COWDENBEATH 2019-20

9 hours ago, SuperCowden said:

https://pfascotland.co.uk/Membership-Benefits/player-availability-list/ , dont know who does the recruitment when comes to signing but theirs wee gap needing filled with Connor going back to hearts, Unless Bollan plans to use Archie Thomas again,  this site is decent for looking at whos out of football & looking for club,  decent young players their without club like Andrew McCarthy  who was recently with Queen Of The South, Robbie Crawford  probs looking for higher league but got others on there like Sam Jamieson  who come through Rangers youth system but now without club, Conor Scullion  decent young winger too, said before bout the Flannagan boy going free but Annan picked him up, he looks decent signing for them, anyway hope the boys can get the 3 points at weekend

Is Conor Scullion not at Dumbarton? I'm sure we had him on trial a couple of seasons back.

41 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

Is Conor Scullion not at Dumbarton? I'm sure we had him on trial a couple of seasons back.

Yeah he's at Dumbarton and he was with us briefly.  I can vaguely remember seeing him play for us and thinking he looked average.

https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/squad/?mode=squad&SquadID=51&id=993

Connelly isnt the same type of player or positional wise as smith. Doubt Connelly will get much game time unless an injury to allan.

Archie thomas is our best ball playing central mid. Best technically as well. At moment he is just not in starting x1 im sure he will get back in and get a chance though. Good player.

3 hours ago, NELLY said:

Connelly isnt the same type of player or positional wise as smith. Doubt Connelly will get much game time unless an injury to allan.

Archie thomas is our best ball playing central mid. Best technically as well. At moment he is just not in starting x1 im sure he will get back in and get a chance though. Good player.

Archie was excellent at the start of the season, especially the first game against Cove. Can’t understand why he isn’t getting a game.

Archie was excellent at the start of the season, especially the first game against Cove. Can’t understand why he isn’t getting a game.

When he plays well we do really well but he can become invisible and I guess Bollan prefers the dig from Herd.

I personally would rather see Thomas play and create for us especially now that Smith is away or we will revert to hoof ball.

4 minutes ago, wulliemc said:

When he plays well we do really well but he can become invisible and I guess Bollan prefers the dig from Herd.

I personally would rather see Thomas play and create for us especially now that Smith is away or we will revert to hoof ball.

Don’t think we’ll revert to hoofball if Renton is not playing.

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Don’t think we’ll revert to hoofball if Renton is not playing.

When he is fit again, keep him on the bench. My worry is he comes straight back in and we resort to hoofball.

When he is fit again, keep him on the bench. My worry is he comes straight back in and we resort to hoofball.
This. Some of our football has been excellent recently which I don't think is a coincidence. Renton certainly brings a decent amount to the side but not as a starter. Bollan can't possibly put him straight back in.

We are a better side without Kris but that’s not Kris’s fault. When he’s in the side we seen to just go more direct. A midfield 3 of Buchanan, Miller and Herd doesn’t have a lot of guile but will work hard. Really will be up to the front 2 to get us goals.

1 hour ago, Muzza81 said:

Team sheet doing the rounds on twitter from a Hutchie Leith under 12s game with a lot of familiar Scottish football names including Kris Renton at centre half!

Michael Andrews in goal as well up against Leigh Griffiths :lol: 

On 08/01/2020 at 09:47, NELLY said:

Shame he hasn't been getting the game time just now. We really need someone to cut through the middle of the pitch!

I remember watching his first couple of games and especially the ones against Hearts and Dundee United where he was showing signs of being the next Markus Paatelainen!

Guess he is still young and still has half the season remaining!

7 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Team sheet doing the rounds on twitter from a Hutchie Leith under 12s game with a lot of familiar Scottish football names including Kris Renton at centre half!

That's more like it, centre half. He always does well defending corners and is good at passing usually.