COWDENBEATH 2019-20

The 100 Club and Roof Fall (Bonus Ball) donate funds every season and these are already included in the club's cash flow projections. The online option has boosted the lottery back up after major outlets such as Kassie's Kitchen and Barnardos stopped operating as agents

Can’t help feeling this is nothing short of a nightmare. I understand the need to control this disease but the collateral damage could be bad for our sport never mind our team. I can’t see the season finishing any time soon. Who knows where or when this is all going to end.

5 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

The SPFL and the SFA will sort this out. We all know how competent they are! 

If there is any football before May, play the outstanding games (there aren't many) then see where we are. But whatever happens, please promote Cove or else everyone in Scotland will be getting called cheats.

Within a heartbeat they already stated that there was no pot of cash to dish out to clubs and that clubs already have any money that they are due. If that's true, then the smaller clubs will definitely struggle in the short term. That is another reason why I think this will be a temporary delay to the season.

That is the problem in China. It was relatively easy to shutdown, but far more difficult to restart the economy. 80% of the workforce are employed by smaller private companies and most of these companies couldn't survive more than a few months with no revenue. Wages and other outgoings still had to be covered. This will be the reality for smaller clubs just now 

Things have started kicking back into gear in China over the last week, but they are nowhere near back to normal.

I just can’t see how the season can resume.

the peak of this virus  is thought be late May early June. If we are shutting down now, football can’t resume when cases are rising towards May.

It should be remembered that the suspension of football is not to stop the spread but to free up police medics etc to help manage the impact of the virus. We are talking about businesses here that have been asked to close down so police, ambulance etc can be freed up to help society. So the government are going to turn round now and say sorry you went bust but thanks for your help.!

12 hours ago, PELE said:

Within a heartbeat they already stated that there was no pot of cash to dish out to clubs and that clubs already have any money that they are due. If that's true, then the smaller clubs will definitely struggle in the short term. That is another reason why I think this will be a temporary delay to the season.

That is the problem in China. It was relatively easy to shutdown, but far more difficult to restart the economy. 80% of the workforce are employed by smaller private companies and most of these companies couldn't survive more than a few months with no revenue. Wages and other outgoings still had to be covered. This will be the reality for smaller clubs just now 

Things have started kicking back into gear in China over the last week, but they are nowhere near back to normal.

Don’t expect any help from the S.G.

Oh, how Aberdonian. The S.G. Ave spent £4m recently on an Oil Transition Fund to help Aberdonians out of work due to the down in that industry to retrain and gain other employment. Apparently fairly successfully. Do your research. 

Free Healthcare, etc.etc.

What have the SNP ever done for us eh?

Typical Aberdonian.

1 hour ago, Lawro said:

Oh, how Aberdonian. The S.G. Ave spent £4m recently on an Oil Transition Fund to help Aberdonians out of work due to the down in that industry to retrain and gain other employment. Apparently fairly successfully. Do your research. 

Free Healthcare, etc.etc.

What have the SNP ever done for us eh?

Typical Aberdonian.

Most of those out of work don’t live anywhere near Aberdeen.

As a Ed City fan I'm quite happy to concede the League to Cove given that we were unlikely to catch them. But I'd be a bit annoyed at losing out on a chance for promotion. Ideally automatic promotion for the D2 runners up should come in but you guys and Elgin would rightly say "here, we've beaten Edinburgh City in games this season and wouldn't necessarily fear them in a play off". QP are also not so far off you guys now as well so it's interesting if the break will benefit them or you.

All a bit of a mess. The only consolation is the thought of playing summer games at an almost balmy Ainslie Park! Hope your lottery etc keeps you ticking over meantime though.

I'm not cool with binning the season & even prize money, i dont want any club to struggle , especially my club but we worked ourselves into a good position & had some winnable games to come, I would definitely be even more annoyed, if i was the Ednburgh City fan up there, if their is no play off's, I respect their is more to life than just football but our boys have worked hard all season, as have some of the other sides going for the top 4, something needs to come of it.

Out of pure boredom and having no football to appreciate.  Fill in the blanks and tell me the score:

Brechin: Hay, Skinner, Cairney, Kevin Fotheringham, Martyn Fotheringham, Black, Jackson, Clark, Boyle, Charlie King, Templeman.

Cowdenbeath: Graham, Renwick, White, Wilson, *BLANK*, *BLANK*, Mauchlen, Winter, Hilland, Brown, Gordon.

Feck sake.  Must find a trickier game.... :lol: 

Hamilton: Cuthbert, Gordon, Canning, Devlin, Hendrie, Routledge, Gillespie (Longridge 63), Crawford, Mackinnon, May, Ryan.

Cowdenbeath: Flynn, Brett, Armstrong, O'Brien, Adamson, Milne (McKenzie 46), *BLANK*, Miller (Coult 46), Ramsay (Stevenson 64), Linton, *BLANK*.  

What is the state of play for Cowden in terms of players contracts. Do we have to pay them full wages considering they are not fulfilling the hours? Not that I dont want players paid however paying players and staff with no incoming monies for the foreseeable must be potentially disastrous.

Hopefully the SPFL can forward one the payments due to all clubs earlier than 1st April.

38 minutes ago, NELLY said:

What is the state of play for Cowden in terms of players contracts. Do we have to pay them full wages considering they are not fulfilling the hours? Not that I dont want players paid however paying players and staff with no incoming monies for the foreseeable must be potentially disastrous.

Hopefully the SPFL can forward one the payments due to all clubs earlier than 1st April.

I read that Albion Rovers players have offered to defer wages. I’m not sure that helps as with no income, it just means more  money to shell out when normality resumes.

5 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

I read that Albion Rovers players have offered to defer wages. I’m not sure that helps as with no income, it just means more  money to shell out when normality resumes.

How will it be more money?

It's just the money they should have received when cashflow resumes.

Feck sake.  Must find a trickier game.... :lol: 
Hamilton: Cuthbert, Gordon, Canning, Devlin, Hendrie, Routledge, Gillespie (Longridge 63), Crawford, Mackinnon, May, Ryan.
Cowdenbeath: Flynn, Brett, Armstrong, O'Brien, Adamson, Milne (McKenzie 46), *BLANK*, Miller (Coult 46), Ramsay (Stevenson 64), Linton, *BLANK*.  

McAllister, Moore 1-3