COWDENBEATH 2019-20

10 hours ago, onecowden said:

Very welcome 3 points. Back on track hopefully.

Aye relieved to hear final whistle,we really rode our luck in the second half though rovers rode theirs in the first,we should've been out of sight before half an hour was in

On 04/03/2020 at 08:32, highlandcowden said:

Aye relieved to hear final whistle,we really rode our luck in the second half though rovers rode theirs in the first,we should've been out of sight before half an hour was in

We started well again, like Saturday.

I definitely think evening football appeals more to some players. Buchanan always looks really up for it in midweek games.

I have to say that is the sharpest I have seen Renton. Good to see him following up for the goal. He is probably told to stand at the keeper at corners, but we would do better if he was running in and attacking the ball with his height. He does it really well at the other end when we are defending a corner. Sure he would score some headers. I know Mango scores some, but a tall striker shoud be on the end of the crosses, not defenders. You can see Toddy is desperate to score though. He had about five attempts from corners.

We didn't sit back either when in the lead, although it could easily have been a draw. It shows how important Mango is. He won just about everything in our box. He was immense.

I still wish we would play GT and Allan (or Connelly if fit) together. GT broke up the right a few times and had nobody to swing the ball over to in the box. Renton (not criticism) doesn't have the speed that Allan or Connelly have. Sometimes Coxy gets the ball up the wing and he has to turn back because we don't have anyone running in and he ends up losing it and getting frustrated. A speedy player running in would cause some panic in the opposition defence. Just now, we are too predictable. 

Don't see much to be pessimistic about just now, players fighting for points, could easily have been 2 wins in row, if we didn't get unlucky with Edinburgh scoring late on, defending last few games, much more like earlier in season, Renton finally scoring, Coxy having hand in both goals, so got to stick with they 2 up there just now, Allan should get lot more than 5 or 10 minutes tho. sure Annan have bit of height at the back & definitely shadow of former selves, need to have go at them weekend & test them, shame Annan will be much fresher at the weekend, with their midweek game with Brechin called off, hopefully the boys can put in another shift for the club, be interesting with Hamilton back (him & Todd up their for player of year)

12 hours ago, SuperCowden said:

Don't see much to be pessimistic about just now, players fighting for points, could easily have been 2 wins in row, if we didn't get unlucky with Edinburgh scoring late on, defending last few games, much more like earlier in season, Renton finally scoring, Coxy having hand in both goals, so got to stick with they 2 up there just now, Allan should get lot more than 5 or 10 minutes tho. sure Annan have bit of height at the back & definitely shadow of former selves, need to have go at them weekend & test them, shame Annan will be much fresher at the weekend, with their midweek game with Brechin called off, hopefully the boys can put in another shift for the club, be interesting with Hamilton back (him & Todd up their for player of year)

Annan gave Cove a pasting but since then the have gone backwards. Nade could well cause us problems and I’m still not convinced about our keeper, makes too many mistakes.

Elgin away is going to be really difficult too if they play as well as they did at the start of the season and they also gave Cove a pasting. Strange.

Nade is definitely handful, im sure him getting sent off at Central park last time, won't be to our advantage either, going into this one, big Barr & Todd might be physical enough to deal with him, I hope we have bit of pace on the left for this one, the boy Flanagan is good for them, wish we signed him when he was going for free, need to keep them 2 quiet to win this one i think, i personally think we can't be losing this one, Elgin away is bigger nightmare on paper like you said, anytime I've written us off before games, we've ended up winning, so hopefully we get 4 or 6 points from next 2 lol, no points will be problem we're not needing.

Nade is definitely handful, im sure him getting sent off at Central park last time, won't be to our advantage either, going into this one, big Barr & Todd might be physical enough to deal with him, I hope we have bit of pace on the left for this one, the boy Flanagan is good for them, wish we signed him when he was going for free, need to keep them 2 quiet to win this one i think, i personally think we can't be losing this one, Elgin away is bigger nightmare on paper like you said, anytime I've written us off before games, we've ended up winning, so hopefully we get 4 or 6 points from next 2 lol, no points will be problem we're not needing.

Flanagan went off injured last week so could be doubtful for this game.
Nade not been starting games lately. I would like to see him on from the start tomorrow.
Our results have been poor lately. We’re not scoring many goals and conceding too many.
It’s going to be hard tomorrow for us to get anything from this game.
No predictions from me but hopefully Annan can get all 3 points tomorrow.

Crackin picture that is... would make a nice away shirt for next season. Simple but effective.

Looking forward to a second visit to Galabank tomorrow with my dad - think he's only coming for the pies though! - and what is my most local game at 135 miles away... so can't wait to see the Coos again and predicting a, er, 0-0 (or 1-1)  draw!

On 05/03/2020 at 21:38, SuperCowden said:

Craig Barr is the player of the year by a considerable distance bud. Stand out almost every time I have seen him.