COWDENBEATH 2019-20

good performance from Cowden saturday and the difference with having Allan up top for our overall play is so so different and better to watch.

Allan worked his socks off and occupied 2 centre halfs all day creating space for others with his running. Connor Smith was superb and at 17 is going to be a big player in the future I believe.

Big shout out to Jamie Pyper who has his critics but done really well on Saturday as well. Mikey Herd was superb as well.

Agree re Pyper. He had a good game and is much comfier in a back four. Great news that Hamilton will be staying with us though (it appears anyway).

Hope Smith gets a chance at Hearts but likely will get the odd minute thrown on out wide. At 17 he’s a big prospect but games are best for him for sure. 

That's Hearts confirmed we are recalling Smith.  He seems to have done well with you guys, I think he might get a chance under Stendel.

Hopefully he will get a chance. He has everything he needs to make it imo. Good luck to him.

Looking at our depleted team before kick off on Saturday, I was really worried, but we played some really good stuff and deserved our win. Connor Smith had his best game for us and there were no failures. All the same, Nade's sending off was a big break for us even though we were 2-0 up. I wasn't looking forward to the ball being fired into our box all the second half with the Gale force wind behind it. A crucial win though, and it gives us a bit of breathing space. A shame about Smith , but if we could hold on to Hamilton that would be a big help. I wonder if Connelly will be recalled from his loan, and the manager might be able to pull another rabbit out of the hat.

2 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Hearts need all the help they can get. Just hope they don’t ruin the lad, another season in a lower league would surely have been the sensible option.

It would have been good to keep Smith and far better for his development as well. Hearts have recalled seven loanees. They won't play all of them, if any of them even get much of a look-in. Maybe they are recalling them to make a push for the reserve league title!

In the old days, players like Smith would have been on the books of teams like Cowden. Nowadays, these players are basically hoovered up by the bigger teams to fill reserve and youth teams and only see action when they are loaned out.

https://pfascotland.co.uk/Membership-Benefits/player-availability-list/ , dont know who does the recruitment when comes to signing but theirs wee gap needing filled with Connor going back to hearts, Unless Bollan plans to use Archie Thomas again,  this site is decent for looking at whos out of football & looking for club,  decent young players their without club like Andrew McCarthy  who was recently with Queen Of The South, Robbie Crawford  probs looking for higher league but got others on there like Sam Jamieson  who come through Rangers youth system but now without club, Conor Scullion  decent young winger too, said before bout the Flannagan boy going free but Annan picked him up, he looks decent signing for them, anyway hope the boys can get the 3 points at weekend