suggestions and ideas when we get over these challenging times that will benefit the football club. Personally thought there was a real sense of togetherness at the club this year especially with the bar being opened which attracted excellent hospitality opportunities.

Good chance for us all to reflect on this season too on what went well and and what could be done better. 

As I say there are far more important things going on just now but nice to think about our hobbies and interests I. E the football club 💭 

Again stay safe and take care everyone 

Some post! Well done. But the whole “ reconstruction “ discussion is just about keeping Hearts in the top league.

Why are we even talking about reconstruction when it is to be sorted out in 6 weeks. Just a ruse to save Hearts and Partick and get Falkirk and ICT promoted. The lower leagues will get about 30 seconds of thought and be forced down a road we dont want to go.

Total out of touch with the going-on of football at the moment and in truth, I don’t care as there are more important things going on, however just listened to the David Cox interview on Lower League Ramblings and just want to say that I really enjoyed it.

I think I state the obvious when I say that Cox is the sort of player that winds up opposition fans, but actually he’s someone I secretly admired, but to hear him talk so openly about his battles and the abuse he has had to take from rival players and supporters, it’s simply not right.

He mentioned Stirling a couple of times and I heard and watched him, Jim McInally and Co run into the stand to confront the person in hospitality that shouted what they did, and my heart went out to the lad when I heard that. I really hope, but doubt, that some supporters take a look at their own conduct and what they are saying to players when they here this, regardless of they have history of poor mental health or not.

Anyway, good listening if you haven’t already heard it.

40 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Total out of touch with the going-on of football at the moment and in truth, I don’t care as there are more important things going on, however just listened to the David Cox interview on Lower League Ramblings and just want to say that I really enjoyed it.

I think I state the obvious when I say that Cox is the sort of player that winds up opposition fans, but actually he’s someone I secretly admired, but to hear him talk so openly about his battles and the abuse he has had to take from rival players and supporters, it’s simply not right.

He mentioned Stirling a couple of times and I heard and watched him, Jim McInally and Co run into the stand to confront the person in hospitality that shouted what they did, and my heart went out to the lad when I heard that. I really hope, but doubt, that some supporters take a look at their own conduct and what they are saying to players when they here this, regardless of they have history of poor mental health or not.

Anyway, good listening if you haven’t already heard it.

Too true, there a number of people who should be ashamed of themselves. The QP player who abused him this season for one, watch the video of David’s sending off and you can see something is said to make him react as he did. He covers the incident himself on the podcast.

12 minutes ago, iateallthepies said:

If div 2 stays at ten teams with Cove swapped for Stranraer I think we would have as good a chance as anybody in a very open league. Don't really fancy a 14 team division

Would agree we would have a good chance as things stand however  if Kelty Hearts and Brora are granted entry we will potentially be competing against three well funded teams Queens Park, Kelty and Brora I assume. 

Regarding reconstruction.

I honestly think the leagues work well as they are. Almost every game in the season is meaningful, and the addition of all the play offs bring more money in. 
The main downside is playing each other 4 times but realistically you would have to go up to 18 at least to get down to twice.

I would change it so the winner of the Lowland league and Highland league play offs automatically replaces the bottom L2 team,  it I guess that’s not a popular suggestion in this forum!

Also as a bonus, it relegates Hearts. Ann Budge is just embarrassing herself at the  moment.